[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Awesome update, the pirs/poisk look amazing!

The TMK spacecraft looks really interesting, "launch vehicle: N1"  they didn't even went to the mun with it, hence it never even reached earth orbit and they are already planning to go to mars and venus with it :D

What is that thing attached to the bottom of it? a docking port or some kind of little spacecraft? all in all it would be really awesome if you can bring this into KSP.

17 hours ago, Beale said:

Get your requests in now for 2019

A short while ago I was thinking: maybe some more parts for decoration? Y'know, like IR reflectors for the docking systems, docking targets, a few more antennas (maybe that long antenna on the swinging boom at the aft of the Mir Core Module / Zvezda)... stuff like that.

Some of my station modules just feel a little bare, a bit more diversity and detail might be a nice touch.

Btw: does anyone have a craft file for a Soyuz/Progress rocket that gets a nice booster separation (where they flip end over end like the real ones) that he's willing to share?

I'm thinking of a word that begins with the letter "i"  :3

Ice Cream of course!  Silly people, thinking I would ever mention the most hated thing to create in the universe, Interal Views!  Pfft!

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Got you covered.

It's our ticket to the future, Eath year 1987!

TMK spacecraft, manned for flybys of Mars and Venus.
It's also found under MABP for Марс and Венера.

I've been planning to do it for... a long time. But for some reason it gets delayed.

mavrdrwg.jpg
Pq3LmN2.jpg
mac-rebisz-20150410-tmk-004-detail.jpg?1428696311

Okay, real question, what do people want? Original Salyut parts, or the above? (Or Polyus).
On the rocket side, I'm working on Energia now.

I would suggest fleshing out the older stuff first. Get Salyut/Almaz and any remaining stuff off the board, then get the newer/proposed stuff going. That decision is certainly up to you and what you feel like working on, but I'm just giving my suggestion. Great work, @Beale!!!

1 hour ago, onlinegamesz said:

Awesome update, the pirs/poisk look amazing!

The TMK spacecraft looks really interesting, "launch vehicle: N1"  they didn't even went to the mun with it, hence it never even reached earth orbit and they are already planning to go to mars and venus with it :D

What is that thing attached to the bottom of it? a docking port or some kind of little spacecraft? all in all it would be really awesome if you can bring this into KSP.

As far as I know that is supposed to be a return vehicle, exactly how I would love to know :) 

1 hour ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

A short while ago I was thinking: maybe some more parts for decoration? Y'know, like IR reflectors for the docking systems, docking targets, a few more antennas (maybe that long antenna on the swinging boom at the aft of the Mir Core Module / Zvezda)... stuff like that.

Some of my station modules just feel a little bare, a bit more diversity and detail might be a nice touch.

I think it's the same problem as the periscope, which is modelled, but not put in game. I can create these, but what in-game purpose? I feel like most parts would need some.

1 hour ago, Well said:

It deserves more details, what specific parts?

(i love salyut)

Hide contents

saliout 7 vue par ST13.jpg

I would hope to cover everything from Salyut 1 to 7 (Including Almaz).
Unfortunately, sizes for Salyut I can find are inconsistent, it's hard to find reliable sources.

57 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Interal Views!

bMU6E8D.png

40 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

I would really love the antennas for the Kurs and Igla docking systems

Yes! Still an important piece missing for Soyuz.
Really I am waiting to see what is coming with the expansion pack, and aim to be better than that.

2 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

Building and testing something as complicated as TMK will take a lot (more like A LOT) of time - so, in order to actually do something, you need to start doing things beforehand.

Also, launch was planned to match an exact time in 1971, when Earth-to-Mars distance was minimal. So, no delays were possible.

Edited by Legcutter

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Got you covered.

It's our ticket to the future, Eath year 1987!

TMK spacecraft, manned for flybys of Mars and Venus.
It's also found under MABP for Марс and Венера.

I've been planning to do it for... a long time. But for some reason it gets delayed.

mavrdrwg.jpg
Pq3LmN2.jpg
mac-rebisz-20150410-tmk-004-detail.jpg?1428696311

Okay, real question, what do people want? Original Salyut parts, or the above? (Or Polyus).
On the rocket side, I'm working on Energia now.

I would say the big antenna dish and maybe an engine ? I don't know how this thing is supposed to be propulsed but since we already have the station parts :wink:

29 minutes ago, Beale said:

uld hope to cover everything from Salyut 1 to 7 (Including Almaz).
Unfortunately, sizes for Salyut I can find are inconsistent, it's hard to find reliable sources.

