[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

53 minutes ago, Mechtech said:

well yeah, the basic heterogeneous ports are pretty straightforward, but the supposedly universal ports are apparently actually only compatible with each-other (and not stock ports or other Tantares ports) despite that they're supposedly homogeneous, and the docking chute doesn't appear to be compatible with anything. and there are plenty of mods with compatible ports- I use several of them. 

honestly I'll admit that I don't really use any of the Tantares docking ports given that for me they offer no real advantages over the stock ones (at least, the functional ones, anyway, still miffed about the docking chute)  or the Konstruction weldable ports, but hells I might switch over at some point for aesthetic reasons. port incompatibility is one of the big killers... especially since unlike Real Life, we can't use jury-rigged docking tubes or 'soft docks' to get around that.

I think I have lost track of the port types, the APAS ports do not dock with stock ports?

O7sxCJ3.png
Auva0Jd.png

Програ́мма Аполло́н

jRpDQYm.png
U5loCjM.png

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Mechtech said:

well yeah, the basic heterogeneous ports are pretty straightforward, but the supposedly universal ports are apparently actually only compatible with each-other (and not stock ports or other Tantares ports) despite that they're supposedly homogeneous

But why?

The heterogeneous ports are in "mom&dad" relations, so IRL you need one "male" and one "female" port to dock. And all the universality of these "supposedly universal" homogeneous ports that they are genderless and can dock to any of the same type. Cross-type docking is impossible due to the differences in design

З.Ы.
Of course, if one stops thinking the replica way, maybe there should be a possibility to dock nearly everything to everything for convenience

Edited by Legcutter

except for the fact that the m/f ports can't dock with them either. they seem to be only able to dock to an identical port type, which is really weird since the M/F ports seem to be working as intended and they're obviously visually compatible with Clamp-o-trons. and then there's the docking parachute, which doesn't appear to be able to dock with anything, even ITSELF...

2 hours ago, Beale said:

I think I have lost track of the port types, the APAS ports do not dock with stock ports?

They haven't for a while (at least a few months), but it was never a real issue for me so I never pointed it out. 

Just now, DJ Reonic said:

Thanks @CobaltWolf

I'm trying to get the "Black Soyuz" Scheme for the service modules and the Progress craft. I wish I had the .psd files. the "psd" in the file names is a little misleading.

Beale has them on a google drive, you'll have to ask for a link to the Soyuz folder. :)

5 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Thanks @CobaltWolf

I'm trying to get the "Black Soyuz" Scheme for the service modules and the Progress craft. I wish I had the .psd files. the "psd" in the file names is a little misleading.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Beale has them on a google drive, you'll have to ask for a link to the Soyuz folder. :)

I don't have the old textures, but I do have the new textures here, you can use those new textures with:

Tantares In-Progress Download 2

A few tweaks and the new solar panels.

3VenKUj.png

1.875 => 2.5

mkeTQHu.png

Edited by Beale

Yay! 1.2! :D

Quick Question, will you add the the parts to the new modules? (Like the Soviet landing legs into the ground section, or solar panels into the electric section, or docking ports/decouplers into the coupling section, etc.?) 

On 01/11/2016 at 5:45 PM, Beeso3 said:

Yay! 1.2! :D

Quick Question, will you add the the parts to the new modules? (Like the Soviet landing legs into the ground section, or solar panels into the electric section, or docking ports/decouplers into the coupling section, etc.?) 

This is just an interim fix, but the upcoming 1.2 version will, yes.

I have already done this for the Soyuz / LK , with Antenna and libra legs in their correct place.

On 01/11/2016 at 1:21 AM, Legcutter said:

A-and... should we investigate N-2 too?)

Do you have some secret info? :D 

Edited by Beale

39 minutes ago, Beale said:

Do you have some secret info? :D 

I bet if someone sent an email to RKK Energia asking for access the whatever other info they may have on the rest of the 'Hossitel" family, theyd release the info. I'd do it, but I don't speak Russian.

55 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

I bet if someone sent an email to RKK Energia asking for access the whatever other info they may have on the rest of the 'Hossitel" family, theyd release the info. I'd do it, but I don't speak Russian.

I would not be so sure :)

N1 work in progress download.

Not many parts to play with, but basically a full Blok G and Blok V.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2MDaKtB.png
Ll3FQph.jpg
G2hdLqw.png
dxDHFLe.png
xrJcEAL.png

7 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

:lol::lol:

Enjoy!

From a quick test, it looks like the Blok V + Blok G combination can put 3 tons into a low orbit. Not bad!
(You would probably need to use some of that mass for fairings and grid-fins though, it will not fly perfectly without).

Edited by Beale

Thanks very much for the mod. So far I've played around with Soyuz in RO - it looks great.

The orbiter mass doesn't seem to match some references I have ( e.g. spaceflight 101 though different parts of that page don't even match each other ). The total orbiter ripped off one of the RO craft files I think is too heavy and the Propulsion Module is 2360 kg and not enough propellent kg vs 2900 kg I expected. I'm guessing that the part really is matching Soyuz 7K (which has 500 kg fuel vs TMA 800 kg) ?

Do you know what's the best reference for Soyuz MS (the current version) and what's the best way for me to make / get the parts - I'm comfortable creating .cfgs. Maybe (probably?) they already exist, if not I'm not sure the best way to make them so I can 'share them back' - copy rename to the MS version? and it could be merged to RO?

:( I forgot to click 'notify me of replies' so pls quote or @ me.

Edited by DBowman