[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 2/24/2021 at 6:45 PM, billbobjebkirk said:

I hope this means we get Luna 15/16/24, KSP is currently really lacking in good parts for automated sample return.

Thinking about it, at the least paving the groundwork to do them in future.

14 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Tantares v24.0 is there. CKAN calls it "New Tantares". It's had that label for a while. I'm going to assume you've already figured that out, though.

That brings me to guessing that you are using KSP 1.10.1, like I am. CKAN thinks Tantares v24.0 requires KSP 1.11. You can manually pick v24.0 from the "versions" tab near the lower right part of the CKAN window.

(or you can go into Settings / Compatible KSP Versions and check 1.11. That's risky because CKAN might then update all your other mods with versions that really only work with 1.11 and not 1.10)

Hmmm this is maybe not ideal, I will try have the original "Tantares" point to the updated version, rather than "new tanatares",

Not sure why it is like that.

4 hours ago, Kunosheru said:

Many thanks!

qss65Bs.jpeg
AyW799p.jpeg
pNc0u25.jpg

7 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Lunokhod is looking excellent. I've been hoping to see this for a while.

By the way, I think you forgot to include the rescale patch I tracked down the other day in the latest TantaresLV release.

Ah we have not yet released any TantaresLV update (WIP git push only).

Would you be able to PM me the config? I will get this added to the git today. :) Many thanks.

1 hour ago, VaderExMachina said:

@Beale missing updated mir modules .craft files, i have to sit with tantares for ksp 1.9 (i'm using 1.11) or else can't rebuild my stations. PLZ HELP!

43 minutes ago, Friznit said:

All updated craft files here: https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki

They'll be in the next release of Tantares too.

Yes Friznit has very kindly allowed me to use his craft files for the next Tantares release, I can hopefully push this update soon (along with some other small bug fixes).
But of course, you can grab them right now from his wiki.

2 hours ago, Kunosheru said:

Beale,  it looks very, very cool, but .... will you add those antenna and boom stands for it? 
 За лунным камнем

Yep, these parts will be mounted to the little "dog ears" hard points you can see on my model.

unknown.png?width=610&height=610

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

Lunokhod wheels, working pretty well (knock on wood). A few little free drives around the island airstrip and KSC.
Lunokhod core and solar toilet seat is also included.

Special thanks to @benjee10 for saving me what was sure to be a nightmare evening of debugging wheels. :)

Surface attaching these wheels is a little bit precise right now, but the final version will have nodes.

mGzLVD5.jpg

Edited by Beale

15 minutes ago, Beale said:

GitHub

Lunokhod wheels, working pretty well (knock on wood). A few little free drives around the island airstrip and KSC.

Special thanks to @benjee10 for saving me what was sure to be a nightmare evening of debugging wheels. :)

Surface attaching these wheels is a little bit precise right now, but the final version will have nodes.

mGzLVD5.jpg

LOL I wanted to test the rower like half an hour ago, but it wasn't out then and I started my install with Tantares, now I have to wait 30 mins for ksp to load again :(

amazing nevertheless!

Hello, I use this mod very much and observe a problem and wonder were or if there is a place for feed back and bug reporting. I hope to help other people in there encounters with similar bugs and or fixes. Excuse the post if there is not place for it, I never use forum before.

The progress on the Луноход rover is looking very well done, I am excite for the next patch.

19 minutes ago, OKB-279 said:

Hello, I use this mod very much and observe a problem and wonder were or if there is a place for feed back and bug reporting. I hope to help other people in there encounters with similar bugs and or fixes. Excuse the post if there is not place for it, I never use forum before.

The progress on the Луноход rover is looking very well done, I am excite for the next patch.

Hey many thanks!

Always happy to receive bug reports here, or on GitHub (perfect).

34 minutes ago, VaderExMachina said:

@Beale@Friznit mir modules .craft files are still outdated, only core module is fully up to date. look like i'll have to stick with tantares for ksp 1.9

These will be updated by me eventually, but please have some patience. Please also give more details.

I recommend to try build them from images \ diagrams also as @DJ Reonic

Edited by Beale

3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Hey many thanks!

These will be updated by me eventually, but please have some patience. Please also give more details.

got some time and amazing just amazing. This is such a great work of art! I just dont have any words to say this is the best soviet rocket mod ever. Great job! 

16 minutes ago, Beale said:

Hey many thanks!

No problem, I think this is very certain use case when using current versions of Tantares with older versions of KSP, I am wonder if you have planned to support users with backwards compatibility? (because certain feature in KSP 1.11X are not work) Examples are not old or new parts that get removed or add with new versions but current parts with missing texture, I have observed when using current version of all 3 Tantares that docking ports appear as a dark colored but still textured endcap while retaining there functionality (i dont know name but one of the issue is present on the male and female paired tall docking ports with 180 degree lock) it appears that the current docking ports relies on something from post 1.10.1 KSP when they are loaded from crafts or added in VAB, this creates question that can parts be made self reliant by individuals personally to add or remove from there game? 

17 hours ago, Beale said:

GitHub

mGzLVD5.jpg

you can get the rover with the lander and proton launcher over on my kerbalx after i finsh testing.

26 minutes ago, OKB-279 said:

Thank very much, I hope to experiment with them.

The addition of MagPie radically changes textures for the better. 

Spoiler

screenshot5.png

Spoiler

screenshot7.png

However, you need to add the parts yourself (example model = TantaresLV / parts / ENERGIA / Energia_1_Engine_1) to the MagPie config. Also, the main thing is not to forget to turn on the frame update, otherwise the details will not shine, but only
darken.

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

sda

Edited by Perantor