[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 hours ago, Beale said:

I didn't update my tantares for a while so I download them but somehow nearly all the tantares LV parts are missing except some old parts that are grey out. All the main Tantares Part are fine but LV one didn't work (KSP1.81).

*Fixed I forgot to delete ole Tentares First but have another problem some texture in revamp n-1 top and bottom side of most parts to be exact are missing, is this cause by it is unfinished or bug? al so some symystry are wrong

HiVSLZT.jpg

MGvxEJW.jpg

Edited by derega16

@derega16 Those parts with missing textures are very much WIP. That's going to be the new N-1 once the parts are all finished.

@Beale Have you considered looking into making historical fairings with Simple Adjustable Fairings? @CobaltWolfs team have made some awesome purpose-built and historical fairings to sit along side the stock-style fairings. For example, a properly shaped Soyuz or proton fairing that we could just slap on for "real world" launches, such as Soyuz, Progress, Salyut or Mir. They could be an optional download so you still keep the base mod dependency free with the included stock-style fairings.

Edited by DJ Reonic
Tags

Blok-G over  <moon redacted>

screenshot490.png
screenshot503.png

18 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Beale Have you considered looking into making historical fairings with Simple Adjustable Fairings? Cobalt's team have made some awesome purpose-built and historical fairings to sit along side the stock-style fairings. For example, a properly shaped Soyuz or proton fairing that we could just slap on for "real world" launches, such as Soyuz, Progress, Salyut or Mir. They could be an optional download so you still keep the base mod dependency free with the included stock-style fairings.

SAF is something I would really love to do, it's just fitting the time in which is difficult. I would be deeply please to collaborate with somebody on them as in BDB.

19 hours ago, derega16 said:

I didn't update my tantares for a while so I download them but somehow nearly all the tantares LV parts are missing except some old parts that are grey out. All the main Tantares Part are fine but LV one didn't work (KSP1.81).

*Fixed I forgot to delete ole Tentares First but have another problem some texture in revamp n-1 top and bottom side of most parts to be exact are missing, is this cause by it is unfinished or bug? al so some symystry are wrong

These should all be fixed for next release sure.

Valentina makes the first Mun landing of this save:

0yz0wpM.png

A closer look at the fully operational LK:

EaMiJ2H.png

My take on the LK is derived from dozens of photos and high-fidelity drawings, plus a few liberties here and there.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

@Beale When you finish the N1 remake, I have something to launch it on: the N1 Launch Plate that will be in v2.1 of Modular Launch Pads:

BDnVprt.png

The actual N1 tower will come much later. :D 

Since the N1 was just set upon a hole in the launch pad, I made a giant version of my round launch plates to approximate how it was done.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, Beale said:

zVu11Zf.jpeg

REALLY cannot wait till Squad irons out all the kinks in 1.10 in regards to mods. I just wanna do a JNSQ save with these AWESOME suits. 

Edited by davidy12

23 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Valentina makes the first Mun landing of this save:

A closer look at the fully operational LK:

EaMiJ2H.png

My take on the LK is derived from dozens of photos and high-fidelity drawings, plus a few liberties here and there.

I like what you did with the greebles a lot, it really fleshes it out.

22 hours ago, alberro+ said:

cQ1DbPr.png

Sweet, I love the suit also!

16 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

@Beale When you finish the N1 remake, I have something to launch it on: the N1 Launch Plate that will be in v2.1 of Modular Launch Pads:

BDnVprt.png

The actual N1 tower will come much later. :D 

Since the N1 was just set upon a hole in the launch pad, I made a giant version of my round launch plates to approximate how it was done.

Wowee! I am really excited to see that progress!

15 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Apollo - LK Test Project

oDcSRaa.png

I did not expect this, but what a joy to see, I need to try that.

2 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Playing around with the N1, and i love it, absolute unit. Did a classic N1 Moon mission first, then a launch for a venus fly by.VC1PCS4.png

As ever, stunning!

Really love the flood-lighting.

29 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

do you have plans in the future to add the sputnik sattelites? and if not, is there an stockalike mod adding them?

