[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

14 hours ago, claustro said:

I do wonder how the fuel does reach the nozzles through that engine plate? Mhmmm... needs moar plumbing! J/k.

I'm quite excited about your new N1! :) Wonderful piece of work.

Both the V and B definitely need plumbing into the engine mounts yeah. Thankfully the UV maps already support this, just need to put the actual models in there. :)

43 progressing along okay - needs some obvious missing things, but hopefully gives the picture.

Might add some more details to the NK-33.

We still have to make the NK-39 after this :mad:

BY THE WAY
I wasn't planning an NK-31 for now, instead using the NK-39 for Blok-G, it's not ideal I know.
The engines are visibly a little different IRL, but are pretty similar in dimensions and performance.

yIPKWBB.jpg
NK-39.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 7/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, Beale said:

Both the V and B definitely need plumbing into the engine mounts yeah. Thankfully the UV maps already support this, just need to put the actual models in there. :)

43 progressing along okay - needs some obvious missing things, but hopefully gives the picture.

Might add some more details to the NK-33.

We still have to make the NK-39 after this :mad:

BY THE WAY
I wasn't planning an NK-31 for now, instead using the NK-39 for Blok-G, it's not ideal I know.
The engines are visibly a little different IRL, but are pretty similar in dimensions and performance.

yIPKWBB.jpg
NK-39.jpg

Nk39 with no brim lol

On 7/20/2020 at 6:11 PM, oniontrain said:

I've been checking stuff out in 1.10, and it seems the only things that aren't working are the fairings, which was expected. I haven't tried every single part yet, but everything loads.

I can confirm this as well. I was about to ask if anybody had a solution for the broken fairings, but alas! I've seen no other issues. The fairings issue appears to be mod-wide as yours is not the only mod I'm having fairing-related issues with.

Procedural Fairings is working as a substitute for the most part.

Also, have you checked out Universal Storage II's Tantares parts? They are pretty awesome! Got a core specially built for Vostok with some sexy radiators. i3iHwbk.jpg

Edited by captainradish

Good afternoon, author!
Two days ago I installed a new version of Tantares (master) and found that you changed the colors of the TKS.
Please, for heaven's sake, no !!! The old color was perfect. Wonderful, 146%-Ideal Russian-Military-Green. It is enough to look for 1/2 seconds to say - oh yes, this thing was made for the military. Color of tanks, ballistic missiles, military uniforms.

New color .... This is the color of the walls in the hospital. Or 30 years ago, a painted bus stop in the steppe near Voronezh.

Perhaps this is a small thing, perhaps you had to change the color for some other reason that I am not aware of, but this color change has badly damaged the beauty of the models.

2 hours ago, Cochies said:

Good afternoon, author!
Two days ago I installed a new version of Tantares (master) and found that you changed the colors of the TKS.
Please, for heaven's sake, no !!! The old color was perfect. Wonderful, 146%-Ideal Russian-Military-Green. It is enough to look for 1/2 seconds to say - oh yes, this thing was made for the military. Color of tanks, ballistic missiles, military uniforms.

New color .... This is the color of the walls in the hospital. Or 30 years ago, a painted bus stop in the steppe near Voronezh.

Perhaps this is a small thing, perhaps you had to change the color for some other reason that I am not aware of, but this color change has badly damaged the beauty of the models.

Hiya, this gave me a good chuckle.

I think it was changed recently to closer match ASTP Soyuz style green:

Soyuz-19_Docking_End.jpg

Do you have a sample pallette for the military green? Maybe it's a bit difficult to change it all now, but I can see how it looks.

We got a few other green references like the FGB-tug node-cap and the VA:

TKS_21.jpg
hMyJlXd.jpeg

Edited by Beale

Oh, is there a glossary of part names anywhere? I'm getting a little overwhelmed by all the different names and want to figure out what real-life programs they are from. This is just for reference, btw. It's a little jarring when I start seeing real-life names in my parts lists. I like the way you do things.

19 minutes ago, captainradish said:

Oh, is there a glossary of part names anywhere? I'm getting a little overwhelmed by all the different names and want to figure out what real-life programs they are from. This is just for reference, btw. It's a little jarring when I start seeing real-life names in my parts lists. I like the way you do things.

