[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

35 minutes ago, moguy16 said:

@Beale can you use another repositry for craft files other then dropbox please? 90% of the time it gives there was "something wrong with your download" 

maybe google drive or as a .zip might be better

I don't think anyone else has had this issue, unless others can corroborate.
It is likely an internet issue on your side? Dropping packets, etc.

I could move the craft files onto github if this is affecting many people.

Edited by Beale

39 minutes ago, Beale said:

No problem with Dropbox on my side.

Craft files themselves, however, is another story. Many of them won't load after update, due to use of old Soyuz parts (mainly RCS).

7 hours ago, Beale said:

I don't think it's much of an internet issue since it was working fin and BDB was downloading in he background and this issue has been persistent since i first looked at this mod not only that one time.

but even if it is my download manager can handle kf i is on github,(or drive or anything really other then dropbox).

So i would really appreciate it if you could put it on github

p.s. I don't want to make it seem like i am ungrateful this mod is great and certainly the only mod that justifies a mod only play through, so thank you!

9 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

No problem with Dropbox on my side.

Craft files themselves, however, is another story. Many of them won't load after update, due to use of old Soyuz parts (mainly RCS).

Indeed, it looks like they need a bit of a scrub.  I'm working through them slowly anyway so will share with Beale once I'm done.

2 hours ago, moguy16 said:

I would love to help with the craft files, anything i can do?

Pick one, build it, share it!  

I've got updated craft files for all the Soyuz bits (launchers and spacecraft) and N1-L3, but the rest still need updating.  Plus there's a few more that could be added to the collection.

Dang, sorry to see you go Beale :C  But I can't blame you for probably wanting to take a break from KSP for awhile.  You've done some great work with Tantares, and I loved waiting to see your progress pics and then weird things you and others do.

But I'll be keeping an eye out for your stuff in the future.  Remember Beale, w̷̯͝e̵̗͑'̶̟̓r̵̯̊e̴̝̽ ̵͖̀ẃ̵̖a̵͖̒t̸̗̀c̸̝͐ḧ̸̬́ĩ̴͙ṉ̷̊g̸̩̉

spLlD5T.jpg

Edited by MashAndBangers

ironic For the standard Kerbol system, these missiles are clearly large and redundant. And when scaling up to 2.5x, only ~ 250-350 m / s is not enough. Energy also uses liquid fuel (this is by kerosene density) instead of liquid hydrogen. I'm sad, the models of these rockets are really beautiful ...

Edited by OOM

1 minute ago, OOM said:

ironic For the standard Kerbol system, these missiles are clearly large and redundant. And when scaling up to 2.5x, only ~ 250-350 m / s is not enough. Energy also uses liquid fuel instead of liquid hydrogen. I'm sad, the models of these rockets are really beautiful ...

Something is way off on your install. I run Tantares in JNSQ, which is 2.7x, and everything flies quite well. I also make use of SMURFF set at 0.27, which helps give me a little margin for safety.

Just now, DJ Reonic said:

Something is way off on your install. I run Tantares in JNSQ, which is 2.7x, and everything flies quite well. I also make use of SMURFF set at 0.27, which helps give me a little margin for safety.

I'm all good. I built the exact Soyz P-7 + spacecraft Soyz weighing about 4.5 tons. As a result, ~ 250 m / s was not enough for me to enter orbit. There is no doubt about my piloting skills.

Well, here a trifle can play a role ...

Edited by OOM

I Love this Mod!!!!(Cause I Love soviet Rocket XD),you are so amazing!!!!Thanks So Much!!

But when I open the craft you made(I don't know how to build),it told me that I miss something(Rcs.3,MOE.2.,Crew,etc.)

I don't know how to do(Sorry for the lack of english.I come from China),Is that I download something wrong?Or I should download something else?

And I'm glad to help you to translate this into chinese(I don't know how to Code but if you give me the text  I can translate it into chinese Correctly)

The problem is with the mod, he updated a lot of stuff so they won’t work with the craft, (they are made for the older of this mod) what craft do you want t build

7 minutes ago, MerKE said:

I Love this Mod!!!!(Cause I Love soviet Rocket XD),you are so amazing!!!!Thanks So Much!!

But when I open the craft you made(I don't know how to build),it told me that I miss something(Rcs.3,MOE.2.,Crew,etc.)

I don't know how to do(Sorry for the lack of english.I come from China),Is that I download something wrong?Or I should download something else?

And I'm glad to help you to translate this into chinese(I don't know how to Code but if you give me the text  I can translate it into chinese Correctly)

7 minutes ago, moguy16 said:

The problem is with the mod, he updated a lot of stuff so they won’t work with the craft, (they are made for the older of this mod) what craft do you want t build

Thanks For the Reply!!XD(I can't get a such a fast reply in chinese forum)

I see, I just want to build a N1,it may be a little diffcult for me,But i should try

Thanks again!!:lol:

If the only parts in the craft file that are missing are the RCS units, another possible way to get it to work is to edit it in something like Notepad to remove the offending PART{} blocks (and any links to them) then add the RCS units back in manually in the VAB.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:46 AM, MerKE said:

What I ended up doing was loading the new version and then going through the files and noting the failures of each craft (RCS, solar panels, hab module, etc)

I then loaded the old version withoit overwriting any files. This added back any of the elements that had been deleted (though a number of textures were messed up). That way I could go through each of the craft files and swap out the old parts for the new in the same places.

When I was done, I wiped out the folder altogether and loaded up the new version clean. Success, for the most part. Missed a few things and had to do the process again a few times.

Of course, I could have just waited for Beale to upload the changed craft files.