[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

12 hours ago, Derb said:

New TKS part? I like. Do I spy some FGB re-texturing as well?

Speaking of the VA capsule, do we have all the parts to put together the LK-1?

There are plans yes!

ywNGB0T.png

5 hours ago, Zorg said:

Loving the new release! Testing Energia with realplume :cool:

qFNJqKT.png

Looks stunning, integrated soon!

2 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

1527349653-20180526164423-1.jpg

The craft and ascent are classic :) Almost would not need dedicated Polyus parts almost.

keI0pNL.png
Hf9mUBI.png
rOJoPSQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Beale said:

The craft and ascent are classic :) Almost would not need dedicated Polyus parts almost.

~Snip~

I see what you did there

Looks fantastic, Tantares goes from strength to strength! Keep it up :)

Github

LK-1 parts on upload. The parachutes are missing descriptions in the current release! So I have fixed that now...
Still missing the avionics module, and potentially solar panels, but these are some neat new propulsions.

XptzPjg.png

18 minutes ago, Beale said:

Github

LK-1 parts on upload. The parachutes are missing descriptions in the current release! So I have fixed that now...
Still missing the avionics module, and potentially solar panels, but these are some neat new propulsions.

XptzPjg.png

The rate at which you've got these updates flowing out is seriously impressive. Fantastic work!

Shameless plug - going to be streaming KSP tomorrow for most of the day, starting around 10am US/EST , jump on and check out all the creative things I do with the Tantares parts! I'll be picking up career mode late vostok - early zond/soyuz era and progressing as far as I can. (Quality streaming - good mic, green screen etc)

https://www.twitch.tv/tjsnhgaming

-- Update , ran into some technical difficulties with parachutes not working. Troubleshooting that so may miss the stream today, but I do broadcast a fair amount of KSP generally.

Edited by tjsnh

3 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

So I was away for a while, did I miss anyth-holyunderstatementsbatman.

Wow Beale.

Like...

WOW!

Welcome back! I am not sure exactly how much you missed, what was the last thing I was making?

Blok-E

ooxyaIR.png
HFEbTyh.png There are markers to put the vernier rockets.
9WeJvaw.png The full assembly.

ZT5Uhmd.png
SqDoS7y.png

Edited by Beale

What could have been?

8tiISd8.png

XIq0u8r.png

I had started on my MIR using Proton launchers but I think I'll finish it using Energia+Buran :)

CbuKhzr.png

Delivering Kristall module

kMip7Je.png

Testing out the extensible airlock/docking port from Making History. Replaced the docking adapter module in the old craft file with the extensible one to enable it to fit inside the Buran payload bay.

Doing a bit of research, I found out that IRL the Kristall module was designed with the intention of docking with Buran. After Buran was cancelled, it was later adapted to dock with the American Shuttle.

dHj5nsq.png

Buran from Cormorant Aeronology of course.

Edited by Zorg

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Blok-E

~Snip~

SqDoS7y.png

So Blok E is the upper stage for Vostok, but the info on the upper stage for Voskhod seems a bit less clear. Is it just the same as the Soyuz 3rd stage? There's some mention of a Blok-L upper stage based on Molinya but this is the best image I can find 

vosklvcu.jpg

Also, any plans to do the special fairing used for Vostok and Voskhod?

bd0dbdd0fd.jpg

33 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

So Blok E is the upper stage for Vostok, but the info on the upper stage for Voskhod seems a bit less clear. Is it just the same as the Soyuz 3rd stage? There's some mention of a Blok-L upper stage based on Molinya but this is the best image I can find 

Here you go

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

What could have been?

I had started on my MIR using Proton launchers but I think I'll finish it using Energia+Buran :)

Delivering Kristall module

Testing out the extensible airlock/docking port from Making History. Replaced the docking adapter module in the old craft file with the extensible one to enable it to fit inside the Buran payload bay.

Doing a bit of research, I found out that IRL the Kristall module was designed with the intention of docking with Buran. After Buran was cancelled, it was later adapted to dock with the American Shuttle.

dHj5nsq.png

Buran from Cormorant Aeronology of course.

Wow! That is really impressive! Nice job, seriously! 

