[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Amazing, I've been hoping for this for ages!

The real booster looks like it has an RCS system here, also. Not sure if that's going to be implemented.

7nSBz3Y.png

It's cool to think about what it would be like for the Soviets to have built soft-landing rockets years before SpaceX

1 hour ago, lrd.Helmet said:

is that a transsonic vapour cloud? 

I think it's just a stock aero effect.

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Github

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV

RD-8, plus a ton of balancing passes, etc.
The Zenit is basically copmplete at this point, so is the Energia.

Remaining is a few more little things, then it can go out the door.

gHjYuVG.jpeg

Ooooooh! Loving the waterfall plumes for all of these.

17 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

Is the NK-33 engine in this mod? The NK-33 was the closed cycle engine developed for the N1.

4kcTYhZ.jpg

Thanks!

Yes! There are actually three of those family (plus RD-170 kinda) in the mod.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:21 AM, Beale said:

33, 43, and 39

CcJCk7E.jpeg

They were updated this summer along with the rest of N1, so they have that awesome new art style.

10 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Yes! There are actually three of those family (plus RD-170 kinda) in the mod.

They were updated this summer along with the rest of N1, so they have that awesome new art style.

Thanks! Which one is the NK-33? Is it the (I assume its RD) RD-33? (Referring to that 33)

4 hours ago, AeroSky said:

Is the NK-33 engine in this mod? The NK-33 was the closed cycle engine developed for the N1.

4kcTYhZ.jpg

Thanks!

You should also know the piccture you posted is the AJ-26, the version flown on Antares for CRS and adapted by Aerojet for a few American vehicles. The original Russian engines have slightly different piping and powerhead structure. (See below)

nk33_silhouetted_1.jpg

TantaresLV 14.0

Phew! What a beast! Would you believe Zenit took almost twice as long as Energia?
Finally we are here just in time for Christmas, so settle down with some cocoa and crash what's left of the late 1980's soviet economy.

As well as Zenit and Energia there is now improvements to existing engines, and partial waterfall support. There is also support for community resources, if you have it, "real" LH2 resource will be used, so you can use any cryogenic engines with the Energia tanks and vice versa.

Have fun, and if any issues, let me know! :)

TantaresLV - Spacedock
TantaresLV - GitHub

1VgCQXd.jpg

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Beale said:

TantaresLV 14.0

Phew! What a beast! Would you believe Zenit took almost twice as long as Energia?
Finally we are here just in time for Christmas, so settle down with some cocoa and crash what's left of the late 1980's soviet economy.

As well as Zenit and Energia there is now improvements to existing engines, and partial waterfall support. There is also support for community resources, if you have it, "real" LH2 resource will be used, so you can use any cryogenic engines with the Energia tanks and vice versa.

Have fun, and if any issues, let me know! :)

TantaresLV - Spacedock
TantaresLV - GitHub

1VgCQXd.jpg

Awesome update! Loving the new Zenit! Now I just need to wait for a proper recolored mod for Tantares...

ymZQFDt.png

16 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

N1 doesn't have a thrust plate to actually put NK-33s into though right?

7 hours ago, Beale said:

Christmas? I think you mean Fall of the Soviet Union Eve.

I am very excited about the new Energia though!

12 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Now...where I can find SOCK compatible Buran

I'd suggest using Cormorant for the Buran. Art-wise, it matches Tantares better while SOCK matches reDIRECT. Plus it gives you some visual distinction between the Buran and the STS. If you use the SPT extension though, the wings need to be upscaled. I made a cfg patch for it, so let me know if you're interested.

13 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

c7b1Zzt.png

Having this issue with the Rotanev Size 4 Engine Mount B part. Not sure what else to put other than using the latest release.

Doh! I made a small error positioning the config for this.

Hopefully not a major issue to people, since you will cover them up. But fixed for next  release.

Thanks for reporting.

Progress Avionics

3PlEOGf.jpg?width=1062&height=610
SIDMNGM.jpg?width=938&height=610
ADsqNhR.jpg?width=665&height=610
2jahPQL.jpeg
31S6TBu.jpg
M8lOnKr.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Hopefully not a major issue to people, since you will cover them up. But fixed for next  release.

Thanks for reporting.

Progress Avionics

2jahPQL.jpeg
31S6TBu.jpg
M8lOnKr.jpg

(Joke)

What Beale thinks we want:

What we really want:

Russia is building a nuclear-powered spaceship. Yes, you heard that right -  Bellona.org

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbellona.org%2Fnews%2Fnuclear-issues%2F2018-11-russia-is-building-a-nuclear-powered-spaceship-yes-you-heard-that-right&psig=AOvVaw0yyu3zxewDli2kITg72nSe&ust=1608495641047000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqGAoTCKCGqK_v2u0CFQAAAAAdAAAAABCwAQ

(Russian anthem)

Edited by Minmus Taster

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Thanks for reporting.

Progress Avionics

2jahPQL.jpeg
31S6TBu.jpg
M8lOnKr.jpg

No problem! After posting I noticed I could just hide it with the engine mount like you said. Progress on the Progress looks great!