[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 3/17/2022 at 7:09 AM, Beale said:

For the neartime, no.
In KSP 2, I plan this yes.

Thanks, parts are produced with the following:

• Wings3D (primary modelling and UV unwrapping).
  • Blender (creating more complicated pipes, and baking ambient occlusion).
  • Photoshop CS6 for textures (Nvidia Plugin to generate normal maps).
  • Unity, Part Tools for export to KSP.

Hi Baele.

Nice stuff made with Wings3D. 

If you are using the latest v2.2.9, maybe you would like to try my Curve Tools plugin to build pipes. By using Linear style and apply Bevel to the control vertices can generate low poly pipes easily.
Maybe the AO created by Blender is better, but you can also extract it in Wings3D.

16 hours ago, Micheus said:

Hi Baele.

Nice stuff made with Wings3D. 

If you are using the latest v2.2.9, maybe you would like to try my Curve Tools plugin to build pipes. By using Linear style and apply Bevel to the control vertices can generate low poly pipes easily.
Maybe the AO created by Blender is better, but you can also extract it in Wings3D.

Cannot say my thanks enough for your continued work on Wings3D! :wub:

This tool looks really great, thank you :)

On 9/16/2022 at 5:37 AM, Fabled_Mike said:

Whats the diameter of the n1 first stage tank?

17meters or 55.8 feet at base.  The whole thing is tapered so, gets a little tricky to answer.  Oh, and that is predetonation.  Since altitude and downrange velocity varied at their failure.... Lets just say they got pretty wide after their RUDs.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:54 PM, RocketBoy1641 said:

17meters or 55.8 feet at base.  The whole thing is tapered so, gets a little tricky to answer.  Oh, and that is predetonation.  Since altitude and downrange velocity varied at their failure.... Lets just say they got pretty wide after their RUDs.

I think they meant in KSP terms, which I think the top is 6.25m and the bottom is 10.625m.

On 6/8/2014 at 11:23 AM, Beale said:

The new version is up! :)

742b2aa81f.jpg

I have totally re-done all the models and textures. Including a few more "stock" texture elements I think they're looking the real deal now.

Balancing might still be off, I think they should both still be capable of their intended use.

As always, feedback is very helpful, especially for balance (which I'm terrible at)!

Thanks for all the support!

c0bf7cc887.jpg

2cd41dcee2.jpg

I think next I'll work on some alternate colour schemes.

please add this texturing back as a optional patch

17.09.2022 в 20:38 Бил сказал:

Не могу сказать мне достаточно спасибо за вашу дальнейшую работу над Wings3D! :wub:

Этот инструмент выглядит действительно великолепно, спасибо :)

Здравствуйте, Бил! Планируете ли вы добавить российские пусковые мачты и пусковые зажимы? В вашем исполнении это будет выглядеть просто блестяще.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Hey, I've seen Tantares used to have Kliper quite some time ago, but the link is dead... :( Would be great if someone could reupload it! :D

Did it? If it did maybe it is in the older versions of Tantares in Github. But if you can't find it and still want Kliper there is one in Contares and another in APUS shuttle

3 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Did it? If it did maybe it is in the older versions of Tantares in Github. But if you can't find it and still want Kliper there is one in Contares and another in APUS shuttle

Yeah, I know about Contares, I'm currently using it. But I'd still like to give the old Tantares one a shot, but I can't find it anywhere and it's not on Github either.

13 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

Yeah, I know about Contares, I'm currently using it. But I'd still like to give the old Tantares one a shot, but I can't find it anywhere and it's not on Github either.

I don't think Tantares had Kliper at all. Maybe you're thinking of Bobcat's Kliper mod? 

2 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

I'm referring to this one:

Ah yes, I believe it had a similar fate to HOTOL, another Beale project that never released. If no one has a copy of the old files then we can only hope that someday they will be finished or released, at least in an unfinished state