[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Feedback on the new vostok capsule :

Re-entry is SIGNIFICANTLY less dangerous than with the old one. High five.

If anyone is having trouble, just set your peri to 30km as a re-entry angle, works great for any aps below about 500km , you'll slow down with PLENTY of time to pop the 'chute

20 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Maybe a future thing could be the voskhod,  with 2 very cramped seats,  or 3 very,  very cramped seats!

Yes, Voskhod (2 crew) is actually on the way!

7 hours ago, PeshBuilds said:

@Bealewhat should I use form the two mods as the LRB motor for the energia and to connect them

For now, just the stock strong decouplers (With autostrut to heaviest part).
I am looking into a custom part with the recovery materials.

TT38K_flat.png

41 minutes ago, Horus said:

@Beale, please correct me if I'm wrong - the ATV & Cygnus were permanently removed from the mod or are subjected to be reviewed and added sometimes later?

Removed permanently.

The Cygnus and Antares were adopted by @damonvv, who has plans to upfurb them and re-release.

The ATV is sill up for adoption!

iCJdMpq.png
6zChW3D.png

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, PeshBuilds said:

@Beale what should I use for the engine for the liquid rocket boosters

Should be the RD-170 like this (Left). I will release craft files soon.

gYrDs04.jpg

Vostok (now with fairings).

mfgYmCb.png
SKiRsJN.png
P603mYX.png
XIbPWsO.png

h6t6cys.png

Edited by Beale

YFpU5Yf.png

Version 12.0

This is a fun little update, containing the Vostok, VA revamp and LK-1 parachute parts. There have also been a few little tweaks which I can't remember (But, they were probably a good idea).
Of course this is a whole new craft, there might be bugs? Oversights? Balancing tweaks? Please, let me know! I will fix it.

Thanks @DiscoSlelge for the awesome art and banner logo! Damn son!

Thanks @TK-313 for his great ongoing effort in Russian translation!

And another thanks to  @Zorg for the new USI-LS patch.

Spacedock is currently down, so GitHub only right now!
x0egQCR.png

New Parts Album

HMdF4Sn.png
or something less kawaii?

Edited by Beale

On 5/19/2018 at 12:25 AM, Beale said:

Wow! That is really helpful! Thank you a lot :)

I will make sure they are integratred for the next release. For the questions on balancing, hit me up on the discord server and we may talk easier. I have never used USI myself, but happy to bounce ideas across! :D 

GitHub

jBb24uY.png

Basically a fully-functional Vostok is available now. Though there are still tweaks to be made of course.
Drag cubes have been fixed to provide a sphere you can actually land - but, the capsule has no ablator so be careful... (This is not exactly accurate, but a balance effect).

The full release is not too far away, but I am eager to have Energia and Zenit released first. Blok E upper stage will follow. And then another upper stage...
Further Energia and Zenit parts are down the line, notably the recovery kit and adapters to other sizes (The fairing is a pretty okay universal adapter in the meantime).

xODXkaS.jpg
W9z5zTq.png

I would be happy to work with him together on USI-LS patches and probably TAC-LS if he does not mind. Also I could help with modeling ant texturing.

Edited by kremonia

Awesome update ! Looking forward for this vostok hat, very nice OP and many thanks for the ping ! :)

17 hours ago, Beale said:

FLFNnOE.png

edit : have you planed to do the voskhod eva tube then ?

Edited by DiscoSlelge

Ah, those soviets. What a talent for designing craft that were both ugly and beautiful at the same time. 

@Beale when and if you have the time, you could consider using the vostok capsule as a basis for a 'zenith'-like unmanned probe, with a science experiment (intel photos?). Actually, it is there in 'vostok continued' (dont know if the idea was yours in the first place, or the other player who adopted the mod came up with it). It's a great idea, and I would imagine, not too hard since if probably uses 90% of the artwork of the vostok model. 

4 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Ah, those soviets. What a talent for designing craft that were both ugly and beautiful at the same time. 

@Beale when and if you have the time, you could consider using the vostok capsule as a basis for a 'zenith'-like unmanned probe, with a science experiment (intel photos?). Actually, it is there in 'vostok continued' (dont know if the idea was yours in the first place, or the other player who adopted the mod came up with it). It's a great idea, and I would imagine, not too hard since if probably uses 90% of the artwork of the vostok model. 

Contares has a Zenith Unmanned Probe:

Edited by Cheesecake

12 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

edit : have you planed to do the voskhod eva tube then ?

It could be done.

11 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Yep, this is planned along with Voskhod.

gFj3h5R.png
aZxkEzl.png

6 hours ago, Beale said:

It could be done.

gFj3h5R.png

New TKS part? I like. Do I spy some FGB re-texturing as well?

Speaking of the VA capsule, do we have all the parts to put together the LK-1?

I'm a bit confused as to how that craft actually works. Does it still have an engine when the solar panels are deployed, with an Apollo-esque service module? Or is that cylinder habitable space? What the heck is that sphere/disk on the bottom? A mount for the solar panels? A funky Soviet engine? Both?

lk1small.jpg

3 hours ago, Derb said:

New TKS part? I like. Do I spy some FGB re-texturing as well?

Speaking of the VA capsule, do we have all the parts to put together the LK-1?

I'm a bit confused as to how that craft actually works. Does it still have an engine when the solar panels are deployed, with an Apollo-esque service module? Or is that cylinder habitable space? What the heck is that sphere/disk on the bottom? A mount for the solar panels? A funky Soviet engine? Both?

lk1small.jpg

Yes, it still has a service module. There is an engine in there for course corrections and re-entry alignment, but the mission profile was to shoot it on a free-return-trajectory so it wouldn't need a lot of fuel carried for the trip.

10 hours ago, Beale said:

It could be done.

gFj3h5R.png
aZxkEzl.png

@Beale Good eye! The TKS decoupler is a part I have been wanting for a long time. The other TKS/VA thing we need is the radial engines. I use the Contares ones at the moment, but I would love to see your take on them.