[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Dear Sentient Bread,

you are now officially more stock than stock. Congratulations.

Wow. That can mean that in some future we will be able to finally use this parts toatally seamlessly.

Or at least I want to hope so.

It always hurted a little bit that I couldn't really mix some of stock parts (mostly monoprop tanks and size2 craft parts) with Tantares stations without making them clearly seen as different.

Kraken has heard my prayers.

Wow. That can mean that in some future we will be able to finally use this parts toatally seamlessly.

Or at least I want to hope so.

It always hurted a little bit that I couldn't really mix some of stock parts (mostly monoprop tanks and size2 craft parts) with Tantares stations without making them clearly seen as different.

Kraken has heard my prayers.

I know what you mean. In order to avoid too much of a üõшðýøýð of styles, you really have to be quite judicious about what you use. Or just cover the more out of place bits with greebles and antennae, with a healthy dose of TweakScale to boot. :D

1Q8HJPN.png?1

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Question about the R-7/Soyuz remake (which we are all VERY much looking forward to! ; what are you planning to do for the engines? The angle on the booster tanks flare makes it look like a regular symmetrical cylinder might not 'fit' right , which makes me wonder if you were planning to have a different part for the booster engine vs center engine, or if the preview pics may have just looked a little odd.

> "Zond is launched on a Proton."

Yea, I know, but I don't like the Proton. For the Zond, at least within KSP, it is way overpowered. So much so that I dropped the second stage from the launch vehicle for the Mir. It also looks more modern. Yea, I know the Proton is from 1965 and doesn't qualify as "modern" but, aesthetically, I prefer the look of the R7. It's ugnyness is more attractive. I also tend to use the N1 components rather than the Proton for similar reasons and only used the Proton for the Mir components because of TWR issues.

Edited by CaptKordite

Also another quick Q - the beta you posted a while back of the PPTS seemed to be working pretty well. Is it in the works to include it in the next update? Or is that still further down the line?

> "Zond is launched on a Proton."

Yea, I know, but I don't like the Proton. For the Zond, at least within KSP, it is way overpowered. So much so that I dropped the second stage from the launch vehicle for the Mir. It also looks more modern. Yea, I know the Proton is from 1965 and doesn't qualify as "modern" but, aesthetically, I prefer the look of the R7. It's ugnyness is more attractive. I also tend to use the N1 components rather than the Proton for similar reasons and only used the Proton for the Mir components because of TWR issues.

If the N1 had been given money earlier on the N1 would have had a whole family of rockets, an N1 with the first stage removed would replace the proton.

Another question!

Is the "no fuel crossfeed" component overridden by the "Ship Manifest" mod (the one that allows non-EVA crew transfers between modules)?

Sorry to be a pain, just want to be sure before I start committing a lot of time to launches only to have to revert!

Nope, the Blok G is there. And the Blok D with some legs slapped on it above that.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/273/20304392436_f5e28bf8f6_z_d.jpg

Very cute lander! :)

Another question!

Is the "no fuel crossfeed" component overridden by the "Ship Manifest" mod (the one that allows non-EVA crew transfers between modules)?

Sorry to be a pain, just want to be sure before I start committing a lot of time to launches only to have to revert!

I can't say for sure, I have never used Ship Manifest. If it would require an MM patch to enable this compatibility, then no unfortunately not.

I have been quite busy, but work is continuing!

I've chosen to go for a generic module, than for separate booster engines.

As is the typical with the multi-nozzle engines, the polycount can easily creep up, since there are to be 5 of these babies per rocket, the design will remain quite simple.

cdadd59479.jpg

94d5ad3d22.jpg

027dc12927.jpg

A small addition also, courtesy of hoojiwana, the Waxwing!

5192288fa7.jpg

Edited by Beale