Unfortunatey, for me there is very little interest -for alternatives I know BDB has a Sputnik 3, Restock also modifies the stayputnik to be more sputnik-like (no base mesh switch) so I recommened that (I recommend it just in general).

For non-stockalike you got your Raidernick stuff also.

Edited by Beale

On 7/26/2020 at 4:51 PM, Beale said:

SNIP
screenshot429.png?width=1084&height=610

Looking awesome @Beale, my only suggestion would be to add some plumbing between the tank and the engines, it looks a bit odd with them sitting on the plate unconnected to the fuel tank.

Edited by _Krieger_

33 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

Looking awesome @Beale, my only suggestion would be to add some plumbing between the tank and the engines, it looks a bit odd with them sitting on the plate unconnected to the fuel tank.

It's definitely high up on the list :) Just wrapping up a few other necessary pieces first.

Speaking of...

Fairings,  we suddenly need a new 3.75m fairing base, and a 2.5m fairing base to replace the icky old N1 model we have.

Going for a wheels withing wheels ever turning, ever watching, be not afraid  design - hopefully this means whatever payload you use, there will always be a nice clean ring stucture to mount to, 0.625m1.25m, etc...

IK7E0Na.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's definitely high up on the list :) Just wrapping up a few other necessary pieces first.

Speaking of...

Fairings,  we suddenly need a new 3.75m fairing base, and a 2.5m fairing base to replace the icky old N1 model we have.

Going for a wheels withing wheels ever turning, ever watching, be not afraid  design - hopefully this means whatever payload you use, there will always be a nice clean ring stucture to mount to, 0.625m1.25m, etc...

IK7E0Na.jpeg

I approve of this design x9001. I really like the idea of adding an extra ring as you go up in size. I think this should be your default fairing base style going forward. 

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Это определенно высоко в списке :)Просто завершая несколько других необходимых частей сначала.

Говоря о...

Обтекатели, нам внезапно понадобится новая база обтекателя 3,75 м и база обтекателя 2,5 м, чтобы заменить устаревшую модель N1, которая у нас есть.

Выбирая колеса, у которых колеса вращаются, когда-либо смотрят, не бойтесь   дизайна - надеюсь, это означает, что независимо от того, какую полезную нагрузку вы используете, всегда будет хорошая чистая кольцевая конструкция для монтажа, 0,625м1,25 м и т. Д.

IK7E0Na.jpeg

if you are sending a fairing, then pay attention to the technical items on it. All possible rectangles and squares. With them, the fairing will look better and the model itself will be more interesting.s1200?webp=false

and of course I would still recommend making first stage stabilizers.

11 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

do you have plans in the future to add the sputnik sattelites? and if not, is there an stockalike mod adding them?

Not stockalike though, I know of these:

Coatl doesn't have a sputnik, but other soviet probes.

Here's some ages old mod:

14 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I approve of this design x9001. I really like the idea of adding an extra ring as you go up in size. I think this should be your default fairing base style going forward. 

Certainly is :)

KUmJzZL.jpg
MjG7NTE.jpg

TantaresLV fairings are now available in White, Green, Red and Orange (Probably will do black also).
1Wn57rR.jpeg
bvsHyce.jpeg

5 hours ago, prinjrius said:

if you are sending a fairing, then pay attention to the technical items on it. All possible rectangles and squares. With them, the fairing will look better and the model itself will be more interesting.s1200?webp=false

and of course I would still recommend making first stage stabilizers.

Unfortunately these details are not possible - with the stock fairings. If I do SAF fairings, this can be possible.

44 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

hmmm....

er, actually this one might have to wait a while. Fairings are still a little bit damaged by the update.

Really getting closer now to completion, N1 tanks get plumbing.
10IDgtH.jpg
UwrTvQa.jpg

1 hour ago, Beale said:

er, actually this one might have to wait a while. Fairings are still a little bit damaged by the update.

Just warn people about 1.10.x :P  I'm sticking with my 1.9.1 install.

actually, there's a question:  If you make the fairings compatible with 1.10.x, would they be backwards compatible with 1.9.1 and so on?  Hmm..  Though I don't know what needs to change for 1.10.x

Edited by MashAndBangers