[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, MadMan! said:

I'm sorry if this was asked before.

I was wondering is it normal for the N-1 to have so much dV even for a scaled system (I play on JNSQ) ?

In fact, the N1 is perfectly scaled for a 3.2 system - all staging events happen exactly as intended by the original N1-L3 flight plan. Just remember that block D does both orbit insertion and most of the landing.

2 hours ago, scottadges said:

Hey all, great continued work @Beale!

I wanted to ask, is there any problem using Version 19 of this mod in KSP 1.7.3 (although it says it's for KSP 1.8?)

Or should I stick with the Version 18.1 on Spacedock for 1.7.3?

I think it is 99.9% sure safe to use for KSP 1.7.3. :)

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares_Assets

Downward facing legs.

2mcH2hY.jpg
gpgfTQo.png
5bnTP1F.jpg
2wPCHDk.jpg

On 11/2/2019 at 12:14 PM, Beale said:

Downward facing ski.

Turns out this is actually required for the real LK-700 design.. But I will still keep the up folding version, you can choose what you want.

7Z9LY7E.png

Having both a fold-down, and fold-up, included in the next release would be incredible! This is going to fill an enormous missing-gap in the inventory of landing legs.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, DiscoSlelge said:

Ur 700 LK, nice,

Me : an intellectual, L3/19k boiiii

1572865559-220200-20191104104623-1.png

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Actually I like this design, and I maybe will steal this style of lander.

8 hours ago, Callistoan said:

We can build rocket sleds on the moon now. 

A variant that only folds a little down and not 90 degrees could be reall useful.

IVA

oSf80Fe.png

On 11/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, TK-313 said:

In fact, the N1 is perfectly scaled for a 3.2 system - all staging events happen exactly as intended by the original N1-L3 flight plan. Just remember that block D does both orbit insertion and most of the landing.

I tried it on 3.2 system and yep! It fits perfectly :D But since I play on JNSQ (2.7 system) I tried nerfing the rocket and came up with two methods. Either lower the ISP, or increase the dry mass. Do you have any suggestions? (I lean more to the second method since an inefficient NK-15 doesn't make sense :P)

(Not related to LK-700/UR-700)

As Tantares mostly depicts the Soviet/Russian crafts, maybe the very first spaceship project is also on topic.
Described it today in another thread, so, please, let me just leave the link here.

It's the pre-Vostok Korolev's project, Korabl-Sputnik / Ship-Satellite, which Vostok has grown from.
Was in space several times as Sputnik-4,-5, etc, first with a human mannequin, then with dogs.

Edited by kerbiloid

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

(Not related to LK-700/UR-700)

As Tantares mostly depicts the Soviet/Russian crafts, maybe the very first spaceship project is also on topic.
Described it today in another thread, so, please, let me just leave the link here.

It's the pre-Vostok Korolev's project, Korabl-Sputnik / Ship-Satellite, which Vostok has grown from.
Was in space several times as Sputnik-4,-5, etc, first with a human mannequin, then with dogs.

I don't understand sorry.

3M8fhPM.png

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

I'm sorry, but you're very wrong in naming that cylindrical part a pre-Vostok ship. The image you quote in the other topic shows a life support pod for two dogs that was installed in the place of the ejection seat on the Vostok unmanned prototypes (which actually were designated Ship-Satellite/Korabl-Sputnik as well as Sputnik-4, 5-1, 5, 6, 7-1, 9 and 10, to be exact. The "-1" numbers were used for failed missions to reserve the "clear" designation for successful ones. Weird, I know). All in all, this is very much a Vostok thing.

Now, it might be implemented as an ejectable science bay coupled with an overgrown Vostok-shaped heatshield, but I'm not sure if it will be in @Beale's scope these days, now that KSP 2 is at our doorstep.

Edited by TK-313
More specifics

37 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

I'm sorry, but you're very wrong in naming that cylindrical part a pre-Vostok ship. The image you quote in the other topic shows a life support pod for two dogs that was installed in the place of the ejection seat on the Vostok unmanned prototypes (which actually were designated Ship-Satellite/Korabl-Sputnik as well as Sputnik-4, 5-1, 5, 6, 7-1, 9 and 10, to be exact. The "-1" numbers were used for failed missions to reserve the "clear" designation for successful ones. Weird, I know). All in all, this is very much a Vostok thing.

Now, it might be implemented as an ejectable science bay coupled with an overgrown Vostok-shaped heatshield, but I'm not sure if it will be in @Beale's scope these days, now that KSP 2 is at our doorstep.

You can just use modulemanager to add in probe core functionality, and science storage, to the desired part.
I haven't updated it in .. too long .. but in my "Soviet Space Program" career total-conversion mod, the Vostok parts were usable unmanned using this method (and there were several 'contract' missions to launch them unmanned before manned)

Edited by tjsnh

39 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I know, it's black because that part doesn't have an IVA.

This is incorrect in this case.

10 hours ago, zit said:

v2yAcwL.png

Jeb's IVA broke.

Oh and another thing, the plume for the Vostok/VA engine doesn't really work...

I will try to fix these for next release.