1 hour ago, TheRedTom said:

vosklvcu.jpg

Also, any plans to do the special fairing used for Vostok and Voskhod?

bd0dbdd0fd.jpg

It's quite similar, I wouldn't really think to make separate parts for it.
For the fairings, unfortunately no, it would require dependencies.

MZNOlxv.png
ysEu8A8.png

On 4/25/2018 at 7:07 AM, TK-313 said:

Just to make sure, do you right-click the fairing base or the fairing itself? Because only the fairing bases are clickable, just like the stock ones

Only now, a month later, do I realise I misunderstood your post because you misunderstood mine. I was talking about how Tantares' fairings are difficult to build in the VAB, not in-flight, they "stick", I can't seem to delete the fairing section if my cursor is in a certain place where I also can't place a section. It's difficult to explain, but should be easy to reproduce if you're trying to house a large payload in a smaller fairing.

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Welcome back! I am not sure exactly how much you missed, what was the last thing I was making?

You'd just started teasing Energia at about the time I'd packed my bags for a holiday and then forgot to come home. 10 months? Time flies.

Those Block E / Vostok parts are fantastic. I love the direction you've gone with your textures and colours.

So what's next? Briz-K/KM/M? hint hint :P

Edited by Fly Angry
Not quite as long as long as I thought

dxpCD6Q.png

LK-1 on Blok-D.

Sidenote: anyone have issues with heat shield (and sometimes engine) fairings having gaps and being off-center above decouplers? You can see it if you look closely at this image. Any idea what might be the cause?

2 hours ago, Derb said:

Sidenote: anyone have issues with heat shield (and sometimes engine) fairings having gaps and being off-center above decouplers? You can see it if you look closely at this image. Any idea what might be the cause?

I've had the issue occasionally (noticed on engine fairings) in a few different parts (none of them Tantares so far). I have 90+ mods so havent been able to narrow it down but I doubt its related to Tantares as I noticed it with Near Future parts in a 1.4.2 save before I even installed Tantares. Same issue with some BluedogDB parts yesterday in a 1.4.3 save. Perhaps we should ask around in the general support forums.

Edit: Looks like a stock bug thats been around for a while... unless yours is a separate issue. Sounds like the same thing though.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173262-was-this-engine-shroud-bug-ever-fixed/

Edited by Zorg

@Beale

HELP!!!

i installed both tantares and tantareslv i looked for the vostok at the crafts but it says that the vostok request some adromeda parts

i look for adromeda mod but it says that is a visual mod so whats the mod that missing for vostok 

Edited by tonimark

1 hour ago, tonimark said:

@Beale

i installed both tantares and tantareslv i looked for the vostok at the crafts but it says that the vostok request some adromeda parts

i look for adromeda mod but it says that is a visual mod so whats the mod that missing for vostok 

Okay first of all don't increase the font size just to get help.  It's annoying and rude.

Second of all, I just had a look at the parts for the Vostok craft file provided in the link on the first page, and there's no part with the word Andromeda.  Can you give us a screen shot of the error message?

15 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Only now, a month later, do I realise I misunderstood your post because you misunderstood mine. I was talking about how Tantares' fairings are difficult to build in the VAB, not in-flight, they "stick", I can't seem to delete the fairing section if my cursor is in a certain place where I also can't place a section. It's difficult to explain, but should be easy to reproduce if you're trying to house a large payload in a smaller fairing.

Still not sure I understand, could uow a screemshot or video maybe?

1 hour ago, tonimark said:

Download link fixed,  please re-download and try again.

On 5/26/2018 at 6:57 PM, Beale said:

XptzPjg.png

To think this could have been the first moon landing! 

Whenever I see the stage configuration for how this was supposed to have happened, I can't help to think how 'kerbal' this looks:

SAra2Nl.jpg

Its how I usually did it, when I used to play with mostly stock parts. It shows that this Russian approach was, at least, very logical. 

EDIT: Almost all other modules can easily be replicated with already extant Tantares or even stock parts. The landing legs, though... there is no in-game part that I know of, modded or not, that comes close to that. It seems an excellent approach to avoid toppling problems

Edited by Daniel Prates