[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Deltac said:

The new old soyuz that Beale added.  It's a new part yet it's based off the old 2 man soyuz, it's also old because Beale only had a 2 man soyuz before, but it's new because it has a different texture.  It's old and new!  I'm going crazy! :D

ohh O.K.! I'll have some spare time today. Any other color or schemes requests?

11 hours ago, Drakenex said:

ohh O.K.! I'll have some spare time today. Any other color or schemes requests?

Even though it isn't canon, all pink.  Pink solar panels, pink SM, CM, pink Kerbals, Pink Kerbin.  Everything is pink!

(Reference video)

Additional:  Green Moon Rocket of DOOOOOM!

WADy1XN.png

Edited by Deltac

4 hours ago, Daylight4449 said:

how would i go about switching the textures for the soyuz? (from the stock grey to the light-blue and white texture set)

So first you need to download the latest Firespitter plugin.  Then you need to download Drakenex's configs

After you DL that, you put the Alt folder into the Soyuz folder for Tantares, and the Soyuz Texture Switch config can go anywhere.  I suggest right in the Gamedata folder so you don't lose it in all the soyuz files in the soyuz folder.

2 hours ago, TK-313 said:

P.S. Can you make half of the upper stage white? Like this (paintjob shown from all four sides):

Oh, it does have that half and half!  And the fairings are all white.  Okay, that shouldn't be a trouble to make, just have to delete some layers in Photoshop!

@Drakenex should we just make a temporary Tantares Texture Switching thread?

41 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Oh, it does have that half and half!  And the fairings are all white.

Just found: it's the paintjob of the first launch. Fot the second launch the first and second stages were half-and-half one quarter dark, three quarters white and the third stage all white, for the third it was 1 and 2 - 1/3 dark, 2/3 white, 3 - all white and the fourth launch the rocket was all white.

Edited by TK-313

4 hours ago, TK-313 said:

@Deltac, whoa. I'm really looking forward to seeing this texture released.

P.S. Can you make half of the upper stage white? Like this (paintjob shown from all four sides):

04-5.gif

This can be done with use of a stock fairing. I'm at the office so cant post a screenshot or diagram, but when assembled to be as close to the "real life" N1 mission profile as possible, the top half actually has a fairing inside of a fairing - using a stock fairing as the "outer" one will create the color effect youre looking for for everything but the third stage. It would match the far-left rocket in your image, but not the third-from-left.

3 minutes ago, Daylight4449 said:

thank you for the info! but im still a little stuck, where is the exact folder im supposed to put the ALT file in? (for the soyuz texture switch)

Gamedata/Tantares/Parts/Soyuz

I believe that's how it goes.

3 hours ago, Deltac said:

@Drakenex should we just make a temporary Tantares Texture Switching thread?

50 minutes ago, Beale said:

FYI I really don't mind it all being posted here (If that's what you are considering).
Green N1 looks great!

The best option is to include them with Tantares as an extras folder, that will make very easy for people to find them  and use them, but if we make a new thread we can give support, take requests and may be involve more people. I'm up if you're up!

We can have craft files also

21 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

The best option is to include them with Tantares as an extras folder, that will make very easy for people to find them  and use them, but if we make a new thread we can give support, take requests and may be involve more people. I'm up if you're up!

Hmm, now I'm not sure what to do xD  Having that extras folder in Tantares and TantaresLV for ours and Beale's alt textures and the Modular Manager configs would be really nice so we don't have to provide a DL link, just say "Latest version on Git!"  At that point, having the extra thread wouldn't be necessary since Beale doesn't mind it all being here :D

So if @Beale wants to give us and himself an alt texture folder for Tant and TantLV, we can then just stay here and help people out, and take in requests.

My plan currently is to fix my N1 Green (I'm currently thinking of just the mostly green with green/white 3rd stage and moving on for now), and then Green Salyut parts with Orange and Orange/white Stripe big section.  Perhaps even milky white for MIR.  And then Green and Dark Grey and Orange for the Soyuz Rocket.  Hoo boy, that's a lot of work!

5 minutes ago, Daylight4449 said:

hmm... still not working, how do i actually switch the textures in-game?

Did you install the latest firespitter?  If so, in the VAB, you right click the part (Only soyuz right now) and it will have more buttons for switching textures.

21 hours ago, Drakenex said:

If a separate thread will work easiest for you I am also totally happy for that either here or there is cool. 
What I am planning release wise, I really want to wait for the official texture-switching support to be released before distributing these with the release versions, sorry, I hope you understand :) 

7 hours ago, Deltac said:

@Beale On Github, the Tantares assets are out of date.  The MIR and FGB folders for example are older than the folders in the tantares parts folder, so I'm working with outdated textures! :P

Salyut recolours are looking AWESOME

I think those textures are almost certainly up-to-date, textures in the part folder have been exported multiple times so they are most likely just referencing that :) 

VVbqifa.png (Still early days for the colour scheme, let me know how you feel).
p4xaa8n.png

More Soyuz tanks, when mesh-switch is available, I will allow switching to 1.5 variants for super-accurate sizes.
This avoids the headache of introducing a new size category, but keeps everyone happy.

Edited by Beale

30 minutes ago, Beale said:

Salyut recolours are looking AWESOME!

*Bows before the audience* Thank you!  Thank you!

30 minutes ago, Beale said:

I think those textures are almost certainly up-to-date, textures in the part folder have been exported multiple times so they are most likely just referencing that

I have a picture here showing the difference in the Texture_Alniyat_General_1 texture in the FGB Folders.  On the left is the one in Tantares currently, and on the right is the one in the Tantares Assets:

w84MBOz.png

As you can see, there are quite a few differences o:

And for the soyuz tanks, looks like I won't have to recolor them!  The Darker Grey with Orange looks the bets and gets us that much closer to looking like the real deal!  Very nice work :D

Edited by Deltac

7 hours ago, Beale said:

If a separate thread will work easiest for you I am also totally happy for that either here or there is cool. 
What I am planning release wise, I really want to wait for the official texture-switching support to be released before distributing these with the release versions, sorry, I hope you understand :)

Off course you're the boss here! So @Deltac??