[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

You'll need DDS loader for back-compatibility :)

Would I be able to convert to .tga and use it that way, or will that not work?

So many mods I use aren't updated to 1.0, plus it's a lot laggier on my laptop, and frankly the reentry system is a step back from DRE (no temp readouts???), so for the time being updating to 1.0 isn't feasible :(

Edited by planeguy868

1st bug - I will take a look :)

2nd bug, this I think sounds like something else, what mods are you running?

*thanks for ckan*

- AdvancedAnimator autodetected dll

- AGExt autodetected dll

- AntennaRange autodetected dll

- AutoAction autodetected dll

- BandwidthFix autodetected dll

- BDAnimationModules autodetected dll

- CommunityResourcePack 0.4.0

- ContractsWindowPlus 5.0

- ControlLock autodetected dll

- DistantObject v1.5.3

- DistantObject-default v1.5.3

- EVAManager autodetected dll

- FirespitterCore 7.0.5463.30802

- KDEX v1.04

- KerbalDebrisFix autodetected dll

- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.16.3

- KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.3

- KerbalMechanics v0.6.4.1

- kOSVoidAction autodetected dll

- KSPAPIExtensions autodetected dll

- KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0

- LifeSupport autodetected dll

- MechJeb2 autodetected dll

- MiniAVC autodetected dll

- ModuleCargoBayFix autodetected dll

- ModuleJettisonFix autodetected dll

- ModuleManager 2.6.1

- ModuleParachuteFix autodetected dll

- ModuleProceduralFairingFix autodetected dll

- ModuleWheelFix autodetected dll

- ProceduralFairings autodetected dll

- ShipManifest 4.1.4.4

- StickyLaunchPadFix autodetected dll

- SymmetryActionFix autodetected dll

- ToadicusTools autodetected dll

- Toolbar 1.7.8

- TweakableEverything

- USI-FTT 0.4.0

- USITools 0.4.0

- VesselSimulator autodetected dll

- VOID

- WaypointManager 2.3.0

So, are the capsules themselves also heat shields? I don't like how the heat shields in this pack throw off the dimensions of the spacecraft, and I like even less the pointy end on them. I would personally prefer it if the capsules had built in heat shields. This would also allow the capsules to be brown and charred after reentry(I think?).

So! my computer returned to me not half an hour ago! Look for the ressurection of the Tantares Solar Wind Sample Return Mission. It seems to have been popular enough here that It will be my first mission in KSP 1.0. (Hopefully SXT has been updated as well, the probe had many parts from that pack, like the return capsule.)

Ack!

No good.

Honestly, I have no idea how to use and manage a CKAN repository. Tantares was added by somebody else.

Any help is appreciated.

This is CKANs fault, we've had a bug making our indexing bot unable to index certain mods and Tantares is one of the few affected ones. I've manually added Tantares and LV to CKANs index and 24 and 9.0 now properly show up on CKAN. Sorry for the inconvenience.

after the first few launches playing with tantares in 1.0 here are my thoughts

the V2 while a great way to safely clear speed altitude and distance world record contracts without accidentally bbq'ing a kerbal on the new atmospheric heating has this tendency to want to naturally fly butt first when out of fuel and falling. perhaps if more drag was given to the engine part? or if the winglets were separated from the engine?

Also the vostok is in desperate need of its revamp that .6 mass decoupler and tiny part spam is killing me career wise (if only there was something to smooth out the hop between unmanned sounding rocket and orbital manned rocket... perhaps recreate the soviet animals in space experiments?)

finally does anyone have some numbers on real world material densities and weights? I can't tell if stock decouplers are too light (0.05 for the first decoupler) or tantares decouplers are too dense (0.25 and 0.09 for the first decouplers not counting the infamous 0.6'er)

Tantares Texture Pack Updates

As of right now, I'm in the midst of hell. Also known as finals week. I'm spending a little time getting my personal install up to date, waiting for mods to be released and such, and that's the majority of my focus on KSP right now. However, once I do that, I will be re-releasing my texture packs for Tantares and Procedural Fairings (which currently DO NOT WORK with Tantares 24 and Procedural Fairings 3.12), most likely with .dds textures as well.

