[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I propose calling the first stage engine the Semorkya-7 "Nikolai", with the upper stages being the Semorkya-8 Natasha (3rd stage) and Semorkya-8A Sasha (2nd stage) respectively. The boosters can be the Semorkya-7A "Mikhail".

Looks great!!!!! :D
That R7 looks great.

Thanks! :)

I suggest "Propellator-CEM(b)" name for booster engine, where CEM(B) means "civilian edition of missile, booster stage". Don't blame me, I just like lame puns.

I like the name, in fact I've adopted it :)

The Tavio CEM(B) and the Tavio CEM© will be the two engines powering this thing.

Wow progress is moving along nicely. Looks awesome. Is that a procedural fairings on the front?

How will the LES work or will there not be one?

The LES will work as usual with pFairings - A secondary fairing base above the payload with the attached LES... Eh, is a little hard for me to put this into words, I'll try and make an image :)

Hey beale, look at this!

Prospective Russian HLVs

Interesting summary of the options, thankyou :)

I'm not so keen on the Angara, I'm more for good looking rocket over function... Different configs of the Energia are interesting to see.

You will add the separate Vostok 3rd stage? Because Vostok and Soyuz used different 3rd stages. And I am a great fan of Vostok 3rd stage!

Ya, also the Vostok engine needs a different fairing, the current one is a placeholder.

I have this idea for the LLV (or a family, to be exact):

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/kaskad/kaskad_family_1.jpg

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/kaskad.html

Comes in variants of 2, 3, 4, and 6 boosters. The fifth one's got a beefed up upper stage. Figure you should give a shot at that.

Never heard of these... Would make a decent 3.75m rocket, thanks :)

instead of just stripes, I think you should do solid color at the base of the boosters.

I tried that at first, in my opinion it clashes with other parts far too much. As you don't see areas of solid colour really anywhere else in stock parts.

So (for now) I'll keep it striped. :)

Related...

CEM© engine, the one powering the upper stage (and the core, maybe?).

Thrust (Around 190KN ?)

ISP (380?)

To further the kind of LV-T-30/45 analogue, I wanted this to be very similar to the other one, but with a few (not so subtle) indicators that it is different.

f1ca5fd49f.jpg

454bfc6c87.jpg

1a96e9efa8.jpg

3cee79489c.jpg

Edited by Beale

Looking so amazing!!!! Can't wait for this to come out :D

Thanks!

Maybe soon...

Thanks. Something a bit like ...

Amazing, beautiful, perfect ...

Another test SSTO ...

Next time, maybe R-7. :D

Nice little craft! And nice docking! :cool:

How can I switch textures to white to Green?
Same here, I installed the EXTRA config file for Firespitter, the option for next color is showing but it does nothing.

Yeah, sorry guys, alternate textures have been broken since 0.25, I haven't had the time to fix them.

Beale, you know that the soyuz rockets are painted kaki but appear white due to ice (the first R-7 versions where painted white).

However, these are some fine looking rockets!

For real?

This is all ice?

p16.jpg

The more you know, I guess :D

Well, the colour can always be changed later :)

Soyuz Launch Test

The FT-800 is functionally identical to the final fuel tank I still need to make.

No LES yet, I like to live dangerously.

Straightforward mission. The whole assembly had around 6,500m/s of Delta V.

I expect it will have quite a bit less when the LES and vernier systems are added.

57a1fa13e3.jpg

c957f44570.jpg

97871f08e7.jpg

a5541b362e.jpg

a8277b5bb2.jpg

Spooky Moonbase

949e63b6d5.jpg

Edited by Beale

For real?

This is all ice?

http://i.usatoday.net/tech/gallery/2009/twis/twis_090529/p16.jpg

The more you know, I guess :D

Well, the colour can always be changed later :)

Yes, most of the white colour comes from ice buildup on the side of the rocket due to the propellant being stored at sub-zero temperatures.

sputnik_launcher_2.jpg

Ok, this launcher should be white back in the days, but it was the only picture i could find with the launcher in the right colour scheme as most others make the rocket look more like grey-ish.