For help, I recommend you this site in French, you can use an automatic translator or ask me for translation.

https://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/index.htm

Soviet section: https://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/espace_sovietique/index.htm

An old site, but to realize by somebody it which I trust, an enthusiast having made a lot of search(research).
A other source is always beneficial I think.
It is my favourite site of archive for all the spatial history

25 minutes ago, Well said:

For help, I recommend you this site in French, you can use an automatic translator or ask me for translation.

https://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/index.htm

Soviet section: https://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/espace_sovietique/index.htm

An old site, but to realize by somebody it which I trust, an enthusiast having made a lot of search(research).
A other source is always beneficial I think.
It is my favourite site of archive for all the spatial history

Nice link!

But, the problem is more like:

These are all Salyut 7. See the problem? :D I think I need to get raw accurate measurements and just make it myself without relying on reference images.

gqjvVTF.png

IMO, TMK around 2-3 weeks before the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution would be perfect!

Would You consider adding satellite-greeble to the 2019 wishlist?

Something like the funny cages on the Dnepropetrovsk Sputnik series:

ds-mg__cos-26__1.jpg

Or the studded thingies on the Ekran series:

ekran-m__1.jpg

The RD-0410 I think is unnecessary, if they were serious about it they would've gone nuclear electric or revived some older designs like RD-403 and -404... Or the RD-600 :P

@Beale i see the problem

May be this real photo could be a good reference:

The view is not perfect but it is rare to have a side view of this type:

Spoiler

saliout%207%20soyouz%20T14.jpg

You could probably just import the picture in blender for scale i think

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a french astronaut for Saliout 7 / 1982 mission Perseus PVH "Jean-Louis Chrétien" :D

Spoiler

patch%20soyouz%20T6.jpg

Edited by Well

1 hour ago, Beale said:

I think it's the same problem as the periscope, which is modelled, but not put in game. I can create these, but what in-game purpose? I feel like most parts would need some.

They wouldn't really have a purpose besides decoration, much like how I view stock antennas. Personally, I would like such parts, as I feel they add to the imersion.

But I can understand if you prefer doing other things. I just put it out there as a suggestion.

2 hours ago, Beale said:

I would hope to cover everything from Salyut 1 to 7 (Including Almaz).

Here is my attempt to put together the dimensions I've found.

One thing - the overall station length is stated to be 13,6 m but sum of the station's compartments lengths is 13,9. This mismatch is possibly (my best guess) due to the working compartment spherical wall being partly inside docking compartment (marked with green arrow).

Edited by Legcutter

57 minutes ago, dimovski said:

IMO, TMK around 2-3 weeks before the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution would be perfect!

Would You consider adding satellite-greeble to the 2019 wishlist?

Something like the funny cages on the Dnepropetrovsk Sputnik series:

ds-mg__cos-26__1.jpg

Or the studded thingies on the Ekran series:

ekran-m__1.jpg

The RD-0410 I think is unnecessary, if they were serious about it they would've gone nuclear electric or revived some older designs like RD-403 and -404... Or the RD-600 :P

That will be close for time!

I love the Ekran design in general.

54 minutes ago, Well said:

@Beale i see the problem

May be this real photo could be a good reference:

The view is not perfect but it is rare to have a side view of this type:

Reveal hidden contents

saliout%207%20soyouz%20T14.jpg

You could probably just import the picture in blender for scale i think

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a french astronaut for Saliout 7 / 1982 mission Perseus PVH "Jean-Louis Chrétien" :D

Reveal hidden contents

patch%20soyouz%20T6.jpg

Nice photo! But, really for this I want to go as accurate as possible, but yeah, it might be a compromise to do.
I didn't know about the French visit! Interkosmos! :) 

18 minutes ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

They wouldn't really have a purpose besides decoration, much like how I view stock antennas. Personally, I would like such parts, as I feel they add to the imersion.

But I can understand if you prefer doing other things. I just put it out there as a suggestion.

Fair enough, I will see what I can do.

16 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

Here is my attempt to put together the dimensions I've found.

One thing - the overall station length is stated to be 13,6 m but sum of the station's compartments lengths is 13,9. This mismatch is possibly (my best guess) due to the working compartment spherical wall being partly inside docking compartment (marked with green arrow).

404 error :( 

Sounds good, Salyut 1?

40 minutes ago, Beale said:

404 error :( 

Sounds good, Salyut 1?

Yup, Salyut-1. Edited a link, you can retry.

P.S.
Some extra ideas - Zenith (military recon sat), Resurs (earth observation sat), Bion (biological experiments sat), and Foton (material sciences research sat) unmanned craft series were (and are) widely used and they're basically a heavily modified Vostok capsule.

