Beale

[1.3] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [7.0][15/07/2017][Pirs / Poisk]

Beale    6606

sm1T8y1.png
iYXJqSN.png
bUhDeSX.png

Full Image Gallery

This is a stockalike parts mod that allows you to create Soviet rockets and spacecraft.
The parts are made with the "Lego" frame of mind. They all go together to make a certain craft, but are flexible enough to be used in any other design.

x0egQCR.png9aW9OfY.png
XiLeKzz.png1pVcgOL.png
vcOp1Y8.png
Thanks to @DiscoSlelge for the wonderful vectors.
Old Tantares
Old TantaresLV

FAQ

Q. Where are the IVAs?
A. A great deal of time and effort required that I sadly do not have. Manned capsules will aim to have IVAs, but larger station parts will have to make-do with placeholders.

Q. Why does the Soyuz seat only two?
A. It was the case for a long time, but it now seats three!

Q. Why are the rockets overpowered?
A. They are balanced against stock parts, as to not be intentionally useless. See here for a better experience courtesy of @pap1723.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by Beale

sirkut    455

With RasterPropMonitor these would be _awesome_

15nelsoc    7

All of it looks awesome; textures and models are both high quality. That command module on the Fuji/Polaris does strike me as a little small though. I can't really imagine 3 kerbals fitting in there just based on its limited volume. I don't want to come across as rude or demanding; I just wanted to give you some feedback.

Beale    6606
All of it looks awesome; textures and models are both high quality. That command module on the Fuji/Polaris does strike me as a little small though. I can't really imagine 3 kerbals fitting in there just based on its limited volume. I don't want to come across as rude or demanding; I just wanted to give you some feedback.

By no means! I like any feedback.

It is based off this concept:

220px-Fuji_spacecraft_standard_system.jpg

The real one seems very flat and small and seated a crew of three, but that would be four metres rather than the Kerbal one's two. I think you are right and I am probably having it only a two-Kerman capsule.

With RasterPropMonitor these would be _awesome

I'd be interested in doing an optional version of IVAs with it, but I don't really know where to begin with it :( .

Edited by Beale

Beale    6606
uhh i seem to have a problem with the mun base...

problem

Hi!

It looks like environmental scatter is random between games? (Or maybe you don't have it turned on?) That means the housing that was on the rock is now floating in your game.

I would just scrap the current buildings and place your own (CTRL+K - FYI) :) . For setting the launchpad to work correctly, refer to the KerbTown dev thread.

Xenon2462    15

i had plans to do fuji orbiter with other moders but i can't mod so i'm glad its a mod now you answered my calls ;-)

biohazard15    339

Cool, a payload for NovaPunch K1!

Also, better make subassemblies instead of crafts.

NathanKell    5746

This is awesome stuff! Thanks!

And, as awesome as RPM is, I like that there's a screen-free IVA, since I plan to use this stuff for RftS.

Quick question: what's the license on these parts?

ddavis425    50

Nice but how do you have something sitting on that rock in the random screens section?

Woopert    438

Love it! I remember seeing this in the Add-On development section only about a week ago. It's very well done and looks quite polished. :)

Beale    6606
Hey Beale, are you planning to cooporate with orionkermin?

Because his homegrown rockets also some kickass soyuz parts, only diference is that your parts looks more "Soviet like".

He can be found here:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60974-23-Feb-12-HGR-New-spherical-pod-available

Those are some beautiful parts, (makes me want to re-do mine from scratch :D) I hadn't seen them before. But, sadly, I really doubt I would have the free time to work on any kind of cooperation :( . It looks like the "Soy-Juice" in that pack is a new size category? Hopefully that keeps things different enough between these mods.

This is awesome stuff! Thanks!

And, as awesome as RPM is, I like that there's a screen-free IVA, since I plan to use this stuff for RftS.

Quick question: what's the license on these parts?

Added the same one as near future propulsion, hope it's okay is I don't really understand how they work.

Nice but how do you have something sitting on that rock in the random screens section?

Kerbtown!

Also, better make subassemblies instead of crafts.

Maybe soon. Personally I play with the crafts like this and the launchers are the sub-assemblies. The root part on the Libra at least is the docking port, so that should be use-able.

Edited by Beale

NathanKell    5746

Beale: basically, whatever license you select is ok. The main point is, a license lets you control what happens to your work.

If you don't want anyone doing anything, or want full control, you can use "all rights reserved."

If you don't mind people using your work as a basis, as long as they give credit and release their own derivatives under an equally-open license, you can do the common CC-BY-SA license. BY means any rereleases and derivative work must credit you; SA means share-alike: any of those must retain the same "give credit to original author, allow derivative works" stipulations.

If you further don't want people to make money from your work, you can add "non-commerical" (the CC-BY-NC-SA license).

Beale    6606
Beale: basically, whatever license you select is ok. The main point is, a license lets you control what happens to your work.

If you don't want anyone doing anything, or want full control, you can use "all rights reserved."

If you don't mind people using your work as a basis, as long as they give credit and release their own derivatives under an equally-open license, you can do the common CC-BY-SA license. BY means any rereleases and derivative work must credit you; SA means share-alike: any of those must retain the same "give credit to original author, allow derivative works" stipulations.

If you further don't want people to make money from your work, you can add "non-commerical" (the CC-BY-NC-SA license).

Hey, a great thanks for this, very helpful. From reading this I think I'll stick with the current licence :) .

why is there no monoprop in the service stage

I'd prefer it, but there is a current bug with the game for parts with more than two resources. There are some fixes, but I don't want to add dependencies for using this mod.

Edited by Beale

biohazard15    339
I'd prefer it, ma c'e a current bug with the game for parts with more than two resources. There are some fixes, but I don't want to add dependencies for using this mod.

If you mean "exploding" icons in SPH\VAB, look at fix from NovaPunch (2.5m lander tank and service modules). Basically, you need to add a dummy RCS thruster.

NathanKell    5746

The issue is that any part with

>2 RESOURCEs

0 MODULEs

will have that bug. The solution is to add a dummy module (I prefer ModuleSAS), or use ModuleFixer (which adds a real dummy [does NOTHING] module).

Beale    6606
The issue is that any part with

>2 RESOURCEs

0 MODULEs

will have that bug. The solution is to add a dummy module (I prefer ModuleSAS), or use ModuleFixer (which adds a real dummy [does NOTHING] module).

I see!

This has fixed it, thanks!

thunderstar    5

great parts, it really makes some nice station parts, the only problem i have is that i feel the torque too strong on the ship, i have to disable it so it doesn't spin around. aside from that its a wonderful mod

Ohhh, love this mod. Is the antenna based off of the Igla system? And does it serve a purpose? Also, the Polaris should seat 6 like the Fuji would have.

Edited by Pockrtplanesairways

Beale    6606

The new version is up! :)

742b2aa81f.jpg

I have totally re-done all the models and textures. Including a few more "stock" texture elements I think they're looking the real deal now.

Balancing might still be off, I think they should both still be capable of their intended use.

As always, feedback is very helpful, especially for balance (which I'm terrible at)!

Thanks for all the support!

c0bf7cc887.jpg

2cd41dcee2.jpg

I think next I'll work on some alternate colour schemes.

Edited by Beale