[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

9 minutes ago, HooHungLow said:

Nice! What booster engine are you using? Either way, my Polyus beats your Polyus. 

4RYsZwL.pngWEFCrOC.pngnPXx8MX.png

Whoa, what are those Energia boosters/Polyus from? Contares? Old Tantares? Pretty cool, whatever they're from.

7 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Nice! What booster engine are you using? Either way, my Polyus beats your Polyus. 

Custom painted Soyuz + old AB launchers nose cone and engine. And yes, very nice Polyus there!

A friend just told me that the Polyous was actually launched head down, so the TKS derived module under the fairing actually have the engine, while the aft part is the laser aperture!

Now beat my Buran

DoxNt4z.png

Who's the boss now? :P

kqg56Gp.png

Edited by Drakenex

How old are the craft files from the OP? I just tried them out and there's a lot of gaps and clipping and such. On the Almaz some of the antennae are pointed in the wrong direction, where if you extend them they just extend inside the craft itself. I want to make the Mir station but I think I'll have to rebuild the modules.

Edit: With the parachute problem and this question I feel like I'm starting to sound like that guy... I promise I'm not trying to be a pain

Edited by ddavis425

11 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Whoa, what are those Energia boosters/Polyus from? Contares? Old Tantares? Pretty cool, whatever they're from.

Thanks! Contares Polyus, scaled up slightly. 

9 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Custom painted Soyuz + old AB launchers nose cone and engine. And yes, very nice Polyus there!

A friend just told me that the Polyous was actually launched head down, so the TKS derived module under the fairing actually have the engine, while the aft part is the laser aperture!

Now beat my Buran

Lol, not bad. I raise you, one Vulkan. 

LPB5qAJ.png 

23 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Question here... Will the Energia pack eventually include a big bad payload bay? For, you know, the Energia-2:

gk175-13.jpg

I think that one is a little out of scope, but you can get it in Near Future as mentioned also.

18 hours ago, Drakenex said:

kqg56Gp.png

That's really stunning!

11 hours ago, ddavis425 said:

How old are the craft files from the OP? I just tried them out and there's a lot of gaps and clipping and such. On the Almaz some of the antennae are pointed in the wrong direction, where if you extend them they just extend inside the craft itself. I want to make the Mir station but I think I'll have to rebuild the modules.

Edit: With the parachute problem and this question I feel like I'm starting to sound like that guy... I promise I'm not trying to be a pain

They are actually quite old, I will get to update them soon enough.

Giving the VA some updates.

vMqFKSc.png
dVTdLHj.png

14 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Thanks! Contares Polyus, scaled up slightly. 

Lol, not bad. I raise you, one Vulkan. 

LPB5qAJ.png 

yzYLDFd.png

Contains less than 5% of non-tantares/Beale ingredients.

5 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Both @Drakenex and @HooHungLow should probably check their speech for a slight russian accent after posting these :D

Nope, never gonna happen my comr ... err friend, (sips vodka), nyet! никогда!!!!

On 4/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Drakenex said:

Now beat my Buran

DoxNt4z.png

VFhslBb.jpg

I am:D:sticktongue:

Edited by Abpilot

2 hours ago, ddavis425 said:

I finished building my Mir replica. I didn't really like how the craft files in the OP were designed so I rebuilt them. I spent so many hours last night staring at reference photos...

d07ce7f3e0.pngecd01af040.png1876be1787.pngMir_Space_Station_viewed_from_Endeavour_

Absolutely amazing! 

Hi guys,

I am playing

so I wanted to scale LV parts for it. Because I am lazy I've created a simple script in dart.

https://gist.github.com/swavkulinski/76b08c81ba0681f7e6699a12e086f42e

to run it copy it into

https://dartpad.dartlang.org/ and run, it will generate scales.

I think only thing which needs manual edit is a TLV_0_Fin_1 because it should be free scale.

21 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Where's the Kliper from? Did I totally miss that? (likely Yes hehe)

Contares. But keep in mind that most of Contares' spaceplanes are really hard to control since they use overpowered reaction wheels instead of aerodynamic control surfaces.

Edited by notJebKerman

18 hours ago, ddavis425 said:

1876be1787.png

Very nice recreation! Did you build it in parts or is it a whole craft?

2 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

they use overpowered reaction wheels instead of aerodynamic control surfaces.

@hraban why :D 

Heatshield!

PUGrKrT.png
2r0VaUS.png

19 minutes ago, Beale said:
2 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

they use overpowered reaction wheels instead of aerodynamic control surfaces.

@hraban why :D 

I've said so many times that i will not repeat it.  Who wants to read it in the old post of Contares.