[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

180 degree turning option? Please?

Hmmm this would be good for certain... I wonder how the 180° can be differentiated from the 90° option in the VAB
Possibly semi-circle mounting point.

What are the use-cases for 180 version, Soyuz skirt?

Further variants - The white passive never existed IRL (Maybe? I have seen a few grainy pictures) - but, why not if we are making a separate texture :D 

Rii1Ml1.png

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

What are the use-cases for 180 version, Soyuz skirt?

And similar cases, whenever you want to throw the antennae on a ship's end to keep it sleek and narrow and not needing a long spacer truss just so that the antenna doesn't clip into the upper stage when folded. I believe it'd be very nice to have.

4 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Luna1/2. I love the high inclination injections now! 

These taxes please me :D 
And such beautiful probes!

Github

Solar panels!
At last we're close to finishing the FGB. I think about everything is covered...
Of course there are some more things to do with the Igla antennas, and maybe a few other small pieces? But, Tantares 16.0 is close.

New solar panels!

qEAtCtR.png

As tradition, new flags!

Bc2ZAR4.pngJsL3tQv.png

New QA

Localisation and variant themes have been cleaned up with these new parts. so that's nice.

Edited by Beale

19 hours ago, Beale said:

At last we're close to finishing the FGB. I think about everything is covered...
Of course there are some more things to do with the Igla antennas, and maybe a few other small pieces? But, Tantares 16.0 is close.

If you don't mind me saying, doesn't the FGB still need engines? The Almaz engines work fine, but, ehh, looks n' that.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

The Almaz engines work fine

Would it be possible, using the stock texture switcher, to differentiate between the white FGB engine shroud and dark grey TKS engine shroud for the Almaz engines, or would they need to be different parts altogether? They're absolutely perfect for TKS/FGB.

On a side-note, what other parts will you be retiring for this update?

2 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Would it be possible, using the stock texture switcher, to differentiate between the white FGB engine shroud and dark grey TKS engine shroud for the Almaz engines, or would they need to be different parts altogether? They're absolutely perfect for TKS/FGB.

On a side-note, what other parts will you be retiring for this update?

I suppose it would be possilbe, but I think now it's best to just have new parts, then we can diverge stats as necessary.

Re: retired parts, it is just everything in the FGB folder + the old flags, nothing more.

@TK-313 here we go! Wow this was really easy.

6NH7mdh.png
Ejofjmb.png

7 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

So I take it the T-Æ10 and 15 antennae won't be retired?

Not yet, they are currently with the Soyuz.

I would want to stress people not worry about not using parts, as nothing will ever truly be-gone :) 
I have decided to remove the visible "rust" from the deprecated parts and just keep them low res. Hopefully the best compromise to everybody.

Hij4IPk.png
VeDizwC.png

11 minutes ago, Beale said:

I have decided to remove the visible "rust" from the deprecated parts and just keep them low res. Hopefully the best compromise to everybody.

Hij4IPk.png
VeDizwC.png

Thanks, it's been hard constantly updating the install while saving the depreciated parts from past builds, I can't stand the rust look, especially because I like mixing and matching the old tanks with OP capacity. 

sPerucr.png

It would be nice to put a deploy-limit on these, so they can in theory be used on any slope surface.

Not possible unfortunately. It would mean the antennas cannot be broken and are always on.

Edited by Beale

9 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Beale Are you planning on making the Soyuz TMA Skirt Antenna? I'm assuming it's from the KURS system, but I'm too lazy to check.

When taking a second look at the Soyuz (Planned to have the thermal blankets version a few pages back) yes for sure I would add this.

Then in the Generic folder in Tantares download you will have:

• Igla Игла (Needle) Antenna
  • Kurs Курс (Course) Antenna
  • etc,

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Erm, I don't think that was ever removed.

Cosmetically it wasn't removed, as in you can still extend and retract the probe, but it's functionality seems to have been altered so it clips through the drogue docking port instead of making "contact".  

1 minute ago, VickFirth said:

Cosmetically it wasn't removed, as in you can still extend and retract the probe, but it's functionality seems to have been altered so it clips through the drogue docking port instead of making "contact".  

Hmm, no, I'm pretty certain the probe port contacts the drogue port.

3 hours ago, jpkerman said:

An amazing feature would be if the docking antennas could actually give an auto-alignment of the docking ports function between two vessels with the antennas. 

It would be very nice indeed! Though I'm not sure if there is any plugin for that.

1 hour ago, VickFirth said:

With all this talk about docking systems, it gets me thinking. Are there plans to re-implement the "soft docking" system that use to be on the probe docking ports? I would love to have that extra touch of realism again. :)

It is there now :)  - If you extend the probe it will not hard dock (And you can rotate / line up as you please).

Although let me know if it's somehow broken... I haven't tried it in a while.

FYI to all It does trip some people up as they may expect the opposite, but retracted probe = hard dock, extended probe = soft dock. :rep:

Edited by Beale

7 minutes ago, Beale said:

It is there now :)  - If you extend the probe it will not hard dock (And you can rotate / line up as you please).

Although let me know if it's somehow broken... I haven't tried it in a while.

I did a fresh download of the latest Tantares and it looks like the probe clips through the drogue port when it's extended. I tried it with both the habitat module and orbital module docking ports to be sure it wasn't just an issue with one port over the other, but it happens with both. 

fLpovJF.jpg

gXvxtoH.jpg

16 minutes ago, VickFirth said:

I did a fresh download of the latest Tantares and it looks like the probe clips through the drogue port when it's extended. I tried it with both the habitat module and orbital module docking ports to be sure it wasn't just an issue with one port over the other, but it happens with both.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

27 minutes ago, VickFirth said:

fLpovJF.jpg

gXvxtoH.jpg

Ah, there is no collision - this unfortunately caused a gamebreaking bug.

But you should still be able to soft dock / hard dock.

16 minutes ago, Beale said:

Ah, there is no collision - this unfortunately caused a gamebreaking bug.

But you should still be able to soft dock / hard dock.

Huh. I know that the CADS ports from BDB have collision meshes on the petals, and it functions flawlessly. Perhaps CobaltWolf did something different to make it work?

16 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Huh. I know that the CADS ports from BDB have collision meshes on the petals, and it functions flawlessly. Perhaps CobaltWolf did something different to make it work?

We would have to ask @CobaltWolf :wink: 

My take on it, collision cause game breaking because you can extend the probe when docked - after you do that, then undock, you are in a situation where two separate colliders are "inside" each other, causing explosive physics.
(You cannot use the "shielded docking port" module for safetey, as this cancels out the magnetic force).

Edited by Beale