[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, Beale said:

@Third_OfFive It is much appreciated, but yeah the truth is texturing and Unity are maybe 80% - 90% of the IVA time (The Unity part is really intensive for anything with detail). If you can get exported MU and Config I would be happy to include them.
Regarding IVA texture, have you seen this?

6e302xw.png

Interesting, Where did that texture come from?

6 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Looks like a rocket which only starts 4 times in history. :)

5 hours ago, spacecookie said:

Happy to see this british rocket back ( am I right ? ) :D

2 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

The Brexit parts look awesome!

You are right!

1dphC86.png

Just now, Third_OfFive said:

Interesting, Where did that texture come from?

It's from the stock IVAs.

@TheBedla  Very strange, do you use any mods that might affect part categories?

42 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

- SNIP -

Thoughts?

I Like it, shows much promise, I had a slightly different take on the same part a while back:

This was made back before I actually understood how do normals, it doesn't look right here because its not using the correct type of map and my base texture is pretty basic and frankly terrible.

9 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

No offence but I think mine is better.

None taken and I'd agree, that is better! Since we started this back and forth I'm working on doing a similar internal revamp to the smaller station parts. I plan to use the same Texture sheet for the interim but I have couple of custom props in the works. I'd be happy to share them with you and compare notes so we don't duplicate work?

8 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

None taken and I'd agree, that is better! Since we started this back and forth I'm working on doing a similar internal revamp to the smaller station parts. I plan to use the same Texture sheet for the interim but I have couple of custom props in the works. I'd be happy to share them with you and compare notes so we don't duplicate work?

Sure, I'm reworking the textures at the moment I can give you them when I'm done if you like.

14 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

Sure, I'm reworking the textures at the moment I can give you them when I'm done if you like.

That would be very cool, I like the blend of Stock/Tantares that can be seen in that picture, looks very right. Although (as I found in my early endeavours) the small to non-existent windows leave much to be desired illumination wise. I'm thinking some 'baking' in Unity may be required? I had 3 point light sources and it was still not quite right.

Edited by steedcrugeon

4 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

That would be very cool, I like the blend of Stock/Tantares that can be seen in that picture, looks very right. Although (as I found in my early endeavours) the small to non-existent windows leave much to be desired illumination wise. I'm thinking some 'baking' in Unity may be required? I had 3 point light sources and it was still not quite right.

I added in a light but it wasn't very bright, I'm currently playing around with the luminosity to get it right.

On 03/08/2017 at 9:49 PM, Third_OfFive said:

@steedcrugeon

AGdLXZs.png

No offence but I think mine is better.

That's really nice! A great start, I like the computer-racks.

47 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

Is there a config to add fuel switching to the progress propellant control block?

Yeah I'm not lifting a finger to help you:

gVteT8J.png

Edited by Beale

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

♫ W i l l i n g    t o    s a c r i f i c e   o u r    l o v e 

Black Arrow

Set up now with working gimbals the little pistons.

Wow the details looks outstanding ! Congrats :cool:

1 hour ago, Deltac said:

wiggle wiggle wiggle they see me wiggling.

wiggle wiggle wiggle fruit salad.

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Wow the details looks outstanding ! Congrats :cool:

Thanks there is more:

nTPvSxW.png  Fuel tank.
Y9hVG7d.png Gimbal limited to push-pull.
NO3Q0qf.png 

Awesome work @Third_OfFive The lighting on this part is perfect now! loving the detail, what does the russian say on that panel mid top left?

I foolishly opted to start with the Alniyat docking part (non-typical double cone shape)using the Squad stock IVA but your texture sheet will prove much more suitable (the stock one is too bright in my opinion for Tantares).

Edited by steedcrugeon