[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Is it possible to add a hand-operated crane?

very interesting recolour!

Re: crane, unfortunately I don't think this is exactly possible easily right now (without the breaking ground DLC).

16 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

@Beale maybe Mir2? A bold choice..... iirc it had little to do with old Mir models, you would be doing a lot of girders and tubular habitats from scratch. 

(tentatively) scoped already :)

YsMiuAS.jpg

9 hours ago, Anachro said:

Ejection seat on Vostok

I think it would be marvelous to reappear this part of soviet style reentry

separate landing for kosmonaut  and capsule.

Some Vostok/Soyuz derivants: Zenit and Yantar spy satellite series
http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/w/wyantar1.jpg

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/r/resexpvw.jpg

Technically you can already do something like this, as long as you upgrade to a Level 2 Astronaut Complex before you begin manned missions. 

1 hour ago, Anachro said:

Among those FIRST steps which we should never forget.

RaWZCwG.png

Is that a Making History KV-1? If so, how did you get it to fit on top of Tantares' Vostok SM? Did you rescale the Tantares parts? Or is it just a tantares vostok with some custom retexture I've never seen or heard of? Or did you rescale the MH pod instead?

Sorry for the number of questions

23 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Is that a Making History KV-1? If so, how did you get it to fit on top of Tantares' Vostok SM? Did you rescale the Tantares parts? Or is it just a tantares vostok with some custom retexture I've never seen or heard of? Or did you rescale the MH pod instead?

Sorry for the number of questions

It's KV-1 Rescaled down to 1.1m and all Tantares parts are rescaled up to 1.5m so that the whole upper stage can fit the recently restored 1.5m R7 launch vehicle.

And I find that 1.5m rescale for tantares soyuz spacecraft is also the way that you can get it closest to real life scale.

https://imgur.com/UgKkQS9

7 hours ago, Anachro said:

It's KV-1 Rescaled down to 1.1m and all Tantares parts are rescaled up to 1.5m so that the whole upper stage can fit the recently restored 1.5m R7 launch vehicle.

And I find that 1.5m rescale for tantares soyuz spacecraft is also the way that you can get it closest to real life scale.

https://imgur.com/UgKkQS9

It is pretty close yeah, the closest "KSP" size was something like 1.625m, equal distance from 1.875m and 1.5m.

Did someone say Rassvet?

No? Oh. Nevermind.

nD8XfWr.jpeg

Did someone say Mir Doc-

gl3I1SH.jpeg

Edited by Beale

I've lost count of the number of iterations of the N1-L3 stack I've built, but after stumbling upon some documents at altertnativehistory.com I've finally got the bloody beast built correctly. Everything has gone smoothly so far, now getting ready for powered descent. I'll be happy as long as the Blok-D is the only thing that crashes.

XRRHXEx.png?1

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Did someone say Rassvet?

No? Oh. Nevermind.

Did someone say Mir Doc-

giphy.gif

Powered descent...

Tevn8OE.png?1

And safely touched down.

PPGxhEn.png?1
zxgPNDZ.png?1

I went back through the build of the LK from scratch to make sure there were no leftovers of previous design experiments. If she lifts off without incident, I'll consider my days of tinkering with the L3 stack over (until the next major update), and the fun of missions rather than trial runs can start.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

15 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Powered descent...

Tevn8OE.png?1

And safely touched down.

I went back through the build of the LK from scratch to make sure there were no leftovers of previous design experiments. If she lifts off without incident, I'll consider my days of tinkering with the L3 stack over (until the next major update), and the fun of missions rather than trial runs can start.

very nice, I am not usually a fan of the TU shiny treatment, but you used it in the right places.

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Hey @Beale how does the luna capsule work?

Their does not seem to be a chute or any kind of button.

At the end a few tests with parachutes, there were unforseen consequences.

uS6MFmk.jpeg

but actually it's not necessary in the end, the capsule is tough enough to survive, and you don't need a parachute. It has a custom drag cube to slow down better.

7 minutes ago, Beale said:

very nice, I am not usually a fan of the TU shiny treatment, but you used it in the right places.

At the end a few tests with parachutes, there were unforseen consequences.

uS6MFmk.jpeg

but actually it's not necessary in the end, the capsule is tough enough to survive, and you don't need a parachute. It has a custom drag cube to slow down better.

Did we guess correctly about Rassvet?

21 minutes ago, Hatattack said:

Did we guess correctly about Rassvet?

Oh whoops, yes! you did. Good job!
Perhaps I can work in your name into the part description :D

W0szmGQ.jpeg

These are getting reworked.

al9XPjs.jpeg

screenshot554.png?width=1084&height=610

The science airlock is scoped out, but proves harder than expected due to not being used yet IRL (needs Nauka?)

Edited by Beale

7 hours ago, Beccab said:

Hello, first of all great mod! It seems that in career mode the Libra grid fins and hydra recovery bays are available from the start. Is this intended?

Definitely a mistake, thank you, logged as bug.

3 hours ago, Cmdr_Han said:

ih8Ti7Z.png

Thanks Beale!!!!! It was perfect timing because it was just the point of installing the Docking Adapte. :) Lovely Work!!!!

Fantastic Mir! Always love to see it.

Happy these new parts are useful.

Poglyus
Not yet (obviously) done, but here is the top crew segment.

a9IYARP.jpeg
DgdkTpL.jpeg
SYgPttQ.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Definitely a mistake, thank you, logged as bug.

Fantastic Mir! Always love to see it.

Happy these new parts are useful.

Poglyus
Not yet (obviously) done, but here is the top crew segment.

a9IYARP.jpeg
DgdkTpL.jpeg
SYgPttQ.jpeg

Poglyus is looking great! Also I really liked what you wrote for the description, thanks a lot!