[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

It looks like the current incarnation of that LK-700 capsule uses the top parts (chutes) off the existing VA capsule? Is that correct?
(Its neither good nor bad, just asking out of curiosity)

So those are currently just placeholders, and we will have some dedicated parts for the LK-700 :)

2 hours ago, Callistoan said:

Ooh. Are we going to be able to put the VA christmas tree on top? Also, is there an IVA? Along with that, are there any alternate textures? Great work, thank you so much.

For the VA yes! Sure thing.

IVA - likely.
Alternate textures - yes there is capacity for it, I am happy to receive suggestions for this! :)

I would probably default to a grey recolour, e.g. BARIS.

500?cb=20150203232615

Edited by Beale

Thank you so much for all of the work you've put into this mod. It has really helped me cultivate an interest in aerospace engineering and space. I love tinkering with stuff on KSP and I've learned a lot about both the history of Soviet/Russian space and what I can do with these nice parts. Just wanted to say this before you go on to other things. Thank you again.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, Callistoan said:

Thank you so much for all of the work you've put into this mod. It has really helped me cultivate an interest in aerospace engineering and space.

Hey that's really cool! Nice to hear.

5TaVipR.png
RzEvXsX.png

Engine mount, will be switchable to .625 / .9375 / 1.25 (?)
mIQoh1C.png

As we are targeting Duna (And maybe other denser atmospheric bodies), a small aerospike is considered, what are people's thoughts?
Ex: the old RLA models.

nARP2D7.png

engine mount, all the interstage lengths.
387s2D9.png
WpSfaf3.png

Edited by Beale

9 hours ago, Beale said:

5TaVipR.pngRzEvXsX.png

Once its released, I think this might just replace the 3man Soyuz capsule as my go-to favorite..... I can't say enough good things about how this came out. I give you the highest of fives. :D

any chance of an alternate color scheme with the red stripe in different colors? (or at least dark-dark-grey like the top of the parachute cap? perhaps a dark blue?)

9 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Once its released, I think this might just replace the 3man Soyuz capsule as my go-to favorite..... I can't say enough good things about how this came out. I give you the highest of fives. :D

any chance of an alternate color scheme with the red stripe in different colors? (or at least dark-dark-grey like the top of the parachute cap? perhaps a dark blue?)

Many thanks!

I am leaning for a solid colour scheme for the alternative scheme, but I like these ideas - the dark blue is fairly well known to this design.

Edited by Beale

Meanwhile I found a few glitches with engine plumes. In particular, Dolk and Star both lack plumes (but they have lighting) and the Block D's engine's built-in RCS have these big glitchy plumes in the wrong direction.

Rn6h0xh.pngnzpwwYP.pngfe1mUMO.png

On a more positive note, an (almost) proper tower for the N-1:

jhixW0T.png

P.S. Where did the grid fins go?

Edited by TK-313

45 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Meanwhile I found a few glitches with engine plumes. In particular, Dolk and Star both lack plumes (but they have lighting) and the Block D's engine's built-in RCS have these big glitchy plumes in the wrong direction.

Rn6h0xh.png

On a more positive note, an (almost) proper tower for the N-1:

jhixW0T.png

P.S. Where did the grid fins go?

Argh! So we did not reach 1.8 without damage!

Many thanks for finding these, I will look to fix them as soon as possible.

N1 tower is looking great! But I am unsure on the fins, let me check. :)

LK-700 spike. (we don't need this on the moon, but where else?)

iPO5wai.png
wo1iZNr.png

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Github

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Aerospikes and further tweaks.

Tested the new command pod and aerospike engine.

Both work great so far.

A question about the chutes - is it possible to configure the drogue chute to open sooner/higher? Say, to deploy at 8-10k with a bit higher speed?  As it is now, the drogue chute doesn't deploy until the main chute is already safe to deploy (or within 2-3 seconds of being safe to deploy) and serves little utility function beyond capping off the capsule stack in a visually-nice way. I've done a fair amount of parts tweaking, but getting drogue chutes to be more useful in-game has eluded me.

13 hours ago, tjsnh said:

A question about the chutes - is it possible to configure the drogue chute to open sooner/higher? Say, to deploy at 8-10k with a bit higher speed?  As it is now, the drogue chute doesn't deploy until the main chute is already safe to deploy (or within 2-3 seconds of being safe to deploy)

Try using Realchute, you will have to make a module manager patch for the drogue chute though.

You can find a version compiled for ksp 1.8 on github

14 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Tested the new command pod and aerospike engine.

Both work great so far.

A question about the chutes - is it possible to configure the drogue chute to open sooner/higher? Say, to deploy at 8-10k with a bit higher speed?  As it is now, the drogue chute doesn't deploy until the main chute is already safe to deploy (or within 2-3 seconds of being safe to deploy) and serves little utility function beyond capping off the capsule stack in a visually-nice way. I've done a fair amount of parts tweaking, but getting drogue chutes to be more useful in-game has eluded me.

Thanks! I will look to fix this asap.

4 hours ago, TrueGangrel said:

does anyone have the proton rocket craft file?

I will upload this soon.