[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [15.0][8.7.2022][Tsyklon]

Beale

40 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

Am I out of  my mind, or is the science package for the top of Priroda missing? (The one in the Mir Picture on the first page.)

There's no Tantares supplied Priroda science package, so you can just chuck whatever science you want on it

On 12/3/2022 at 9:35 PM, DJ Reonic said:

Am I out of  my mind, or is the science package for the top of Priroda missing? (The one in the Mir Picture on the first page.)

It's not one part, it's a flat disc part with several science parts attached to it. Look through the science tab and you'll find them.

Hi Kerbonauts!

May I miss a topic about it but here's my question:

Did Soyuz escape fairings will be planned in future?

I guess my question is pretty demanding (i'm sorry...), but IMO it will be add a great feature to this mod.

I put illustrations under on how it works when espace tower is ignited.
Even if the escape tower is jettisoned, is still possible to escape via cutting fairing in half with the help of 4 solid rocket motors (like Soyuz MS-10 flight) 
→ Holy Scott Manley did a video on this + animation :cool:

main-qimg-1cc80af52a16bc6ea395cf66b7dc23 main-qimg-e721b4b3555138ee8b2989d63d8ce1

Thanks for your answer if faisable or not and your reading! :) 

Edited by Space_nico

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit:  is there some reason the part(s) are marked physicalSignificance = NONE in their configs?  When I clear that the part can be rotated.

When I try to attach the Zvezda high gain antenna to a servo so I can rotate it . . . it works in the VAB but not in flight.   I checked some of the other Tantares antennas and they don't rotate either.  I can see the servo body turning but the part is locked in place.  I checked some other stock antennas and they rotate just fine in flight.  

I'm really digging the mod.  Great work!

Edited by Kurld
found explanation, sort of

22 hours ago, Kurld said:

Edit:  is there some reason the part(s) are marked physicalSignificance = NONE in their configs? 

In general, a lot of small parts in KSP are marked physicalSignificance = NONE to reduce CPU load when simulating physics - each part's mass is added to the mass of the parent part, and no physics interactions between it and the parent part are computed; for instance, there will be no springy wobble between the small part and the parent. It is in general a good habit to mark small parts this way as a kindness to most players.

I don't, of course, know exactly why Beale marked any parts this way.

A simple but inelegant solution to this would be to interpose a part that has not been marked physicalSignificance = NONE between a servo and the antennae; the intermediary part will be moved by the servo and the antenna ought to move with it.

19 hours ago, Kriegio said:

Is there any nauka guide?

Don't think so - I never got around to doing one.  I've not looked closely at the real thing but at a glance it seems fairly similar to Zarya so you could start with that as a basis.

44 minutes ago, Friznit said:

Don't think so - I never got around to doing one.  I've not looked closely at the real thing but at a glance it seems fairly similar to Zarya so you could start with that as a basis.

Oh alright, I'll try that out since it was a back up module for Zarya.

• 2 weeks later...