[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

The small monoprop orbital engines.... how are they supposed to go in the TKS? I know the TKS didnt have your standard big engines in the stern, they were placed along the hull somewhat like where you would normally place the rcs. But the parts here in the mod intended for that purpose (as I understood it) only propell in one direction! Shouldnt it be more like an engine block, with the thrusters pointing in several directions? Or am I missing something?

On 2017-5-17 at 5:59 PM, Abrecan said:

Wildfire in Nevada! Andromeda Strain is a great book and OK movie

Its a great book even translated into portuguese (my native language), an OK 1970 movie and an absolutelly, apalling, discusting recent remake - something to really stay clear of!

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

The small monoprop orbital engines.... how are they supposed to go in the TKS? I know the TKS didnt have your standard big engines in the stern, they were placed along the hull somewhat like where you would normally place the rcs. But the parts here in the mod intended for that purpose (as I understood it) only propell in one direction! Shouldnt it be more like an engine block, with the thrusters pointing in several directions? Or am I missing something?

If you mean the ship's main engines

HdsAcyJ.jpg

which look like this in the mod

On 02.04.2017 at 11:46 PM, Beale said:

Rockety

5l9YPwB.png
mdDRUCh.png

then no, they aren't supposed to be multidirectional (how do you imagine this, I really wonder...). I mean, the model picture (which is among the first things to come up when you google TKS) shows quite clearly which way the nozzles are, or so I thought...

As for the smaller, silver-colored bunch of thrusters on the model - they are RCS thrusters, and, IIRC, @Beale wanted to make those TKS-specific pieces at one point at least.

Edited by TK-313

On 2017-5-18 at 0:50 PM, SBKerman said:

I built myself a little space station. :)

sv41oh.png

Honestly it is beautiful! Do you think it's okay for me to use this in the image album?

19 hours ago, kopapaka said:

screenshot77.jpg?ver=0

So cute! :) 

18 hours ago, Mechtech said:

me, putting new parts (especially antennas, can never have too man options for those!) to use:

MvGGX9h.pngusHa7uB.png0YkRxih.png68eQ6iI.pngMMWTfRW.png

Nice station!

I would really like to know how you palced those solar panels...

10 hours ago, Abrecan said:

Progress M2 is ready to roll out and service MIR-2 on the Zenit LV

Sj0cPiJ.png

60M28iM.png

Cool cargo craft!

What is the mid-section?

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

I would really like to know how you palced those solar panels...

those curved ones on the core module? if so, those are NFT Curved Solar Arrays, and so each separate 'array' is all a single piece.

construction continues:

ZJxpZU6.png

the science module arrives...

mMAYVQd.pngUp6sxyP.pngpEJ6iqi.pngqTe9f3U.png

an engineering crew EVAs to assemble the module's high-bandwith dish. hey, we can get Nickelodeon on this thing!

pewXXWC.png

the science module decouples its cargo/service module, which then deorbits, leaving the docking port clear for later expansion.

u2I0fIf.png

hmmm what's this?

5916vj8.png

another Solar module! gonna need that to power all that shiny new lab equipment!

2Dd8AlN.pnggYYL7TR.png

the second solar module docks and deploys its three-panel array.

xXjY8Tz.png

Looking good!

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's a double stack of the MOL KIS segments from BDB.

Thanks Cobalt and Beale! Progress M2 can actually carry the actual weight of ~500 kg of supplies, or and extra 250 kg in the forward orbital module ive sunk into the craft :P

14 hours ago, TK-313 said:

If you mean the ship's main engines

HdsAcyJ.jpg

which look like this in the mod

then no, they aren't supposed to be multidirectional (how do you imagine this, I really wonder...). I mean, the model picture (which is among the first things to come up when you google TKS) shows quite clearly which way the nozzles are, or so I thought...

As for the smaller, silver-colored bunch of thrusters on the model - they are RCS thrusters, and, IIRC, @Beale wanted to make those TKS-specific pieces at one point at least.

