[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

6 hours ago, Beale said:

What error message you get?

Most have the **Contains Locked or Invalid Parts** tag. But just trying to load some various craft in for example: Mir Kristall is missing Eridani.DockingMechanism.2, Progress is missing Eridani.Antenna.2, Soyuz TM is missing kOSProcessor; ModuleKISInventory; and KOSNametag, and N1-L3 is missing LLV.O.Decoupler.1. Just to name a few examples. I'm not going to bother going through every single one but at least 80% of stock craft in my instal have the Locked/Invalid Parts tag.

37 minutes ago, Sawtooth_ said:

Most have the **Contains Locked or Invalid Parts** tag. But just trying to load some various craft in for example: Mir Kristall is missing Eridani.DockingMechanism.2, Progress is missing Eridani.Antenna.2, Soyuz TM is missing kOSProcessor; ModuleKISInventory; and KOSNametag, and N1-L3 is missing LLV.O.Decoupler.1. Just to name a few examples. I'm not going to bother going through every single one but at least 80% of stock craft in my instal have the Locked/Invalid Parts tag.

This happens as module manager adds instructions for KSP to include some mod feature you've downloaded and installed. A good example of this is MechJeb2. If you install MechJeb2 and use the MechJeb for all fork, every craft file that has a command module will now point to MechJeb as a part of the parts list. If you decide to remove MechJeb, then all your craft will appear in your VAB or SPH as missing MechJeb2. There are a lot of mods out there, such as Snacks!, Kopernicus, and others which alter the way even stock parts work in the game.

Your craft files may still be loadable and you can still edit your craft. And if you can figure out where the part is that's throwing the error, you can remove it and replace it with the same part (or similar part) that's now unaffected by the mod you've removed. Save the corrected/repaired craft, and in the VAB or SPH, the warning will no longer appear on the craft's loading icon.

This error is common and has been around since 0.90. Before that, if you removed a mod that altered a part, such as MechJeb2 or Kopernicus, it would not let you edit the craft file and would toss you out of KSP. But since 0.90, they've tamed that Kraken!

8 hours ago, Sawtooth_ said:

Hmm, that's a little weird, where did those craft files come from? Those parts are *really* old. They have all been replaced some time ago.

Craft files should be included with the download or from Friznit's wiki.

11 hours ago, Sawtooth_ said:

Soyuz TM is missing kOSProcessor; ModuleKISInventory; and KOSNametag,

Those are from different mods entirely (kOS and KIS) so whoever made that had those mods installed when they made the craft. I don’t have those mods or warnings so we must have downloaded from different places; where did you get them from?

Hey there!

I'm wondering whether Proton and the Salyut 1 spacecraft are still in Tantares' latest version. I looked up the build guide for Proton and Salyut 1 on the wiki, but I can't seem to find the parts in my VAB parts list. If they are in the mod, what's the general name used for Proton and Salyut 1 parts?  Thanks a lot!

2 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

Hey there!

I'm wondering whether Proton and the Salyut 1 spacecraft are still in Tantares' latest version. I looked up the build guide for Proton and Salyut 1 on the wiki, but I can't seem to find the parts in my VAB parts list. If they are in the mod, what's the general name used for Proton and Salyut 1 parts?  Thanks a lot!

proton is ingame

salyut 1 parts are now under a new name, together with the almaz parts

if you search up their shared name they should pop up

15 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

This happens as module manager adds instructions for KSP to include some mod feature you've downloaded and installed. A good example of this is MechJeb2. If you install MechJeb2 and use the MechJeb for all fork, every craft file that has a command module will now point to MechJeb as a part of the parts list. If you decide to remove MechJeb, then all your craft will appear in your VAB or SPH as missing MechJeb2. There are a lot of mods out there, such as Snacks!, Kopernicus, and others which alter the way even stock parts work in the game.

Your craft files may still be loadable and you can still edit your craft. And if you can figure out where the part is that's throwing the error, you can remove it and replace it with the same part (or similar part) that's now unaffected by the mod you've removed. Save the corrected/repaired craft, and in the VAB or SPH, the warning will no longer appear on the craft's loading icon.

This error is common and has been around since 0.90. Before that, if you removed a mod that altered a part, such as MechJeb2 or Kopernicus, it would not let you edit the craft file and would toss you out of KSP. But since 0.90, they've tamed that Kraken!

Yep, I've also had this happen when I gave an engine a boattail with Restock. When I removed the mod it gave me the warning and all that happened was that the engine was floating downwards a bit and that particular engine was stuck with the offset node but I could just trash it and replace it easily.

Edited by adsuri

15 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

proton is ingame

salyut 1 parts are now under a new name, together with the almaz parts

if you search up their shared name they should pop up

Awesome! What would their new names happen to be? Tantares is a massive mod, and my VAB lags a fair bit since I'm using older hardware, so its a hassle to search.

5 hours ago, AeroSky said:

Awesome! What would their new names happen to be? Tantares is a massive mod, and my VAB lags a fair bit since I'm using older hardware, so its a hassle to search.

