[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, Beale said:

No problem, here is an example craft-file.

QjqCdL3.png
0LbK8B7.png

Haha! I removed the Alnair inscription as I was unsure of the Cyrillic spelling, if Альнаир is correct, I will use that for sure.

You are awesome!  Thanks.  I found the strap on boosters and I believe I found the correct engines but I am happy to have a craft file to be sure I assembled it all correctly.  My ship has what seemed like way to much DV.  I was getting to a 300km plus orbit before exhausting the first core stage lol.

Edited by ctbram

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

You are awesome!  Thanks.  I found the strap on boosters and I believe I found the correct engines but I am happy to have a craft file to be sure I assembled it all correctly.  My ship has what seemed like way to much DV.  I was getting to a 300km plus orbit before exhausting the first core stage lol.

Great!

Yeah, every craft is overpowered somewhat (Actually they are balanced pretty reasonably against the vanilla parts, so you can say they're overpowered also).

From the first page:

Q. Why are the rockets overpowered?
A. They are balanced against stock parts, as to not be intentionally useless. See here for a more lifelike experience.

47 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Here's my attempt at TKS. Can't wait for the new VA!

Fantastic! :) 

Always love to see the TKS fly.

I am working on the solar panels as we speak.

30 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Is this spacecraft inspired by any real concept? I've never seen anything like this and I'd love to read more about it!

It actually is, the proposed replacement for the Progress, TGK-PG.

Edited by Beale

12 hours ago, Beale said:

Boggo boggo.

Me luv me doggo.

Salyut 6 / 7 Very soon! Planning to release a forward section for next version (Kvant-2 airlock in this picture).

Are you going to make the Salyut 7 supplemental solar panels? 

KRUCo2q.jpg

Number 8

5 hours ago, Hay said:

Are you going to make the Salyut 7 supplemental solar panels? 

KRUCo2q.jpg

Number 8

There's a certain gap in the texture, read-between-the-lines of that what you will :wink: 

eZxG0zr.png

The end result is pretty neat. And should be reasonable in accuracy. 

krClGEE.pngriTovbV.png

Edited by Beale

Hello, Beale! Those Launchers and spacecraft are cool! But, with all modesty, don't you think that the exhaust simulation of engines are looking incorrect? For example In BDB i seen, IMHO, correct correlation of particle speed, atm. pressure, altitude etc. I am not familiar with smoke screen and real plume, so i can't  do it myself.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Hello from Russia and therefore sorry for bad english.

22 minutes ago, G_Force080491 said:

Hello, Beale! Those Launchers and spacecraft are cool! But, with all modesty, don't you think that the exhaust simulation of engines are looking incorrect? For example In BDB i seen, IMHO, correct correlation of particle speed, atm. pressure, altitude etc. I am not familiar with smoke screen and real plume, so i can't  do it myself.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Hello from Russia and therefore sorry for bad english.

Hello!

Better exhausts will be on their way soon, thanks to @DerpyFirework has very kindly merged some configs into the Github. As the Proton release is next, you should see them then :) 

mUPplyF.png Kebinium M2 seen from the approaching Tantares.
grNFI0H.png Docking is now down to a fine art... With a lot of wasted fuel.
1FPlvzT.jpg A cool clean docking.
eQTZXwG.jpg "Let's make this a short EVA, yeah? Alright?"
Y27KPj0.png Seanbin grabs the tools from the "Pig" spacecraft that arrived shortly before. They are warm.
3zJ3FZ9.png A little docking light and goo experiment are installed on the front of the station.
ljnxRkd.png Last task of the day, the orbital motors from the power module are scarpped and brought aboard the Tantares to be returned to Kerbin.
OP2I8WN.png The light stays on always. The crew begin to riot through sleep loss.
mCKL3Ku.png The dutiful pig begins its journey home (to a fiery ocean grave), two ports free at the station? The crew are ready to receive visitors...

Meanwhile...

dWns8E8.png The first landing on Minmus is achieved by a stripped-down LK lander, modified for radio control. 
GcyAFq3.png A view from the onboard camera, surface resource readings indicate 4.2% (We do not know what this means, but are happy otherwise).

I've said it once, Baele, and I'll say it again... whenever I see your work, I just want to open up Blender and resume work on one of the rockets or spacecraft that I'm working on. Very inspiring work, Baele, and we all appreciate it!