Ok that picture of a green TKS made it clearer to me. I didn't know the TKS had separate engines and RCS blocks. From other images I have seen, i assumed they had multidirectional thrusters embeded in the same mounting as the main engines, since (in the tantares version at least) they use the same fuel. It is i who really wonders, can't you think of a mouting with both a big thruster and small RCSs in other directions, since they all use the same resource? Spacey Heavy Lifters have two of those, check it out and wonder no more!

final solar array docks....

k6CoDyf.png

Spoiler

Screw the Amerikans and their precious moon rocket...

U6B1kez.pngkxApGkY.png

We're going to marsDuna! suck hydrogen, capitalist pig-dogs!

Edited by Mechtech

Using multiple space station parts from multiple packs, I have nearly finished the Eclipse station, just two modules to go. One on the Multi-Dock modules may be removed, seems redundant as its exactly the same as the one with the Gemini docked to itLPr6fdV.jpg

kjL6Wed.jpg

rBJk36x.jpg

43 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

@Mechtech Pig-dogs? :D Such a funny way of thinking about how russians called americans back in the day, but it's OK)

Christmas-tree-shaped station is great, see U on Duna orbit, comяade!

It's a silly reference to RA3's Geneva mission as one of the capture lines for the banks is something like "Attention capitalist pig-dogs, this bank is now property of glorious soviet army!" (though my favorite is still " Such riches! Aah, all the borscht we could buy! ")

and yeah, she's a Hydrogen-burner- the plan is to stop at Duna (or, more specifically, it's handy low-gravity moons) to build some initial (largely automated) infastructure (as well as refueling its supply of Hydrogen and Oxidizer, those big Yucatan motors are pretty hungry for a cryonic rocket, and it's pushing a lot of mass in Materialkits and Specializedparts to do initial construction on top of that) then tour the outer planets doing much the same thing. 

meanwhile, the United Kerbal states are still trying to get that ridiculous Jool heavy lift rocket off the ground, I ligit launched that whole thing with Proton or Soyuz lifters. mostly Soyuz- all the solar modules AND the science module launched on a Soyuz rocket, only the core and shipyard/engine module launched on Protons.

the tank and engine were then assembled in-situ via multiple Progress-alikes shipping parts (also Soyuz launches) docked using a CLAAAW-equipped tug, and then welded because Konstruction ports are awesome.

I may post the UKS's exploits with the Jool lifter elsewhere (TLDR version: RUD happens. a LOT. usually as soon as the gravity turns on. because the Jool lifter doesn't ever go smaller than 3.5m. because launching a space-station all in one go amuses me. even-no, especially when it fails in some hilarious manner. this is likely why I don't play career mode much.)

19 hours ago, Beale said:

Honestly it is beautiful! Do you think it's okay for me to use this in the image album?

Absolutely, you´re welcome to use it. :)

Here´s the follow up to Salyut 1. Having a blast flying these in QSRSS.

2mzgz2d.png

14 hours ago, Mechtech said:

final solar array docks....

k6CoDyf.png

Hide contents

Screw the Amerikans and their precious moon rocket...

U6B1kez.pngkxApGkY.png

We're going to marsDuna! suck hydrogen, capitalist pig-dogs!

Nice!

Send photos of the Duna-bound journey! :)

48 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Are Pirs/Poisk and Rassvet modules still part of the plan?

Yes, probably soon.

I have forgotten exactly what I'm doing recently? FGB stuff...?

Some minor new Sofora truss system parts.

zfvLnib.png
pw6RboI.png

What's better than a 'Salyut' station? In the mid-'60s? Two 'Salyut' stations! I present to you, 'Zemlya!'

ItkuO1U.png

Glorious 'Proton-FGR' rocket launch vehicle of the Soviet Union! Tremendous upgrade over ageing 'Proton-K' rocket! With 2.5 metre core instead of 1.875 metre, and asparagus-staged boosters rather than inefficient old clustered core! Отлично!