Edited by MK3424

All that white is due to icing? Wow. TIL. Here's a better launch picture showing the phenomenon in a bit more detail for those of you who are interested: 4G4fd.jpg

Beale, have you played around with an orange accented paint scheme at all yet? The orange would normally be applied to the upper orbital insertion stage, but I can see you're trying not to create another tank to reduce redundancy. I think the existing accents could be more prominent frankly at some point, be they green or orange. I really like them.

Great work, as always. Tantares has always been one of my favorite parts packs. You've got great design logic and sensibility. Less is more. :)

Yes, most of the white colour comes from ice buildup on the side of the rocket due to the propellant being stored at sub-zero temperatures.

http://www.spaceistheplace.ca/sputnik_launcher_2.jpg

Ok, this launcher should be white back in the days, but it was the only picture i could find with the launcher in the right colour scheme as most others make the rocket look more like grey-ish.

Pretty sure only the original R7's were khaki because of the whole being an intercontinental ballistic missile while modern ones do have a variety of colours
All that white is due to icing? Wow. TIL. Here's a better launch picture showing the phenomenon in a bit more detail for those of you who are interested: http://i.stack.imgur.com/4G4fd.jpg

Beale, have you played around with an orange accented paint scheme at all yet? The orange would normally be applied to the upper orbital insertion stage, but I can see you're trying not to create another tank to reduce redundancy. I think the existing accents could be more prominent frankly at some point, be they green or orange. I really like them.

Great work, as always. Tantares has always been one of my favorite parts packs. You've got great design logic and sensibility. Less is more. :)

It is remarkable... I suppose Liquid oxygen is kinda cold.

So I have taken another look at colour schemes, here is the changes:

cdb8620c59.jpg38165b498f.jpg

I think orange in block colour is less clashing with stock as green in block colour. As orange is already used on a lot of the engine parts. So all is A-ok!

The whole rocket is only using two textures, so large changes to the design of the UV map are a little tricky.

d49957b1ef.jpg

@curtquarquesso

Thank you!

The existing accents that are on a few parts could be made more noticeable, yes. :)

I've had a fair amount of feedback on the general colour scheme (or lack of it), so I am looking to inject a bit more colour in some places.

Edited by Beale

It is remarkable... I suppose Liquid oxygen is kinda cold.

So I have taken another look at colour schemes, here is the changes:

http://puu.sh/cUNEV/cdb8620c59.jpghttp://puu.sh/cUNGs/38165b498f.jpg

I think orange in block colour is less clashing with stock as green in block colour. As orange is already used on a lot of the engine parts. So all is A-ok!

The whole rocket is only using two textures, so large changes to the design of the UV map are a little tricky.

http://puu.sh/cUO7G/d49957b1ef.jpg

@curtquarquesso

Thank you!

The existing accents that are on a few parts could be made more noticeable, yes. :)

I've had a fair amount of feedback on the general colour scheme (or lack of it), so I am looking to inject a bit more colour in some places.

Why are you using stock capsule?

Anyway, so you just miss Vostok 3rd stage?

And maybe you can add a bit more probes to the pack?

That would be awesome.

Why are you using stock capsule?

Anyway, so you just miss Vostok 3rd stage?

And maybe you can add a bit more probes to the pack?

That would be awesome.

Ehm... I am not sure, in that case.

Vostok stage - not done yet.

I am more or less in a position to release, it all works right now.

Still need to do:

-part prices.

-LES.

-Verniers(Maybe not needed?).

Probes - I am interested, maybe in a science probe. Ehm, but maybe dedicated probe building packs provide a better experience :)

I think this color scheme fits to your other parts well. The Almach adapter is also orange like. I also prefer the white on most of the fuel tank rather than the grey.

Thankyou :)

I agree, when taking other parts into consideration.

Interesting, you can see the colour really well there.

So, is it due to the storage of LOX, or the lovely Russian weather?