[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Still looking for thoughts on this: 

Having more textures to choose from in the VAB is a great thing!   The obvious problem comes down to during re-entry, when the blankets get burned off.  Stock KSP doesn't allow texture switching outside of the VAB/SPH, so some people will be all moody about that!

My opinion:  Additional Texture options are always good.  Maybe someday stock KSP will have some cool effects (When humans have settled on Mars).

AND lastly, Voskhod Hype!  Come on everyone! >:O

37 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Cute cute Almaz. Now if that "twin-board radar" was its own part... SCANsat-compatible... Awww, sweet dreams.

But... ...it is? SCANsat adds a 'SCANresource Scanner' module to it, doesn't it?

9 minutes ago, Derb said:

But... ...it is? SCANsat adds a 'SCANresource Scanner' module to it, doesn't it?

Eh... I wasn't referring to the M700, but the thing that is represented by the four radiator panels (on the actual station it was a mapping and launch detection radar)

Edited by TK-313

Just now, TK-313 said:

Eh... I wasn't referring to the M700, but the thing that is represented by the four radiator panels (on the actual station is was a mapping and launch detection radar)

That makes a lot more sense.

49 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Cute cute Almaz. Now if that "twin-board radar" was its own part... SCANsat-compatible... Awww, sweet dreams.

IIRC was that not a station, but a spare Almaz converted to be a giant satellite?

In any case - if a purpose can be found, I think it should be made! :) More variety the better.

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

IIRC was that not a station, but a spare Almaz converted to be a giant satellite?

In any case - if a purpose can be found, I think it should be made! :) More variety the better.

*checks* Yeah, that was the automatic variant of the station. Not sure if they actually were "spares", though, and not a derived design (3 of these were made, 2 launched, the last launch was in 1991).

Edited by TK-313

20 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

[insert "thumbs up" emoji here]

20 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Yes please!

17 hours ago, Derb said:

As a texture switch option? Definitely yes. Would the orbital modules have blankets as well?

On 8/15/2018 at 11:09 PM, Deltac said:

Having more textures to choose from in the VAB is a great thing!   The obvious problem comes down to during re-entry, when the blankets get burned off.  Stock KSP doesn't allow texture switching outside of the VAB/SPH, so some people will be all moody about that!

Many thanks guys,

It is worth to say, this would be the default texture with Black and Green variants to the colour (Yes, that means the royal line of Grey soyuz ends).
This is required because the differences in UV map and general texture between both styles are really too far different.

8Kl2Y3G.png

@Derb Basically yes, anything that is now grey will go to fabric.

Very rough idea below (Lacking normal maps, detail / wrong UV maps).

2L6ZpRl.png

10 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Plans are forming...

DkGN0VL.png

GITHUB

More adapters!

Go crazy!

Sad6XLy.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

It is worth to say, this would be the default texture with Black and Green variants to the colour (Yes, that means the royal line of Grey soyuz ends).
8Kl2Y3G.png

It's OK. My body is ready! :D

Edited by HooHungLow

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Many thanks guys,

I do like the grey Soyuz, but if it's one over the other....

I vote yes.

Pull the trigger, imo.

Edited by Fly Angry
l2spell, Fly. Must try harder.

3 hours ago, Beale said:

My thoughts on the grey, I think the color variants are a bit more realistic and you can do more with them. So bring on the colors!

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I for one like the traditional Tantares gray soyuz quite a bit

2 hours ago, Fly Angry said:

I do like the grey Soyuz, but if it's one over the other....

I vote yes.

Pull the trigger, imo.

It doesn't have to be one or the other so long as we have the .mu with the old UV map and textures. The stock part switch allows for model switching as used in Ven's Stock Revamp for the 1.4 Rockomax tanks, giving the choice of Orange, Black/White, or Ven's model + textures, in one single part.

Edited by Derb

16 minutes ago, Derb said:

It doesn't have to be one or the other so long as we have the .mu with the old UV map and textures. The stock part switch allows for model switching as used in Ven's Stock Revamp for the 1.4 Rockomax tanks, giving the choice of Orange, Black/White, or Ven's model + textures, in one single part.

This is true. Good point.

4 minutes ago, Fly Angry said:

This is true. Good point.

I wonder whether @Drakenex would want to do it that way either permanently for their colored "metal Soyuz" skins, or as a stopgap measure if the skins could be converted to the new UV map. ;) (using the .mu with old UV map and model switching, that is).

7 hours ago, Derb said:

I wonder whether @Drakenex would want to do it that way either permanently for their colored "metal Soyuz" skins, or as a stopgap measure if the skins could be converted to the new UV map. ;) (using the .mu with old UV map and model switching, that is).

yup, that's the way to go. I'll use stock mesh and texture switching.

Edit: and no more pink Soyuz, bunch of unsold units on storage ....

Edited by Drakenex

18 hours ago, Beale said:

Many thanks guys,

This is required because the differences in UV map and general texture between both styles are really too far different.

8Kl2Y3G.png

@Beale wow...you're amazing! You keep cranking out these high quality parts at an incredible pace. Thanks so much for doing this!