Sorry that you guys will be without my fairings, Soyuz-TMA, Dragon, and CARV for the time being, but right now my focus is on RL stuff and on getting my game to work in 1.0.

EDIT: A hotfix for 1.0 users of my current texture packs. Open the .tga files in either Photoshop or Paint.net (free), and mirror them vertically. The textures will work then. Additionally, replace the all .mu files in the pack with the most recent ones from Tantares 24. That should work.

Edited by planeguy868

Thought : LOVE that the heatshields have a built-in decoupler. What an awesome surprise that was! Though from a balance perspective, consider making them a little heavier than the stock heatshields to compensate for the added functionality.

Could the minimum speed/ temperature of the charring effect on the pods be raised to a reasonable number? I don't want to be launching a rocket with my pod bare with no fairing suddenly turn darker than the rest of the rocket (example: Spektr and Proton have the same color scheme, but when I launch it and it goes to mach 2.5 or 800m/s while launching, it turns black.)

Tantares Texture Pack Updates

As of right now, I'm in the midst of hell. Also known as finals week. I'm spending a little time getting my personal install up to date, waiting for mods to be released and such, and that's the majority of my focus on KSP right now. However, once I do that, I will be re-releasing my texture packs for Tantares and Procedural Fairings (which currently DO NOT WORK with Tantares 24 and Procedural Fairings 3.12), most likely with .dds textures as well.

Sorry that you guys will be without my fairings, Soyuz-TMA, Dragon, and CARV for the time being, but right now my focus is on RL stuff and on getting my game to work in 1.0.

EDIT: A hotfix for 1.0 users of my current texture packs. Open the .tga files in either Photoshop or Paint.net (free), and mirror them vertically. The textures will work then. Additionally, replace the all .mu files in the pack with the most recent ones from Tantares 24. That should work.

Was just about to let you know. The parts won't crash the game or anything, they just don't attach to things. Take your time, finish your finals. :)

Also with noting that passinglurker's Bloeting Corp. Tantares+ seems to exhibit the exact same behavior. Likely the same causes. Does anyone know about AB Launchers? I know hooj's RLA seems to crash the game when loading up old RLA dependent .crafts. Trying to put together a game so I can start working on the .craft files. Anyone seen spacecookie around?

Could the minimum speed/ temperature of the charring effect on the pods be raised to a reasonable number? I don't want to be launching a rocket with my pod bare with no fairing suddenly turn darker than the rest of the rocket (example: Spektr and Proton have the same color scheme, but when I launch it and it goes to mach 2.5 or 800m/s while launching, it turns black.)

Hmm, that's interesting. What happens when you launch the Alamch under a fairing? e-dog's, or stock? Does it still char, or is it considered shielded? I know that the Vostok is supposed to launch under a fairing anyways...

Hmm, that's interesting. What happens when you launch the Alamch under a fairing? e-dog's, or stock? Does it still char, or is it considered shielded? I know that the Vostok is supposed to launch under a fairing anyways...

It's okay under the fairing. It's just odd that it chars up too much during launch if it's not shielded.

Worth noting, that I too am experiencing the, ehrm, ineffectiveness of the parachutes. The Fuji's PP+ chute had me hitting the ground at 200+m/s. It's like it's not deploying fully. Don't know if it's a RealChute issue, or a Tantares issue. I'm sure it's something simple.

Was just about to let you know. The parts won't crash the game or anything, they just don't attach to things. Take your time, finish your finals. :)

Also with noting that passinglurker's Bloeting Corp. Tantares+ seems to exhibit the exact same behavior. Likely the same causes. Does anyone know about AB Launchers? I know hooj's RLA seems to crash the game when loading up old RLA dependent .crafts. Trying to put together a game so I can start working on the .craft files. Anyone seen spacecookie around?

So the textures show up and work fine? Hm...

The reason they don't attach to things is because the config files in my mods use the old node orientation. Squad fixed a node orientation bug with 1.0, so now you can enable an option in alt+f12 menu to allow you to attach parts with that bug. 1.0 mods like Tantares have already changed the configs to the new node orientation, so stock and Tantares parts will have no attachment issues.

