[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

54 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Far out, man! A booster for hippies! :cool:

10-4 Good buddy.

Delays on Proton are being cause by the huge size of the first stage, to keep things practical, I've decided to put all objects on a 2048 x 2048 texture.
And this means, great... plenty of size - but, everything I have made so far needs to have UV maps adjusted.

p9eer9O.png

First I love these parts and kudos for the work.

That being said I must admit I have a terrible time assembling them properly as I am not really up on solviet spacecraft.

Would someone be willing to assemble all the variants of solviet craft that can be built with these parts in the proper way and then maybe do an exploded view using kronal ship viewer?  Kind of an assembly guide for the Tantares and TantaresLV for dummies?

all the crew bits, control block bits, orbital bits, comm bits, docking bits, etc... Unless you already know how they are supposed to go together you just end up building trashy frankenstein monstrosities.

Edited by ctbram

3 hours ago, ctbram said:

First I love these parts and kudos for the work.

That being said I must admit I have a terrible time assembling them properly as I am not really up on solviet spacecraft.

Would someone be willing to assemble all the variants of solviet craft that can be built with these parts in the proper way and then maybe do an exploded view using kronal ship viewer?  Kind of an assembly guide for the Tantares and TantaresLV for dummies?

all the crew bits, control block bits, orbital bits, comm bits, docking bits, etc... Unless you already know how they are supposed to go together you just end up building trashy frankenstein monstrosities.

Do the first page images help?

I can try to put some craft files together.

3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Any chance that we'll get to manually put the engines on the N-1 upper stages ourselves? it would be nice to put bigger engines on the N-11 and N-111, or better yet, use the upper stage engines in other craft.

Unfortunately tricky, they are odd sizes and the engine blocks have the fairing.

ERVWATG.png
2P1s3t1.jpg

14 hours ago, Beale said:

10-4 Good buddy.

Delays on Proton are being cause by the huge size of the first stage, to keep things practical, I've decided to put all objects on a 2048 x 2048 texture.
And this means, great... plenty of size - but, everything I have made so far needs to have UV maps adjusted.

p9eer9O.png

That seems .. efficient .. but an enormous amount of update-work on your part.
Thanks for all you do - these parts really are amazing.

19 minutes ago, Beale said:

Unfortunately tricky, they are odd sizes and the engine blocks have the fairing.

What about standalone engines?, for example a single nk33 (we have block G engine but it has a 1.875 base), the Proton engines or even the RD105 (which is basically a single chamber rd107)

Edited by NeoFatalis

9 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

That seems .. efficient .. but an enormous amount of update-work on your part.
Thanks for all you do - these parts really are amazing.

Thanks!

gYz14EQ.jpg
6TeSii9.png
e6nnF3N.png

Just now, NeoFatalis said:

What about standalone engines?, for example a single nk33 (we have block G engine but it has a 1.875 base), the Proton engines or even a RD105 (which is basically a single chamber rd107)

Yeah, I was looking to do that at some stage, just need to finish other parts first.

5 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

What about standalone engines?, for example a single nk33 (we have block G engine but it has a 1.875 base), the Proton engines or even the RD105 (which is basically a single chamber rd107)

@NeoFatalis 

8 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Any chance that we'll get to manually put the engines on the N-1 upper stages ourselves? it would be nice to put bigger engines on the N-11 and N-111, or better yet, use the upper stage engines in other craft.

@Rory Yammamoto

In the meantime, I would suggest downloading the OLDD N-I parts pack for this purpose. The parts are nearly in line with Beale's, and in the years I've used them these 20 or so parts were more than capable to simulate everything from a 200kg to 400ton LV, completely fulfilling my needs for Soviet-style launchers.

2 minutes ago, dimovski said:

In the meantime, I would suggest downloading the OLDD N-I parts pack for this purpose. The parts are nearly in line with Beale's, and in the years I've used them these 20 or so parts were more than capable to simulate everything from a 200kg to 400ton LV, completely fulfilling my needs for Soviet-style launchers.

