[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

A specific parachute was made for Voskhod:

p7BnS0s.jpeg

However, in the end this part was identical in dimensions / colour / function to the existing Soyuz parachute. So to prevent redundant parts, the Soyuz chute will just be moved a tech tree node down to live with the Voskhod parts.

the-iconic-picard-facepalm.jpeg?w=349&h=197.28194444444443&auto=format%2Ccompress&cs=srgb&q=70&fit=max&crop=faces

I forgot the soyuz chute is flat and has a node... whoops, my bad, sorry.

4 hours ago, Beale said:

However, in the end this part was identical in dimensions / colour / function to the existing Soyuz parachute. So to prevent redundant parts, the Soyuz chute will just be moved a tech tree node down to live with the Voskhod parts.

understandable! that's exactly what i went for anyway

I read somewhere that if the Soviets had been successful in their moon mission, there would have been a lunakhod that the cosmonaut on the moon could drive.  Probably a partial lawn chair and some joy sticks.  Anyway, here's Bill testing out stuff:

4QWaPuS.png

The Mission pics:

Spoiler

wFeMHVM.png6WsEslc.pngOAtB9IT.pngdPW7rYS.pngZieiDDj.pngnxZIlOP.png4Z3M2UM.pngelBjcO8.pngJPoknun.pngDVP3XeE.pngDs30hky.png4QWaPuS.pngVjuvnJX.pngkpwPaV8.png

12 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

I read somewhere that if the Soviets had been successful in their moon mission, there would have been a lunakhod that the cosmonaut on the moon could drive.  Probably a partial lawn chair and some joy sticks.  Anyway, here's Bill testing out stuff:

4QWaPuS.png

The Mission pics:

Reveal hidden contents

wFeMHVM.png6WsEslc.pngOAtB9IT.pngdPW7rYS.pngZieiDDj.pngnxZIlOP.png4Z3M2UM.pngelBjcO8.pngJPoknun.pngDVP3XeE.pngDs30hky.png4QWaPuS.pngVjuvnJX.pngkpwPaV8.png

Awesome!

Love lunokbuggy

What is this? thinking-emoji-by-twitter.png

ygLDi2I.jpeg
Fy5S5AF.jpeg
uyzGfe9.gif
ivPAcxS.gif
screenshot148.png?width=1072&height=603
screenshot147.png?width=1072&height=603
screenshot149.png?width=1072&height=603

Edited by Beale

Did some more digging (google image search), and looks like the vostok (and I think the voskhod) had a fairing that went from the service module up, and a separate fairing covering the service module down.  So I did some magic with the Progress SAF, and got this:

JfuyZND.pngFggdjPe.png6xSqOqv.pngH7zLpSo.png

Of course since I'm rescaling the Vos's for my porpoises, and I have no idea if you can rescale the SAF fairings with mm patches, I probably won't get to use the Voskhod fairings (if Beale makes them for SAF), but hey, it gets to orbit without special fairings.  The Beale Sphere empire will continue to reign!

10 hours ago, funnelton said:

http://fd50UHY.jpg 

dumb question, is this in the mod? also those solar panels look great!

no dedicated parts for this, but it can be kitbashed,

I found this from @septemberWaves

hpLvS52.png

10 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Did some more digging (google image search), and looks like the vostok (and I think the voskhod) had a fairing that went from the service module up, and a separate fairing covering the service module down.  So I did some magic with the Progress SAF, and got this:

JfuyZND.png

Of course since I'm rescaling the Vos's for my porpoises, and I have no idea if you can rescale the SAF fairings with mm patches, I probably won't get to use the Voskhod fairings (if Beale makes them for SAF), but hey, it gets to orbit without special fairings.  The Beale Sphere empire will continue to reign!

that's a very... festive rocket :).

Hopefully there can be some custom fairings for this, still looking into that.

Dev continues, panels can be b9 switched for the upgraded versions, with appropriate mass and EC generation

BWPENfE.jpeg

I'm not sure whether I still have the save from my 19k mission. I was doing a mission report, but my engines experienced catastrophic failures during the lunar transfer burn thanks to Kerbalism (and poor choice of engine by me), and I never got round to redesigning it.

Thanks to a hard drive glitch, I found myself faced with rebuilding the N1-L3 from scratch. I've found that since I finally got the quasi-matryoshka fairings twigged, it's not such an onerous task anymore. Now to pay the screenshot tax.

Woohoo!
ICTAPXH.png?1

Trans-Munar injection burn.
4iMNwlS.png?1

Settling into Munar orbit.
8GwSZfb.png?1

Descent burn.
tvLyghm.png?1

Feeling a bit tiny all of a sudden.
fREeorT.png?1

Successful touchdown.
WSEjYX7.png?1

Мир

screenshot15.png

There's also a litlle bug I've noticed, not sure if it's a mod conflict or something, but every time the the Kvant 2 airlock is reloaded, all attached parts are rotated 45°

On 7/17/2021 at 3:36 AM, KeaKaka said:

Мир

screenshot15.png

There's also a litlle bug I've noticed, not sure if it's a mod conflict or something, but every time the the Kvant 2 airlock is reloaded, all attached parts are rotated 45°

Great build!

Unfortunately I cannot replicate such a bug, not sure what could cause that.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Jack Wolfe said:

Thanks to a hard drive glitch, I found myself faced with rebuilding the N1-L3 from scratch. I've found that since I finally got the quasi-matryoshka fairings twigged, it's not such an onerous task anymore. Now to pay the screenshot tax.
fREeorT.png?1

Successful touchdown.

always great to see!

On 7/17/2021 at 12:11 AM, MashAndBangers said:

Hmmmm...

YAgo2kx.png

Moonraker1.png?format=1000w

Getting very close to completion now, just a few more things.

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Various cleanups and localisations

There's an issue with the new telescope and a few issues with fgb colliders I 'm already aware of.

iJs49s4.jpeg

By the way, I have started, and I maybe even will finish, a separate side project.

c44qoja.jpg?width=1363&height=603

Edited by Beale