My prediction is that all of the parts except the Orbital Module and Crew Module will have bugged textures (Beale flipped textures in the new update) due to referencing models in the main Tantares modpack.

Tantares+ and ABLaunchers have the same issue, and the node problems are likely why RLA crafts crash the game. Either that, or the possibility of the parts referencing textures and such that no longer exist due to changes in stock parts.

Edited by planeguy868

So the textures show up and work fine? Hm...

The reason they don't attach to things is because the config files in my mods use the old node orientation. Squad fixed a node orientation bug with 1.0, so now you can enable an option in alt+f12 menu to allow you to attach parts with that bug. 1.0 mods like Tantares have already changed the configs to the new node orientation, so stock and Tantares parts will have no attachment issues.

My prediction is that all of the parts except the Orbital Module and Crew Module will have bugged textures (Beale flipped textures in the new update) due to referencing models in the main Tantares modpack.

Tantares+ and ABLaunchers have the same issue, and the node problems are likely why RLA crafts crash the game. Either that, or the possibility of the parts referencing textures and such that no longer exist due to changes in stock parts.

I didn't notice anything off with the textures, though I didn't look very closely. I'll have to compare to the photos you posted. The only thing is the nodes as far as I can tell. Is it an easy thing to fix?

I didn't notice anything off with the textures, though I didn't look very closely. I'll have to compare to the photos you posted. The only thing is the nodes as far as I can tell. Is it an easy thing to fix?

If the textures aren't mapping properly, it'd be readily apparent. Would you mind checking all of the parts, screenshotting them, and PMing the pics to me? If they work, then it saves me a little work updating the mod.

There should be an option in the alt+f12 debug menu to ignore node orientation or the like; that works. I'm not familiar with what exactly changed, I'll have to look at the new Tantares, but you could look at that and change the nodes based on what you see there. Rest assured, when I'm done with finals, I'll get right on a re-release of my modpacks and the node positioning will be fixed. Also on my to-do list is a rebalance of Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul, ABLaunchers, and Aerojet Kerbodyne, since I use those mods in almost every craft, and until I update the configs, I'm SOL for the time being.

Thank you! Finally I know the Assembly sequence

Thank you!

Very welcome. Right now, I'm waiting for TweakScale to get updated, planeguy868, and passinglurker's Tantares extensions to get updated, RLA Stockalike to get updated, and Procedural Fairings to get updated. Fairly difficult to build some of these crafts accurately without them.

If the textures aren't mapping properly, it'd be readily apparent. Would you mind checking all of the parts, screenshotting them, and PMing the pics to me? If they work, then it saves me a little work updating the mod.

There should be an option in the alt+f12 debug menu to ignore node orientation or the like; that works. I'm not familiar with what exactly changed, I'll have to look at the new Tantares, but you could look at that and change the nodes based on what you see there. Rest assured, when I'm done with finals, I'll get right on a re-release of my modpacks and the node positioning will be fixed. Also on my to-do list is a rebalance of Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul, ABLaunchers, and Aerojet Kerbodyne, since I use those mods in almost every craft, and until I update the configs, I'm SOL for the time being.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

All of the textures seem ok, except for the CARV. Something looks a bit wonky there.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Very welcome. Right now, I'm waiting for TweakScale to get updated, planeguy868, and passinglurker's Tantares extensions to get updated, RLA Stockalike to get updated, and Procedural Fairings to get updated. Fairly difficult to build some of these crafts accurately without them.

http://imgur.com/a/TcORM

All of the textures seem ok, except for the CARV. Something looks a bit wonky there.

Nope, everything is mapping properly! CARV has that bug on that one side, it's an issue on Beale's end with the texture mapping for the Progress CM specifically, was there in 0.90 as well. It's just less noticeable on the other parts because of the solid color textures.

That's good news that everything is working, except for the nodes! I guess .dds means the texture gets mirrored upside down. And this is with Tantares 24, correct?

Couldn't find this mentioned but feel it should be pointed out

Tantares v24...with the DDS primary textures and the mbm alternate textures?

Whats going to happen when you merge folders?

I hadn't thought about it, but it seems to work just fine for me.