It wasn't updated for almost three years

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

I'm really in doubt that they will work properly but I guess I can try 

I tried them a couple of days ago in an attempt to make a more colourful N-1. They work just fine! I just didn't use them because I already have too many mods and my game kept crashing every time I tried to launch, and took 8 minutes to load. (Still takes five, but meh)

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

20 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I tried them a couple of days ago in an attempt to make a more colourful N-1.

But... But... It's white, entirely white. :P

Big-boy Progress does a hecking good job.

VIy67Bl.png
giphy.gif
jhpWLLg.jpg

14 hours ago, Beale said:

Do the first page images help?

I can try to put some craft files together.

ERVWATG.png
2P1s3t1.jpg

Thanks for the reply. They do help quite a bit.  Maybe an exploded view or what would always help with these kinds of mods are some craft files as you mentioned.  With those one can see how the parts where intended to be assembled.  I have some solviet ship mods that had so many parts and then no information on how to assemble them and then I'd had parts I could never figure how how to properly use so they just ate up memory and I would just uninstall the entire mod.  It's a shame for all the work to go into the modeling and building the .cfg files and then not being able to figure out how to use em.  Thx

Foreinstance, I am trying to build the soyuz and I cannot figure out the correct tank sections and engine modules and where the sections decoupler from that image on page 1. Also other bits that are giving me problems.  Just above the TB-M52 and below the TC-3V0 there is a module I cannot find.  Filtering on manufacturer I do not even see the TB-M52 module it just exists in fuel tanks. and I cannot find a single part to construct the strap on booster.  So I simply cannot build that soyuz on page one. (

My guess is the section I mentioned above the TB-M52 is a fairing over an engine and there is a decoupler at that joint.  But I don't know what engine is under the fairing.

Edited by ctbram

13 hours ago, Beale said:

Thanks.

Grab it on Github.

*snip*

j1paASx.png

Thanks! I do have to note, though, that the "Alnair" inscription on the side of the rocket looked much more... personal, maybe, than the ALV 01. Will we have that option?

P.S. If it still matters, in Russian it spells "Альнаир". Yeah, with that "soft sign" letter that doesn't have a sound of its own :)

Edited by TK-313

8 hours ago, ctbram said:

Thanks for the reply. They do help quite a bit.  Maybe an exploded view or what would always help with these kinds of mods are some craft files as you mentioned.  With those one can see how the parts where intended to be assembled.  I have some solviet ship mods that had so many parts and then no information on how to assemble them and then I'd had parts I could never figure how how to properly use so they just ate up memory and I would just uninstall the entire mod.  It's a shame for all the work to go into the modeling and building the .cfg files and then not being able to figure out how to use em.  Thx

Foreinstance, I am trying to build the soyuz and I cannot figure out the correct tank sections and engine modules and where the sections decoupler from that image on page 1. Also other bits that are giving me problems.  Just above the TB-M52 and below the TC-3V0 there is a module I cannot find.  Filtering on manufacturer I do not even see the TB-M52 module it just exists in fuel tanks. and I cannot find a single part to construct the strap on booster.  So I simply cannot build that soyuz on page one. (

My guess is the section I mentioned above the TB-M52 is a fairing over an engine and there is a decoupler at that joint.  But I don't know what engine is under the fairing.

No problem, here is an example craft-file.

QjqCdL3.png
0LbK8B7.png

3 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Thanks! I do have to note, though, that the "Alnair" inscription on the side of the rocket looked much more... personal, maybe, than the ALV 01. Will we have that option?

P.S. If it still matters, in Russian it spells "Альнаир". Yeah, with that "soft sign" letter that doesn't have a sound of its own :)

Haha! I removed the Alnair inscription as I was unsure of the Cyrillic spelling, if Альнаир is correct, I will use that for sure.