[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, Deltac said:

Putin Sputnik into space.

Perfect timing to see this:

I put on Public Service Broadcasting's song Sputnik, get an urge to launch sputnik, so I proceed to check the forums to look for the R7 launcher files, and what's the first thing I see?

Looks beautiful; what part have you used for the satellite itself?

9 hours ago, wallum61 said:

what part have you used for the satellite itself?

5 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Very nice! What probe are you using? 

Using tweakscaled versions of this stuff: 

6 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

your new profile pic is throwing me off big time

I'm full of Shwibbly Glib-a-kind!

My attempt at an Energia Vulkan:

0tGUofih.jpg

7HZTYu9h.png

mbmLzf6h.png

Booster separation is a little explody although the core is OK. need to tweak.

fMnAdxXh.png

Yv4e2yth.png

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

I'm testing Liquid hydrogen MM config for RD-0120s. Work well on Energia-Buran in 2.5x so far.

The config reduced the thrust to 70% of original, but have higher Isp based on the real engine.

config file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1ygecm9kc5su5m/EnergiaLH2.cfg?dl=0

Nice! Was thinking of doing this for myself when I saw this. This config seems ok at stock scale too with the Energia+Buran. although the boosters can now carry the whole thing into orbit before separation. I should be able to increase payload mass now though as a result. Overall delta V is reduced due to the lower density of LH2 in the core unless I stretch the centre core (which isnt needed really). I might need to tweak the craft a bit to account for new CoM balance too but I think I might stick with this config. Anyway thanks for making this!

Edited by Zorg

On 6/2/2018 at 7:16 AM, Pulsar said:

I'm testing Liquid hydrogen MM config for RD-0120s. Work well on Energia-Buran in 2.5x so far.

The config reduced the thrust to 70% of original, but have higher Isp based on the real engine.

dJUDF8q.png

config file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1ygecm9kc5su5m/EnergiaLH2.cfg?dl=0

Great patch! I will be using this personally. :)
What's more, great craft! 

On 6/2/2018 at 8:05 AM, Zorg said:

My attempt at an Energia Vulkan:

0tGUofih.jpg

Booster separation is a little explody although the core is OK. need to tweak.

Yv4e2yth.png

That's awesome!
What a beast , I am pretty happy it looks like you could build it without too much headache.

A couple of new Energia parts, as well as some texture cleanups should be on the way soon.

BLzSDYg.jpg

8 hours ago, ARTOBAN said:

Can you add energia buran craft file ?

I will look to make a stock MK3 one soon (Or @pulsar may share his? :wink: ), if you have cormorant aeronology there is a great one here from @Pak

Edited by Beale

9 hours ago, Beale said:

What a beast , I am pretty happy it looks like you could build it without too much headache.

@BealeThe only small issue I had is that there is no engine shroud for the single RD-0122  engine adapter when used as the upper stage. Would be great if you could add a shroud in the future. For now the Squad 5m engine plate mounted above it is a good solution to provide an interstage shroud although I think its exclusive to Making History. I might also give a procedural fairings interstage a go, the texture might go nicer with the craft.

I also built Energia M with a Blok D upper stage inside the fiaring. Built both a version with a 3.75m stock type fairing and this one pictured here with a procedural fairing of 4.something meters which is closer to the real thing in proportions.

Edit: Come to think of it, a craft that only uses stock and tantares parts should probably have a 5m fairing instead of 3.75m.

Anyway glad to hear there are even more Energia parts coming :)

p0pJ4nwh.jpg o1Nc8xKh.jpg

bb9CbVBh.png

pad_closeup_2.jpg

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/energia_m.html

Edited by Zorg

12 hours ago, Zorg said:

@BealeThe only small issue I had is that there is no engine shroud for the single RD-0122  engine adapter when used as the upper stage. Would be great if you could add a shroud in the future. For now the Squad 5m engine plate mounted above it is a good solution to provide an interstage shroud although I think its exclusive to Making History. I might also give a procedural fairings interstage a go, the texture might go nicer with the craft.

Have you tried Decoupler Shroud? 

1 hour ago, JH4C said:

Have you tried Decoupler Shroud? 

Looks useful, I'll check it out!

1 hour ago, RocketScientist said:

Is there a way to give the crew modules supplies for TAC life support?

There is a work in progress TAC Life support pull request from someone on GitHub. You could grab that.

https://github.com/LambdaSix/Tantares/blob/9bc8c690e70635b2e5d51b7df203467f70ba001f/GameData/Tantares/Patches/TacLS/Supplies.cfg

15 hours ago, Zorg said:

I also built Energia M with a Blok D upper stage inside the fiaring. Built both a version with a 3.75m stock type fairing and this one pictured here with a procedural fairing of 4.something meters which is closer to the real thing in proportions.

Edit: Come to think of it, a craft that only uses stock and tantares parts should probably have a 5m fairing instead of 3.75m.

Anyway glad to hear there are even more Energia parts coming :)

bb9CbVBh.png

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/energia_m.html

Cool build! The second tallest Energia tank was designed for M, but I like you have made the all-white version :) 

Yep, the engines need shrouds, I should do that soon enough!

1 hour ago, RocketScientist said:

What happened to the Mir modules?

Well, it seems I know what to upload next!

7 hours ago, Beale said:

The second tallest Energia tank was designed for M, but I like you have made the all-white version :) 

Yes... that was totally my intention. It wasn't like I completely missed the existence of the medium sized tank :sticktongue:

qTOqibSh.jpg

54 minutes ago, ARTOBAN said:

how to install a file with the .cfg extension ?

Go into Notepad or Notepad++ or any other plain text editor and save your code as a .cfg file. Then just put it into a folder named e.g. 000theredtompatches and drop into your gamedata folder.

35 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale, perhaps I'm being overly specific, but is there any chance of a .9735m Kristall / Zarya node end cap in the near future?

There is no end cap, but a special version of the Mir node is already included for those modules. 

20 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

There is no end cap, but a special version of the Mir node is already included for those modules. 

Erm, I know. I meant how Kristall had a second APAS-89 port on one side and a weird bulge on the other, Zarya has a similar thing. It just looks weird leaving it blank.

57 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Erm, I know. I meant how Kristall had a second APAS-89 port on one side and a weird bulge on the other, Zarya has a similar thing. It just looks weird leaving it blank.

iVI8MzU.png

You mean like the silver cover on the topside of Zarya? I've been using the Vostok Parachute for now but I agree, would be a nice thing to have :) Maybe instead of a special version of the Mir 6-way adapter with 4 ports we could have the 6-way adapter and a part to cover the unused attachment nodes