[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

14 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Off course you're the boss here! So @Deltac??

I separate thread would probably help us both out and make us feel more special!  And provide a single place to put the download link so people don't have to hunt through the topic.  You wanna go ahead and make the thread?

12 minutes ago, Deltac said:

I separate thread would probably help us both out and make us feel more special!  And provide a single place to put the download link so people don't have to hunt through the topic.  You wanna go ahead and make the thread?

hahaha +1 about feeling special. So, about the name? Tantares Paintshop? I Pimp Your Soyuz? :sticktongue:

2 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

hahaha +1 about feeling special. So, about the name? Tantares Paintshop? I Pimp Your Soyuz? :sticktongue:

Paintares?  xD  Though "Pimp My Soyuz" has a certain appeal.

hmm.... yeah, "Pimp My Soyuz" just has that bite!

After some fine tuning (probably needs more but :P) I give you Delli's Tantrums!  Tantares, Tantrums.  Get it?  8D  This is the pre-release until Drakenex gets back to me about a thread and his files and what kind of ducks we want guarding our thread.

Delli's Tantrum Download Link

Salyut Screenies:

Spoiler

PPkkEj7.pngPla8ubh.pnglQkYJ9H.pngICXjCtI.pngJob4P5Z.pngVmTHfIX.png

Installation:
Put the Delli_Alt folder in your Gamedata folder.  Make sure you have the latest Firespitter and Module Manager installed.

Uninstallation:
Delete the Delli_Alt folder.  Now dance!

License:
I recolored Beale's textures, so it's the same license as Beale.

Parts Affected:
H-CA1 Avionics Hub
H-FS1 Forward Section
H-PC1 Propellant Control Block
H-PC2 Propellant Control Block
V-SA7 Crewed Block
E-1RK Stern Crew Module
E-AB6 Midsection Crew Module
A-B10 Crewed Block
E-8E4 Power Bank
A-S12 Large MonoPropellant Tank
A-S10 Small MonoPropellant Tank
LR-ET9 "Kampoks" Rocket Motor
LT-Z18 "Sverdstav" Rocket Motor
LV-NDF Rocket Propellant Tank
LV-15N "Komfyr" Rocket Motor

Edited by Deltac

23 minutes ago, Deltac said:

After some fine tuning (probably needs more but :P) I give you Delli's Tantrums!  Tantares, Tantrums.  Get it?  8D  This is the pre-release until Drakenex gets back to me about a thread and his files and what kind of ducks we want guarding our thread.

Delli's Tantrum Download Link

Really beautiful, nice consistent alternate colours, you will make a lot of people happy!

Many thanks for your work on this.

Progress:

f9XDWb7.pngstill lacking detail but continues.
mmxhL6v.png

Edited by Beale

@Beale, just a random thought. What if the decouplers for the N-1 got an upgrade in heat resistance so that they wouldn't explode the moment you fire the next stage engines into them? After all, those open-girder segments are meant for not exploding stuff by hot-staging IRL, so it would be nice if the decouplers played along.

39 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

@Beale, just a random thought. What if the decouplers for the N-1 got an upgrade in heat resistance so that they wouldn't explode the moment you fire the next stage engines into them? After all, those open-girder segments are meant for not exploding stuff by hot-staging IRL, so it would be nice if the decouplers played along.

Either this, or some ablator to take the heat for a few seconds.

@DJ Reonic, well, if we go esoteric, we can come up with anything up to and including making a big hole in the hitbox (because hey, BDB Saturn interstages are rings, so why shoulldn't Tantares decouplers be ones?) But I guess that's just more cumbersome than editing one line in the config :)

50 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

@DJ Reonic, well, if we go esoteric, we can come up with anything up to and including making a big hole in the hitbox (because hey, BDB Saturn interstages are rings, so why shoulldn't Tantares decouplers be ones?) But I guess that's just more cumbersome than editing one line in the config :)

Apparently the decouplers in the Making History expansion also have hollow colliders, thought i believe that's more for shenanigans (think the Ml1 Structural Fuselage and what people get up to with that) than for the purposes we are describing. 

18 minutes ago, kopapaka said:

Decoupler and built-in rocket separator?

Nonono. Hot staging, spent stage being pushed away by the next stage's engines - and not exploding. That's the whole trick.

On a side note, this would make perfect sense to pull apart the "yellow" and "red" decoupler lines, which are virtually identical now.

Edited by TK-313

19 hours ago, Deltac said:

The Soyuz rocket engine, he's experimenting with verniers being detachable.

Salyut 1 in full operation! o7

hCnxwuW.png

Beautiful!

The colours really make a difference :) 

8 hours ago, TK-313 said:

It would be really nice, thanks all above for ideas. Currently hot-staging in Tantares is...

12 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

On a side note, this would make perfect sense to pull apart the "yellow" and "red" decoupler lines, which are virtually identical now.

Yes! This has been long overdue.

AJc6bVd.png
GA7Q3dZ.png

Před 21 minutami uvedl TK-313:

Nonono. Hot staging, spent stage being pushed away by the next stage's engines - and not exploding. That's the whole trick.

Yes.
But this is a KSP, not a real world ...
For example, solid (SOYUZ) solar panels. They are not fun in KSP.

Edited by kopapaka

I like the exploding decuplers, I just wish they exploded a fraction of a second later. It reminds me of a Titan II's hot staging. As the second stage lights the open girders allow the exhaust to escape for a short time before being annihilated as the engine gets up to full power. Video below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPBkZNMM_IUg&ved=0ahUKEwjE_uPAzfTXAhULpZQKHZmICRMQwqsBCCMwAA&usg=AOvVaw2TpLA47vAF2IQVbDwDD2d6