[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, Dev_135 said:

See the source imageAlso is there a way that tantares solar panels can do the zarya fold?

I've asked about this. It's almost impossible to do without a special addon or a separate part. Iirc 

2 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

That's probably intentional, they're still there so users can load old craft files and replace the deprecated parts with new ones before the old parts are properly deleted

I know, but Beale said they are really old. And the new progress parts have been out for an update or two iirc.

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Wow! Looks incredible!

Will this be Tantares or a new mod?

Japantares

To be serious, I have a few WIP names but none are for sure what I will use - scope is very fluid, but will include potentially:

• h-ii (possibly other versions, but 100% not guaranteed)
  • fuji (revamp with @Well)
  • htv

You can try Fuji right now, with Well's original mod.

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

F2WLFRd.jpeg
K95Uj7e.jpeg
0DnOhTS.jpeg
l6qO5h2.jpeg
oyf0wv5.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Beale said:
  • htv

:o This is so exciting! I love the look of the H-II & HTV and I cant wait to give them the o'le screenshot treatments! Fuji is such a wonderfuly odd design! Its a shame it never materialized IRL. I'm excited to watch this develop over time!:)

Just now, Beale said:

Japantares

To be serious, I have a few WIP names but none are for sure what I will use - scope is very fluid, but will include potentially:

• htv

You can try Fuji right now, with Well's original mod.

Imagine: Fuji but it's got an HTV as a service module.

11 hours ago, Beale said:

• htv

Small request: the original LE-5 for H-I (as a B9 variant for LE-5A). This is the only part in Delta-derived lineup (N-I, N-II, H-I) that you can't accurately reproduce with BDB.

31 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

タンタレス?

(Translation cuz forum rules: Tantaresu?)

Heh, I recommended this earlier too :P

Funnily enough, English to Japanese, Tantares comes out to Tantaresu.
But go from Japanese back to English its Tantales, according to Google Translate at least. 

I'm throwing Tantales in the list of suggests as well Beale. :D

Also, I'm planning my next project, and it involves Mir-2, the problem is I don't know which version to use.  Hmmmm....

Edited by GoldForest

Are you tired of robotic arms being janky?  Do you wish you can just throw station parts around?  Are you a mad scientist?  Then do I have a product for you!  Presenting the Tantares Grabber!

60hjcbe.pngKhlFLJw.pnghInRrZG.pngYbQ8AwJ.pngKB20PFA.pngWEabDPY.png1MRtCyK.pnggXMMI7v.png

Disclaimer:  Call a doctor if claws stay extended for more than 24 hours.  M&B industries is not responsible for any damage incurred during operation.  Please call the help hotline at 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 if you want useless advice on poodles.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, MashAndBangers said:

Are you tired of robotic arms being janky? 

I am!

Do you wish you can just throw station parts around? 

*sigh* I do.

Are you a mad scientist?

Well duh!

Then do I have a product for you!

Well do you?

Presenting the Tantares Grabber!

*GASP* I want one! Two! I mean two! Gimme two!

*runs off to build his own imitation* Mad scientists steal take inspiration from the other people's ideas, they never buy things!

/jocularity

I like that, a lot. It's neat! But I think I will use pico ports instead of claws.

Edited by softweir

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Are you tired of robotic arms being janky?  Do you wish you can just throw station parts around?  Are you a mad scientist?  Then do I have a product for you!  Presenting the Tantares Grabber!

*snip*

Disclaimer:  Call a doctor if claws stay extended for more than 24 hours.  M&B industries is not responsible for any damage incurred during operation.  Please call the help hotline at 0118 999 881 999 119 7253 if you want useless advice on poodles.

Smh, so complicated. Here's a simpler solution. 

Decouple payload from shuttle.

Dock shuttle to port.

Use shuttle to dock module to other module. 

???

Profit.

Docking. It's so easy, a cave kerbal could do it. 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, Beale said:

mitsubishi

F2WLFRd.jpeg
K95Uj7e.jpeg
0DnOhTS.jpeg
l6qO5h2.jpeg
oyf0wv5.jpeg

I have taken a break from KSP for a while now and funny enough one of the last rockets I made was a kitbash with BDB & Tantares to make a H-II rocket and another Japanese rockets.

Now in the future when I start playing again, there will be a dedicated and high quality Japanese rockets mod. Thanks Beale, really do look towards this mods release.