Spoiler

Zenith-2M
0_b12d4_439f6e73_orig.jpg

Resurs-F2

resurs-f2__1.jpg

Bion
44.jpg

Foton
foton__1.jpg

Edited by Legcutter

26 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

P.S.
Some extra ideas - Bion (biological experiments) and Zenith (military recon) unmanned crafts were (and Bion - are) widely used and they're basically a heavily modified Vostok capsule.

"Over a 33 year period, over five hundred Zenits were flown making it the most numerous type of satellite in the history of spaceflight."

Wow. Had no idea there were so many

7 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

"Over a 33 year period, over five hundred Zenits were flown making it the most numerous type of satellite in the history of spaceflight."

Wow. Had no idea there were so many

Plesetsk military cosmodrome was built for a reason)

Zenit's flaw was that it must be deorbited for photos retrieval, so it's lifespan was short. At least cameras and other equipment were able to be launched multiple times.

Edited by Legcutter

French agency and other have made many use of Bion / Foton capsule, last from 2013 if i remenber.

with some mouse aboard :P        

Spoiler

BION M2

foton_m4.jpg

Bion-M1_control_0240.jpg

Edited by Well

Just passing through, so I thought I should pay a little screenshot tax. I'm attempting to assemble the ISS using a mix of CxAerospace and Tantares parts in historical order using only the shuttle and proton. Here is my ISS after installing the P6 truss

Edited by Chimer4

Sorry guys, work keeps me busy!

Funny thing about the N1... It wasn't build for the LK project - It was adapted for it. The N1 was originally supposed to launch the TMK (MaVr) / KK / EK projects for Mars / Venus expeditions utilizing the Mars Train configuration.

Although MaVr was only a flyby vessel (I believe the long piece on the bottom was a telescope), the KK and EK was the next step using nuclear electric engines; Reactor on a telescopic boom ( I know how you like girders @Beale) and a heat shield for deceleration. Personally the EK (TMK-E) was my favorite. From astronautix:

tmkedrwg.jpg

"Feoktistov's TMK-E became the first project for an expedition to Mars in a spacecraft propelled by nuclear reactor-powered ion engines. The craft would be assembled in near-earth orbit and from there launched toward Mars with a crew of six. The spacecraft as initially designed used a 7 MWt nuclear reactor to power the 7.5 kgf ion engine, which had a predicted specific impulse of 10,000 seconds. The TMK-E would be capable of a three year flight to Mars and return, of which one year was powered flight. From fore to aft the 175 m long spacecraft consisted of:

• A stretched 6 m diameter, 18 m long TMK-1 living section with a shield at the nose, to accommodate a total crew of six
  • A small diameter pressurized tunnel to which were docked the two crew-return Mars landing craft and a Soyuz-type earth return capsule
  • A long lattice boom, along which was first encountered, at the center of gravity of the spacecraft, the ion engine cluster and propellant tanks
  • Four further Mars landing craft, containing the rest of the 'Mars Train' surface vehicles
  • A large diameter radiation shield to protect the crewed areas from the reactor
  • At the end of the lattice boom, deployed after launch and stabilized by two telescoping struts, the power reactor
  • The year-long surface expedition would assemble a 'Mars Train' from five separately-landed components. The landing craft, weighing about 10 metric tons each, were conical aeroshells with a blunt base, 5.5 m in diameter and 9 m in height. On the surface the shell would separate and a section of it would provide a carapace for the surface vehicles within. The Mars Train itself would consist of five coupled wagons:

• Forward wagon with crew cabin, manipulator arms and a drilling system
    • Launch wagon with a platform for a convertiplane (vertical takeoff/horizontal flight) for flying in the Martian atmosphere
    • Two wagons with rocket launch platforms. Either rocket (one a spare) could be used for landing the three-man surface crew and returning to dock with the main spacecraft in near-Mars orbit. The landers themselves were four-legged truncated cones, 5.4 m tall and 7 m across the landing gear.
    • Aft wagon with a nuclear reactor to power the train

Following assembly of the train on the surface, the crew would begin their long research of the surface and atmosphere of the red planet. They would make a complete traverse of the planet, from pole to pole. Data would be transmitted from the surface to the crew in the spacecraft in its Mars orbit and then retransmitted to Earth. After completing their work, the crew, together with samples of soil and other research results would return to the TMK-E in near-Mars orbit, and from there to the earth."

IMO Salyut is also great, but this could be an amazing addition to Tantares... But I also know how much this seems to be :)