[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hi,

Do I have to have a specific mod downloaded to be able to construct things on EVA using the Kvant-1 Boom? My log gets spammed with NRE's whenever I take the Rana Structural Truss A out of the cargo part it is stored in.:/

Heres the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/KSP_Log 5-7-2023.txt?context=standalone_preview&role=personal

EDIT: I think it didn't work because the kerbal I was using was on a ladder. I used the EVA jetpack and everything worked.

Edited by Ultim32
Added the log(I think I did it correctly :/ )

On 5/14/2023 at 10:09 PM, Kerb24 said:

Why is the Voskhod solid retro rocket a liquid fuel engine? I checked the config file, and it appears that it's supposed to be like this, but I'm unsure why it would be.

It's for fun.

21 hours ago, CompetitiveSpycrab said:

Hi, I can't find the A-USD tanks from the Vostok tutorial on the wiki. Are they a separate mod, or have they been renamed at some point?

It's possible the name has changed.  But the upper stage fuel tank should be the A-USF and the decoupler is the A-USD.   Most bits should show if you use the Vostok and tantares search tags

Edited by Friznit

22 hours ago, Beale said:

silly_1.png?width=1061&height=597

silly_2.png?width=1061&height=597

Cloth simulation is not the solution to our problems.

Cloth simulation is the solution to our problems.

Does this have as many polygons as it looks like it has, or are you doing some sort of 3D modelling thaumaturgy and clever texture work to get it to look this impressive?

19 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Does this have as many polygons as it looks like it has, or are you doing some sort of 3D modelling thaumaturgy and clever texture work to get it to look this impressive?

It is indeed a devious and dastardly illusion of baking normals from high polygon cloth simulation onto the original low poly model.

3 hours ago, Bell said:

I have a bug: in the fuel tank section there are duplicate parts without any kind of texture. It goes from engines to antennas. Everything

Not a bug, but an irritating and impossible-to-avoid side-effect of Beale's desire to make upgrading Tantares as painless as he can, and KSP's Search facility.

Beale has frequently had to change parts in such a way that they would break existing vessels in player's saves. In order to get around this he leaves the old version of the part in the download files, but with the texture removed so that a: they cause as little memory bloat as possible, and b) so it is obvious when a saved vessel needs updating or retiring from active service. Under normal conditions these parts are hidden. However: KSPs Search facility fails to respect this hidden status, so these duplicates become visible.

In the normal course of events the older of the duplicate parts get removed when Beale does a significant update, in the expectation that players will have finally grounded, scrapped or otherwise destroyed ships with out-of-date parts and updated their vessel designs. Maybe the very last, final and ultimate update will do away with the very last duplicates!

There are IVAs for Kvant 2 but none for the Mir Core Module or Kvant 1. I kinda find it strange. (I used a Salyut adapter and a TKS crew module in addition to the airlock and lab for Kvant 2)

Would've included an image if it weren't for the site refusing to use Imgur links. Was I using the wrong one?

Edited by Richmountain112

1 hour ago, Richmountain112 said:

There are IVAs for Kvant 2 but none for the Mir Core Module or Kvant 1. I kinda find it strange. (I used a Salyut adapter and a TKS crew module in addition to the airlock and lab for Kvant 2)

Would've included an image if it weren't for the site refusing to use Imgur links. Was I using the wrong one?

MIR Core has IVA. Do you have the latest Tantares (v25.1)?

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

MIR Core has IVA. Do you have the latest Tantares (v25.1)?

I'm not sure. The ones that don't have IVAs have a black placeholder one instead.

Did I use the wrong parts? And do the other Mir parts also have IVAs or are they just black placeholders?

Edited by Richmountain112

https://i.imgur.com/guo9zw3.png

https://i.imgur.com/r4TClfs.png
FkEVev4.png

On 6/6/2023 at 7:12 PM, Richmountain112 said:

I'm not sure. The ones that don't have IVAs have a black placeholder one instead.

Did I use the wrong parts? And do the other Mir parts also have IVAs or are they just black placeholders?

I must admit I'm not sure anymore which exactly lack IVAs, I thought most would have covered IVAs now, but there's definitely possibility that's not the case. If you can post photos I can check.

Edited by Beale