[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

The periacope would be so nice,  if IVAs had a meaning other than cosmetic purposes!  Or if you could use "hullcam" or "kurs docking cam"  or some other docking alignment mode from the periscope's perspective. But as it is,  its merely a cosmetic part. ... too bad btw.

What are you complaining about that a part does not fulfill one or the other function if it is in your hands to make this compatible through an MM patch?

Excuse me, but it annoys me a little if always required and desired but nothing but hot air is contributed.

8 hours ago, Deltac said:

Some more points:

• @Drakenex is currently experimenting with the new texture switching, so I'll have to ask him how it is.  I've been in a KSP slump as of late, and the quality of the DLC doesn't help, so I'm no help! :D I'm assuming you wanted mesh switching as well?  That would have been nice :(
  • Does the real R7 boosters have separator rockets?  I've done something like that with the stock sepratron rockets and got a decent cross, so I don't think you have to do anything Beale.  (Though having official Tantares side separators would be nice!)

• Take your time! No movement on the mod until I get the part tools anyway speak of the devil :D .
  • It does, but I'm not sure exactly how / when they can fire. If you watch a Korolev cross there is a small burn just after the stage separation.
7 hours ago, demibear said:

I personally, the stock grey and orange schemes are nice. The other two stock are kind of eh.

Thanks for the response, I am looking at recolours now, but I am not really sure about the very dark stock green, what do you think?

Currently this is the alternate, but it's probably a little too.... blue.

hHZ4iHS.png

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

The periacope would be so nice,  if IVAs had a meaning other than cosmetic purposes!  Or if you could use "hullcam" or "kurs docking cam"  or some other docking alignment mode from the periscope's perspective. But as it is,  its merely a cosmetic part. ... too bad btw.

I would be happy to have a periscope if it could have some purpose without an additional mod (But, then I would include an MM patch to allow integration with something). Difficult choice.

I have a long requested part!

IME2ipo.png
eYkfKBE.png
9SSeXeb.png

8 minutes ago, hraban said:

What are you complaining about that a part does not fulfill one or the other function if it is in your hands to make this compatible through an MM patch?

Excuse me, but it annoys me a little if always required and desired but nothing but hot air is contributed.

We are all not speaking our native language so maybe wires are getting crossed - I think the point is it's nice to have a periscope, but needs a gameplay justification (My idea was to make the periscope a magic extending light). It only applies here, but if Contares has one that's totally respectable.

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

I would be happy to have a periscope if it could have some purpose without an additional mod (But, then I would include an MM patch to allow integration with something). Difficult choice.

IMO Hullcam would work wonderfully along with KURS - I have both :)

11 hours ago, Deltac said:

Some more points:

• @Drakenex is currently experimenting with the new texture switching, so I'll have to ask him how it is.  I've been in a KSP slump as of late, and the quality of the DLC doesn't help, so I'm no help! :D I'm assuming you wanted mesh switching as well?  That would have been nice :(

easy peasy

4 hours ago, Beale said:

We are all not speaking our native language so maybe wires are getting crossed - I think the point is it's nice to have a periscope, but needs a gameplay justification (My idea was to make the periscope a magic extending light). It only applies here, but if Contares has one that's totally respectable

Yep thats what I meant. Tantares having a periscope would be for mere eycandy reasons,  and afaik,  some of previous tantares parts  have been deprecated over time so that more space and development time was spent towards more meaningful parts. Thats why the old vostok parts were left behind,  for instance,  isnt it?

Now,  I am disconsidering hrabans remarks,  as it seems his grip of english is a little ... hmmm... dry,  but I assure he got my comments the wrong way. What he took for in my comments is not what I meant,  but I think it that much is clear.

Edited by Daniel Prates

5 hours ago, hraban said:

This is the analog autopilot that Beale forgot after the test flights :)

Solved the problem. Since the prop was a VOR-like instrument, I reasoned it must have something to do with "nav utilities", which is still not up-to-date with 1.4.

Uninstalled it and the thing went away.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:52 PM, Beale said:

Thanks for the response, I am looking at recolours now, but I am not really sure about the very dark stock green, what do you think?

Currently this is the alternate, but it's probably a little too.... blue.

hHZ4iHS.png

Thanks for the continued work. I've been exploring the New Tantares and .. WOW... the parts are great and the color/texture palate works really well with Stock and MH.

On the Green color I'd like to see something closer to an olive color myself.

Anyway...thanks again!  :) 

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for the continued work. I've been exploring the New Tantares and .. WOW... the parts are great and the color/texture palate works really well with Stock and MH.

On the Green color I'd like to see something closer to an olive color myself.

Anyway...thanks again!  :) 

Many thanks, very kind words :) 

Green, yeah I think that will be it, more like:

bOuuDiE.png

On 21/03/2018 at 1:41 AM, Drakenex said:

easy peasy 

You really outdid yourself there! Wow, it looks great!

Stock separatrons are awful cosmetically and take far too much tweaking, so any alternative that fits on the soyuz and "just works" is a non-trivial need, in my opinion.

Parts like the periscope you could set to give science points for "observation" but in my opinion not everything needs to have a stock usage. I think it's reasonable to assume a majority of people who use Tantares use it for historical reenactment rather than something like career, so at least myself would appreciate parts that exist purely for historical accuracy. That being said, Contares still exists and has some of those extras.

It's the same reason I still think there should be a patch that matches the performance of these parts rather than rescaling the system: usually I just want to fly a soyuz, not integrate it with stock.

12 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Stock separatrons are awful cosmetically and take far too much tweaking, so any alternative that fits on the soyuz and "just works" is a non-trivial need, in my opinion.

Parts like the periscope you could set to give science points for "observation" but in my opinion not everything needs to have a stock usage. I think it's reasonable to assume a majority of people who use Tantares use it for historical reenactment rather than something like career, so at least myself would appreciate parts that exist purely for historical accuracy. That being said, Contares still exists and has some of those extras.

It's the same reason I still think there should be a patch that matches the performance of these parts rather than rescaling the system: usually I just want to fly a soyuz, not integrate it with stock.

I will look into the separatrons,

I appreciate historical accurate parts, but I really do not want to alienate those who just want parts to play with, that all serve a function.

For the patch, I think @tjsnh can hook you up with something like that.

1l21t1f.png
Zmaj47B.jpg

18 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

is this being updated?

also, can we get 2.5m soviet style decouplers?

love that

It will take a while to update, but it works now AFAIK.

Don't understand 2.5m soviet style decouplers? Sorry.

3 hours ago, MrGalaxy said:

The mod are working?

I think so, are you having problems?

26 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

Which part is the one it connects to

V-KD1 Docking Mechanism (LOK port).

Heavy WIP.

3g0olG5.jpg
t8YV4QH.png