This is CKANs fault, we've had a bug making our indexing bot unable to index certain mods and Tantares is one of the few affected ones. I've manually added Tantares and LV to CKANs index and 24 and 9.0 now properly show up on CKAN. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, it seems to have proc'd through with the right versions now :)

Absolutely nothing. They just added support for DDS format in stock for a quick loading, all other formats are still there and work just fine.

Sorry folks, I'm currently a little busy doing coding things.

*thanks for ckan*

- AdvancedAnimator autodetected dll

- AGExt autodetected dll

- AntennaRange autodetected dll

- AutoAction autodetected dll

- BandwidthFix autodetected dll

- BDAnimationModules autodetected dll

- CommunityResourcePack 0.4.0

- ContractsWindowPlus 5.0

- ControlLock autodetected dll

- DistantObject v1.5.3

- DistantObject-default v1.5.3

- EVAManager autodetected dll

- FirespitterCore 7.0.5463.30802

- KDEX v1.04

- KerbalDebrisFix autodetected dll

- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.16.3

- KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.3

- KerbalMechanics v0.6.4.1

- kOSVoidAction autodetected dll

- KSPAPIExtensions autodetected dll

- KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0

- LifeSupport autodetected dll

- MechJeb2 autodetected dll

- MiniAVC autodetected dll

- ModuleCargoBayFix autodetected dll

- ModuleJettisonFix autodetected dll

- ModuleManager 2.6.1

- ModuleParachuteFix autodetected dll

- ModuleProceduralFairingFix autodetected dll

- ModuleWheelFix autodetected dll

- ProceduralFairings autodetected dll

- ShipManifest 4.1.4.4

- StickyLaunchPadFix autodetected dll

- SymmetryActionFix autodetected dll

- ToadicusTools autodetected dll

- Toolbar 1.7.8

- TweakableEverything

- USI-FTT 0.4.0

- USITools 0.4.0

- VesselSimulator autodetected dll

- VOID

- WaypointManager 2.3.0

Wow!

Okay, that's a fair amount.

First thing, it seems the CKAN repo was out of date until very recently, you are sure you're using the latest version of Tantares?

As for the list of mods, I'm not familiar with all of them, but nothing there that I think could cause the described problems, sorry to tell you :(

So, are the capsules themselves also heat shields? I don't like how the heat shields in this pack throw off the dimensions of the spacecraft, and I like even less the pointy end on them. I would personally prefer it if the capsules had built in heat shields. This would also allow the capsules to be brown and charred after reentry(I think?).

So! my computer returned to me not half an hour ago! Look for the ressurection of the Tantares Solar Wind Sample Return Mission. It seems to have been popular enough here that It will be my first mission in KSP 1.0. (Hopefully SXT has been updated as well, the probe had many parts from that pack, like the return capsule.)

The heatshields are just extra parts, nothing changing on capsules :)

I would like to see the conclusion of that mission, that's a pleasant return!

No worries, many thanks for the fix! :)

after the first few launches playing with tantares in 1.0 here are my thoughts

the V2 while a great way to safely clear speed altitude and distance world record contracts without accidentally bbq'ing a kerbal on the new atmospheric heating has this tendency to want to naturally fly butt first when out of fuel and falling. perhaps if more drag was given to the engine part? or if the winglets were separated from the engine?

Also the vostok is in desperate need of its revamp that .6 mass decoupler and tiny part spam is killing me career wise (if only there was something to smooth out the hop between unmanned sounding rocket and orbital manned rocket... perhaps recreate the soviet animals in space experiments?)

finally does anyone have some numbers on real world material densities and weights? I can't tell if stock decouplers are too light (0.05 for the first decoupler) or tantares decouplers are too dense (0.25 and 0.09 for the first decouplers not counting the infamous 0.6'er)

Vostok is on the road for a revamp, it is true! Consensus is that 0.6 is too much!

So that will all get fixed... near in the future.

V2, thanks for the info, I haven't tried it.

I'll take a look and try to make it fall nose first.

Any plans on adding more IVA's?

All in good time! :)

Next up is VA.

Hello!

Needs to be changed, for now you will have to remove the default DDS and put the MBM in its place.