Usually easiest to use irl names in search, "proton" etc should get you what you need.

9 hours ago, AeroSky said:

I forgot sadly

I just checked the craft files and names used on the unofficial wiki with the current release (not the in dev version on github) and they're all valid barring a few niggles - a couple have a tweakscale module which is harmless and can be ignored and one or two still have some residual monoprop in the tanks where I neglected to remove and replace parts after the switch from MP to LFO, but the part names on the wiki are still correct as far as I can tell.

There are a dozen or so craft files that I'll need to rebuild and redocument when the next release comes out, and I'll scrub everything then.

1 hour ago, curtquarquesso said:

Some new Nauka goodness courtesy of Roscosmos:
2989698250.jpg
https://www.roscosmos.ru/31070/

Really cool! It's exciting to finally see this come together this year.

Great reference material also!

Special hatch.

YWc7Ada.jpeg
BH5SN48.jpeg
7I8LSHq.png?width=814&height=610

(I have since flipped the opening so it opens away from the ladders).

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Is tac-ls supported?

4 hours ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

I’d also like to add USI-LS to this list too, I know it isn’t really supported now but it would be cool if it was in the future

There have been some configs people posted, but I don't think any got completion enough to make a pull request and be integrated in the mod, so I don't know if any are up-to-date.

If you are able to provide a config, make a pull request and I will integrate it fully in the mod. It's ideal though if somebody is able to maintain it a little more long term, because these configs fall out of date really fast I think from the past.

more hatches in batches

1D8OewX.jpeg
KDUJP4u.jpg

By the way, this update will kill all the neutral grey parts for good, considering the dark ages where every part was that colour, it's a nice step.

Parts that still have a grey colour scheme (e.g. Soyuz) will get the Dark Grey, already in use on for example VA capsule.

anvXzDp.jpeg

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

There have been some configs people posted, but I don't think any got completion enough to make a pull request and be integrated in the mod, so I don't know if any are up-to-date.

If you are able to provide a config, make a pull request and I will integrate it fully in the mod. It's ideal though if somebody is able to maintain it a little more long term, because these configs fall out of date really fast I think from the past.

more hatches in batches

1D8OewX.jpeg
KDUJP4u.jpg

By the way, this update will kill all the neutral grey parts for good, considering the dark ages where every part was that colour, it's a nice step.

Parts that still have a grey colour scheme (e.g. Soyuz) will get the Dark Grey, already in use on for example VA capsule.

anvXzDp.jpeg

I have TAC LS for Soyuz TM, Zarya & Zvezda. Along with RO/RF configs for them. All part of the RO configs I have been working on for your ISS russian segments as well as RO/TAC LS for HT2 ISS modules.

OrlXYjg.jpg

mouJQrX.jpg

I seem to have an issue with docking ports disappearing. The androgynous Octans docking ports & escape tower have vanished in VAB, the gendered ports are still available but pull a Houdini once the rocket is moved to the pad. I'm running  KSP version 1.11.2 patched from 1.11.1 and the latest version of all three Tantares mods.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.

hey @Beale, how can the drag be increased on the Soyuz parachute? It doesn't slow the descent of the capsule down and end up hitting the ground at about 130m/s lol. Bear in mind I have also increased the mass of the descent module too... Thanks

On 5/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, KeaKaka said:

Any chance in the Mir revamp we'll see the Lyappa Arm?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyappa_arm

I would love to, but I don't really know if it's feasible, even with robotics it's a very fine motor operation.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:44 PM, si2504 said:

I have TAC LS for Soyuz TM, Zarya & Zvezda. Along with RO/RF configs for them. All part of the RO configs I have been working on for your ISS russian segments as well as RO/TAC LS for HT2 ISS modules.

OrlXYjg.jpg

mouJQrX.jpg

Wow, incredible!

And this is all configured for RO? Very nice .

On 5/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, teamgrizzly said:

I seem to have an issue with docking ports disappearing. The androgynous Octans docking ports & escape tower have vanished in VAB, the gendered ports are still available but pull a Houdini once the rocket is moved to the pad. I'm running  KSP version 1.11.2 patched from 1.11.1 and the latest version of all three Tantares mods.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.

unfortunately this is a new one to me. Do you have a modlist?

Not seen this reported in the past.

18 minutes ago, si2504 said:

hey @Beale, how can the drag be increased on the Soyuz parachute? It doesn't slow the descent of the capsule down and end up hitting the ground at about 130m/s lol. Bear in mind I have also increased the mass of the descent module too... Thanks

Try deleting partdatabase.cfg in your KSP root. Sometimes aerodynamics is corrupted, this will force the game to recalculate.

0ZNowrb.jpeg

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Updates and stuff.

screenshot937.png
screenshot929.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot927.png?width=1084&height=610

node caps

XfjjBkP.jpeg

Deinonychus antirrhopus

Ck9AMNt.gif3BRtZ72.gifpmWAOC1.gif