H5pw98L.png

FmR5vF3.png

Отличный booster separation of the glorious 'Proton-FGR!' Rest in peace, simple 1.25 metre booster! You have served your country proud! You are glorious hero of the Soviet Union!

1xqCSEU.png

MBwaD8y.png

rnoIYK3.png

*Scoff* Korolev would not be proud! Begone, foul boosters!

Here is tremendous first stage separation and second stage ignition!

I2VVGBE.png

kY8r5iG.png

6trOM4c.png

Fairing jettison! Красивая! Observe brilliant Soviet engineering marvel, new DOS station core! Upgrade over dusty old 1.875 metre DOS 'Salyut' cores! New 2.5 metre core, and monopropellant maneuvering engines! DOS Mk2, the 'Zemlya' module of new 'Salyut-1!'

hw6kB0z.png

FvGS92H.png

Glorious rendezvous and docking of brand-new DOS module! Valentina and Erillian Kerman, great heroes of the Soviet Union, aboard to oversee docking procedure!

9N1n3sx.png

GdNJ6El.png

Closer... and closer... and -- давай! I can't wait any longer! Full throttle!

pVvUocj.png

vqlC6Jx.png

Brilliant 'Zemlya' DOS module docks to 'Salyut-1,' glorious Soviet achievement!

INhAdzJ.png

Solar arrays deployed! Marvel at this glorious Soviet engineering and tremendous space station! Отлично!

ZbWIUSz.png

More is to come later in time.... but first, KAS/KIS struts!

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

3 hours ago, SBKerman said:

Absolutely, you´re welcome to use it. :)

Here´s the follow up to Salyut 1. Having a blast flying these in QSRSS.

2mzgz2d.png

Amazing! Amazing! :) 

36 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

What's better than a 'Salyut' station? In the mid-'60s? Two 'Salyut' stations! I present to you, 'Zemlya!'

Glorious 'Proton-FGR' rocket launch vehicle of the Soviet Union! Tremendous upgrade over ageing 'Proton-K' rocket! With 2.5 metre core instead of 1.875 metre, and asparagus-staged boosters rather than inefficient old clustered core! Отлично!

Отличный booster separation of the glorious 'Proton-FGR!' Rest in peace, simple 1.25 metre booster! You have served your country proud! You are glorious hero of the Soviet Union!

*Scoff* Korolev would not be proud! Begone, foul boosters!

Here is tremendous first stage separation and second stage ignition!

Fairing jettison! Красивая! Observe brilliant Soviet engineering marvel, new DOS station core! Upgrade over dusty old 1.875 metre DOS 'Salyut' cores! New 2.5 metre core, and monopropellant maneuvering engines! DOS Mk2, the 'Zemlya' module of new 'Salyut-1!'

Glorious rendezvous and docking of brand-new DOS module! Valentina and Erillian Kerman, great heroes of the Soviet Union, aboard to oversee docking procedure!

Closer... and closer... and -- давай! I can't wait any longer! Full throttle!

Brilliant 'Zemlya' DOS module docks to 'Salyut-1,' glorious Soviet achievement!

Solar arrays deployed! Marvel at this glorious Soviet engineering and tremendous space station! Отлично!

ZbWIUSz.png

More is to come later in time.... but first, KAS/KIS struts!

Beautiful space station!

But, I'm a little confused, your Proton is 1.875m...?

10 minutes ago, Beale said:

But, I'm a little confused, your Proton is 1.875m...?

Oh, yeah. I'm playing career mode and haven't unlocked your Proton yet, so I made one from 1.875m HGR parts. But then I realised that it wasn't capable of launching 2.5m payloads (A: Because it looked extremely disproportionate, and B: Because it didn't have the lift capacity), so I made a newer version, basically just a Kerbal X rocket, but with modded engines and fuel tanks, built from scratch from that 'DOS Mk2' module.