1 hour ago, fallout2077 said:

I've said it once, Baele, and I'll say it again... whenever I see your work, I just want to open up Blender and resume work on one of the rockets or spacecraft that I'm working on. Very inspiring work, Baele, and we all appreciate it!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, fallout2077 said:

Don't be lazy. Contribute to the cause.

1 hour ago, cxg2827 said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Don't be lazy. Contribute to the cause.

I actually opened up a thread a couple of years ago announcing my desire to release a mod composed of varying probe parts, but the lack of more recent tutorials and the like made the whole process overwhelming, and I quickly gave the project up. Plus, you have amazing artists such as Baele, Raider Nick, you two, and Frizzank (even though he left the modding scene a long while ago, if I'm correct) creating and providing us with a plethora of beautiful KSP parts mods and plugins that it made my efforts practically redundant. Also, my main area of art is 3D Modeling; my original texture creation leaves alot to be desired. I don't know, though, seeing posts like yours also inspire me a great deal.

Maybe I'll make a new thread asking folks which areas of KSP are in need of improvement and fill the niche with some addons of my own. I'd ask here, but I don't want to populate Baele's thread with the answers that would follow.

I opened up a new thread asking for the community's opinion on what should be improved and added to the game. I hope to garner some informative responses!

Edited by fallout2077
New Info

9 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

I actually opened up a thread a couple of years ago announcing my desire to release a mod composed of varying probe parts, but the lack of more recent tutorials and the like made the whole process overwhelming, and I quickly gave the project up. Plus, you have amazing artists such as Baele, Raider Nick, you two, and Frizzank (even though he left the modding scene a long while ago, if I'm correct) creating and providing us with a plethora of beautiful KSP parts mods and plugins that it made my efforts practically redundant. Also, my main area of art is 3D Modeling; my original texture creation leaves alot to be desired. I don't know, though, seeing posts like yours also inspire me a great deal.

Maybe I'll make a new thread asking folks which areas of KSP are in need of improvement and fill the niche with some addons of my own. I'd ask here, but I don't want to populate Baele's thread with the answers that would follow.

I opened up a new thread asking for the community's opinion on what should be improved and added to the game. I hope to garner some informative responses!

In the time to type that, you can start making a model or reading tutorials, that's my advice.

Don't be a slave to what people want, or what others have already done. Make an Apollo, or make a Soyuz - or something completely different. It will be crap, but then, you make it again and it will be better and better.

Asking what others want is a trap, you will lose interest, make something you want to make.

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Beale said:

In the time to type that, you can start making a model or reading tutorials, that's my advice.

Don't be a slave to what people want, or what others have already done. Make an Apollo, or make a Soyuz - or something completely different. It will be crap, but then, you make it again and it will be better and better.

Asking what others want is a trap, you will lose interest, make something you want to make.

Thanks for the valuable advice, Baele! I couldn't agree more with everything that you said... I just have the question in the back of my mind, "Why would anybody download what has already been created and revised so many times?".

As stated above, I can't thank you enough for the priceless advice!

59 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

"Why would anybody download what has already been created and revised so many times?"

This doesn't matter... you're making it for yourself. Why are you worried about what others think?

Practice, and it will be worth downloading because you'll have the best thing around. Stop asking these anxiety questions and get your butt into gear! 

357px-Uncle_Sam_%28pointing_finger%29.jpg

There are at least 5 Soyuz mods in KSP I know of. Some I like more and some I like less, diversity is good! I imagine Tantares/Contares is appealing to the stock KSP crowd while Raidernicks stuff is more appealing to the RSS crows. To each its own! Make something, have fun and ppl will like it!

1 hour ago, Beale said:

This doesn't matter... you're making it for yourself. Why are you worried about what others think?

Practice, and it will be worth downloading because you'll have the best thing around. Stop asking these anxiety questions and get your butt into gear! 

357px-Uncle_Sam_%28pointing_finger%29.jpg

Yes, sir, will do!

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

There are at least 5 Soyuz mods in KSP I know of. Some I like more and some I like less, diversity is good! I imagine Tantares/Contares is appealing to the stock KSP crowd while Raidernicks stuff is more appealing to the RSS crows. To each its own! Make something, have fun and ppl will like it!

Now that you mention it, I was using HomeGrown Rockets for a while until Tantares came along... the issues that I had with HGR (in terms of bugs and my distaste for the sizes unique to those parts alone) pushed me towards Tantares. My plan would be to make parts that are more complex in terms of their geometry (somewhat like the Saturn V F1 Engine that used to be a suggested mod with RO).