[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

56 minutes ago, Beale said:

Ohhhh, well actually it is the LK-1 ahahaha.

lk1small.jpg

There is the extra drogue which will also have a node, so you can still make the LK-700.

Similar, but slightly different. Likely based on some of the same modules. The LK-700 was supposed to have these odd folding legs which I haven't found a substitute for in KSP, but most of the other parts are workable.

lk700.jpg

42 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Checking out the LK-700 photos...

Is it me or the sides of the dish on top actually fold when concealed under the LES? Because I see no other way for it to fit there.

I suspect it folded up, its also possible (though less likely) that the dish folded down on the "back side" of the capsule or something.

44 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

I suspect it folded up, its also possible (though less likely) that the dish folded down on the "back side" of the capsule or something.

Well, I seriously doubt it folded upward, because the photo shows the dish has a solid central part and segmented sides. To me, it looks much like they are the collapsible part of the dish, folding inwards.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

The drogue chute has a 0.625m top node, by the way, it is an inline parachute exactly like the existing Soyuz, TKS parachutes.

jmKwqoJ.png
lhrlsak.png

PERFECT!!

This is going to fill an ENORMOUS hole in the 'chute parts lineup, thank you so much!
Looking forward to the release :-)

8 hours ago, Beale said:

The drogue chute has a 0.625m top node, by the way, it is an inline parachute exactly like the existing Soyuz, TKS parachutes.

Thanks for that, great idea and great work !! :)

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

Never!

I can't believe you did this. :0.0:
I am super impressed, and I am asking for a court order to keep you 100m away at all times.

I kind of want to try this...

OGOq1R3.png
13KWuHQ.jpg