[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Well said:

Second Try :

asAPpFU.jpg

Argh! Yes! Yes!

I love it, many thanks :D 

For those that do not know, Fishbone of Anime "Planetes". Small unpressurized craft to gather space debris.

planetes-junk.jpg?w=474&h=267

Almaz IVA.

YR5JAbM.png
OIi4dRV.png

For some reason, the plumes for Soyuz (rocket, not the spacecraft) in my game don't look nearly as good as they do on the images on the first page. Mine aren't that big, even though I have RealPlume installed. I checked the RealPlume-Stock folder, and there doesn't seem to be anything related to Tantares or TantaresLV, even though the description of RealPlume says it has support for Tantares :huh:

4 hours ago, space_powder said:

For some reason, the plumes for Soyuz (rocket, not the spacecraft) in my game don't look nearly as good as they do on the images on the first page. Mine aren't that big, even though I have RealPlume installed. I checked the RealPlume-Stock folder, and there doesn't seem to be anything related to Tantares or TantaresLV, even though the description of RealPlume says it has support for Tantares :huh:

Hmmm, I do not use real-plume myself, so the screenshots on the first page are from without. Do youy have a screenshot of what you experience? 
The realplume configs are within the Tantares folders themselves, rather than bundled with the realplume download :)

TkOBnFk.jpg

3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Hmmm, I do not use real-plume myself, so the screenshots on the first page are from without. Do youy have a screenshot of what you experience? 
The realplume configs are within the Tantares folders themselves, rather than bundled with the realplume download :)

hQDJXVb.png

As you can see, the plumes are barely visible at all, and they don't expand that much (except in space)

Do I rename the RealPlume configs from Tantares/Patches (and TantaresLV), and then plop 'em into RealPlume-Stock? I really don't wanna remove RealPlume, because it makes launches so much cooler, and I can't live without those beautiful, realistic plumes :(

51 minutes ago, space_powder said:

hQDJXVb.png

As you can see, the plumes are barely visible at all, and they don't expand that much (except in space)

Do I rename the RealPlume configs from Tantares/Patches (and TantaresLV), and then plop 'em into RealPlume-Stock? I really don't wanna remove RealPlume, because it makes launches so much cooler, and I can't live without those beautiful, realistic plumes :(

sure, you can remove the Tantares cfg and they should revert to the standard plumes (without having to uninstall realplume).

11 hours ago, Auricniu said:

@Beale , any chance of getting Voskhod related parts? like the airlock on the side and the extended top part.

I had began some a while ago, but there was relatively little interest

FLFNnOE.png

Would people prefer Polyus / FGB clean up, etc? 

On 8/13/2018 at 3:06 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale I understand it's still WIP, but why did you remove the Salyut docking compartment?

The plan is to deprecate the part "gracefully" so that crafts will load - but the names, descriptions, etc will tell you to get rid of it.

Are you having some issues loading craft?

Edit: Important to note, it will not appear in the VAB, you will only see it on old craft. The replacement looks like:

2VdBWzs.png

Github!

giphy.gif
Zy6qBYH.png
7nQ6Azq.png
yfpkzRM.png
XHsSBd0.png

To build Salyut

IK3k4Qi.png]

To build Almaz

s2yrsXy.png

Edited by Beale

17 minutes ago, Beale said:

The plan is to deprecate the part "gracefully" so that crafts will load - but the names, descriptions, etc will tell you to get rid of it.

Are you having some issues loading craft?

Edit: Important to note, it will not appear in the VAB, you will only see it on old craft. The replacement looks like:

2VdBWzs.png

The new part appears, but I cannot load vessels that contain the old part, and launched vessels containing it disappear.

Hmm, why add an entirely new part, instead of updating the old one?

21 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

The new part appears, but I cannot load vessels that contain the old part, and launched vessels containing it disappear.

Hmm, why add an entirely new part, instead of updating the old one?

Thanks I will look into it.

Reasons for new part instead of old:

- Different sizes
- Part of a "family" now (Window and non-window version)
- Expansion of Vega line of parts from the single airlock into this entire Almaz collection.
- New much better naming scheme vega_habitation_1 => vega_crew_s1_1_1

21 hours ago, Kablob said:

I'm enjoying this trend of Almaz In Unexpected Places

Well...

TWCrOOn.png

2 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

gamespacestationsim4.jpg

Interesting game, I never heard of this.

Still looking for thoughts on this:

ZbadeDU.png
MdIgOiO.png

Edited by Beale