[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

20 minutes ago, Beale said:

Now, you have me curious, what are the three known variants of this?

All three variants are shown on the picture of saljut 7.

1. the identical variant on Soyuz/Progress
2. the rear variant on Saljut across from Progress IGLA with reflection protection
3. the front variant on Saljut accross from Soyuz

Glad I could help! 

Give me a challenge and I'll give it a crack. If there's one thing uni taught me, it's how to improve my Google-fu :D

@hraban will probably have to correct me on this, but are all 3 shown in the picture he posted of Soyuz and progress docked to Salyut? There's the ones on Soyuz/progress, the one at the front of Salyut and the one at the rear of Salyut. The one at the rear was also present on the mir core module and zvezda (I think) but not too be confused with the SDRN antenna on zvezda. I don't think it's visible in photos any more of zvezda because igla has now been supplanted by kurs. Then again I could be taking complete twaddle and might be completely wrong :D

Edit. Oops, didn't see his post :rolleyes:

Edited by Chimer4

4 hours ago, hraban said:

All three variants are shown on the picture of saljut 7.

1. the identical variant on Soyuz/Progress
2. the rear variant on Saljut across from Progress IGLA with reflection protection
3. the front variant on Saljut accross from Soyuz

Beautiful, I had previously thought there was some variation among the different Soyuz versions, but probably just bad diagrams, great information, many thanks!

Quick updates for Kosmos, before moving onto the Soyuz Rocket.

0RlbRJI.png
YX5mAUm.jpg
2wpLMZD.png
s6tkqzr.png

Edited by Beale

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, notJebKerman said:

How was it even supposed to look like? I've read about it but haven't seen any images

The Mars Train concept actually consists of the TMK and variants to bring a full on Mars Base to the surface utilizing the N1 LV:

dlb2.jpg

http://www.astronautix.com/r/russianmarsexpeditions.html

Link above shows you how massive this undertaking was!

16 hours ago, Drakenex said:

May be an official part to bind Tantares to BDB? :D

wGwqay0.png

Oh I love the picture!

I wonder what the question is though, who makes this part? :D 

12 hours ago, Abrecan said:

The Mars Train concept actually consists of the TMK and variants to bring a full on Mars Base to the surface utilizing the N1 LV:

dlb2.jpg

http://www.astronautix.com/r/russianmarsexpeditions.html

Link above shows you how massive this undertaking was!

Nice! Thanks!

More house-cleaning.

G5bKfxf.png

Just remember, never look at Orbiter models!

HXl6V6y.png

22 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Something not quite right with the textures... Happens to the LES, too.

0yAjj1k.jpg?1

With the Github uploads, you really need to clear out any existing Tantares folder before copy-pasting a new version in, as there can be changes in file formats MBM -> DDS, etc.

In this case, download fresh GitHub copy, delete the Tantares folder in GameData and paste the new copy in.

giphy.gif Foldie-boy.
rMgJBjZ.png Expand-boy.
wv36liS.png Fits on flat surface, no clipping (unlike the stock folding antenna, but who am I to judge?).
HWA91aA.png Fits orbital modules very closely also (Extends no further out than the skirt on the engine).

On 11/21/2017 at 11:35 AM, Third_OfFive said:

Have all the other parts organized and updated to match the new pork-alike style you seem to be going for, re-add the vostok upper stage rocket and fuel tank parts (waymaker, waykeeper, fuel tank that goes with them). Make the mod feel clean and complete before you start adding in new stuff.

ajKlmvl.png

Edited by IronCretin

29 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Thanks!

I'm thinking about adopting the Tucana/Federation myself

Edit: I know it's been already "adopted", but I mean really update it

My only thought is, I hope you have the files already, I deleted them a long time ago :o 

I do have other things though...

0ycyoGC.png

2 minutes ago, wallum61 said:

Any plans for the Voskhod module to be created in the stockalike style?

Probably not in Tantares every, but @IronCretin could one day (I think he has more exciting projects underway though).

I don't have much interest because it's kind of a dead-end project for Gameplay, a few launches and then the parts are probably forgotten.
After that, LOK and LK are the second most "dead-end" style of craft, but they actually can be used a lot (I've even seen some sneaky people do Mars landings with them :) ). Hard to find that level of versatility for the Vostok/Voskhod

RX9BOPm.png

Tantares WIP 

Github

• New RCS blocks.
  • Updated PIRS parts
  • New tech tree placements
  • New text.
Njdeumw.png

Tantares LV WIP

Github

• Updated Kosmos rocket parts.

6 hours ago, IronCretin said:

ajKlmvl.png

I know this was made into a mod, I'm not asking to re-integrate all of the vostok parts, I just think that the parts for the vostok upper stage should be added back in for the sake of having more options for upper stages of the soyuz rocket.

Also @IronCretin, I've been trying to get in contact with you to help make you an IVA for that mod, but you still refuse to friend me on discord or respond to my messages.

It's an old thing to say, sure, but I like the N1-L3 so much. Nice pics of orbital test (Kerbin 3.2) below.

Spoiler

930FaWB.jpg

Ready to launch

qJKsF9T.jpg

Liftoff!

XinarfK.png

Stage two putting the ship in orbit...

CQEWkPg.png

Stage 3 still putting the ship in orbit....

dCYk9UL.png

Burning the transtage to the Mun aka block G. Yes, the ship has layers of fairings.

N1q5f3n.png

The ship as it should arrive to the Mun

aWLQ6dc.png

Fairing around LK jetissoned

VXffat9.png

LOK deorbiting...

SooBH3Y.jpg

...and landing...

wgPRJ6W.jpg

...somewhere in the endless steppes. Next test: Munar flyby!

Also, here's a Kronal view of the rocket. Caution, long pic:

Spoiler

Gy5JToB.png

As for the results of the test, well, the built-in RCS thrusters on LOK's SM and docking come don't seem to work (although the context menu says they're on in both cases). And the heatshield won't jetisson. Still more things to do!

Edited by TK-313

2 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@damonvv HabTech has a good Cygnus Trunk model, and that could be integrated into Tundra Aerospace!

Back in the old days, Tantares had the best Cygnus and Antares rockets imo :wink: But I'll take a look and see how that plans out :P 

7 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Just one question, that's green skin's suits right? How did you get it working?

Really sorrt, unfortunately I cannot remember where it is from exactly, but 100% not green skull. I should probably not share it freely in-case of licences, etc.
May be worth asking the TextureReplacerReplaced thread.

4 hours ago, TK-313 said:

It's an old thing to say, sure, but I like the N1-L3 so much. Nice pics of orbital test (Kerbin 3.2) below

Gy5JToB.png

As for the results of the test, well, the built-in RCS thrusters on LOK's SM and docking come don't seem to work (although the context menu says they're on in both cases). And the heatshield won't jetisson. Still more things to do!

Very nice craft and mission! Thanks for the bug reports, I will investigate those.

cZK0sKi.png
H6KhyGl.png
mXzU2S4.png
DqLYxoy.png

More flying, more testing. Found 1 false alarm (the RCS engines on LOK's SM do work, actually) and 1 more bug (the fuel cell in said SM uses no monoprop, but does generate electricity). Other than that...

Spoiler

qrT4dGW.png

Bye, Earth Kerbin!

ryr2SJF.jpg

Hi, Mun!

as4ur0m.png

Hi, LK!

KYVYpP1.png

Bye, Mun!

Edited by TK-313