If you use the search function in the VAB, everything is tagged to its IRL name.

So e.g. type "Salyut" and it will bring you a list of Salyut parts.

1 hour ago, captainradish said:

There's one in the issues tab on my unofficial wiki.  I'll move it to its own page at some point

On 7/24/2020 at 10:56 AM, Beale said:

Союз-19_Docking_End.jpg

TKS_21.jpg
hMyJlXd.jpeg

The old color used was very close to the traditional Soviet military green.
For example, this is a completely typical color.
http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/03/34/11/99_full.jpg
As far as I understand, the color from the third photo was used as an example or very close?

Sometimes the colors differed in shades from the color of a mature leaf, to a dried-up color (As in the second photo - a very traditional color), but always these are green-yellow shades, and not green-blue, as in the first photo.

Unfortunately, I do not know the history of the appearance of this color in Soyuz, but it is completely not typical for the Soviet military.

Edited by Cochies

27 minutes ago, Cochies said:

The old color used was very close to the traditional Soviet military green.
For example, this is a completely typical color.
http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/03/34/11/99_full.jpg
As far as I understand, the color from the third photo was used as an example or very close?

Sometimes the colors differed in shades from the color of a mature leaf, to a dried-up color (As in the second photo - a very traditional color), but always these are green-yellow shades, and not green-blue, as in the first photo.

Unfortunately, I do not know the history of the appearance of this color in Soyuz, but it is completely not typical for the Soviet military.

Thanks for the reference, that does produce a very rich green, I am a fan :)
Unfortunately I lost the exact older colour I used, but i think this is close.

tank green vs. current green.

All in favour?

8Sco5bI.jpeg
Gdus8jA.jpeg

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

If you use the search function in the VAB, everything is tagged to its IRL name.

Just doing what I said an making a kerbalised name reference page - noticed a couple of minor spelling errors in the localisation file.  Lines 679 and 683 tags have rotanetv; should be rotanev.

Edit

Also from line 1067, Nashira tags (NEP) are mispelt Nashria

Shmedit:

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki/wiki/Tantares-Names

Think I got them all.  Sanity check welcome.

Edited by Friznit

2 hours ago, Friznit said:

Just doing what I said an making a kerbalised name reference page - noticed a couple of minor spelling errors in the localisation file.  Lines 679 and 683 tags have rotanetv; should be rotanev.

Edit

Also from line 1067, Nashira tags (NEP) are mispelt Nashria

Shmedit:

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki/wiki/Tantares-Names

Think I got them all.  Sanity check welcome.

Life-saver, many thanks!

Let me make issue items for those so I don't forget (in theory). :)

YARRR, THAR SHE BLOWS

10.625m at the base, for sure the biggest thing I ever made.

6vLNXXi.jpg
screenshot313.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot331.png?width=1084&height=610

Edited by Beale

7 hours ago, Beale said:

I do realize that. Trouble being I don't know the original project names to begin with.

EDIT: didn't see Friznit's post. That's exactly what I'm looking for! Great!

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Life-saver, many thanks!

Let me make issue items for those so I don't forget (in theory). :)

YARRR, THAR SHE BLOWS

6vLNXXi.jpg
screenshot313.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot331.png?width=1084&height=610

I know I've said it in the past but.....

.....did it explode on launch like it's supposed to?? :D

Edited by captainradish

44 minutes ago, captainradish said:

.....did it explode on launch like it's supposed to?? :D

Spoiler

Yes, for real.

54a4008daad4565a9b5db1b94e59c74c.jpg

Re: project names, for sure -Friznit's Wiki is a fantastic resource, best for sure for this info.
For a very basic look, you can also look at the Tantares Parts folder, each folder name is the individual projects you can search for:

jVPVEDD.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

YARRR, THAR SHE BLOWS

That's a start.  When can we expect the launch gantry? :)

(and, to make sure I'm clear: I DO NOT expect Beale, or anyone else, to make a launch gantry.  It's Friday afternoon, my time, and I'm being a smart aleck because I'm ready to be done with work for the week)

And now to grab the Github snapshot and enjoy some rocketry dialed to 11.  Or, at least, 10.625. :)