[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, Curiosity7907 said:

In the eeloo picture what visual mod did you use?

'Better Atmospheres'.

But, keep in mind - this was version 0.19 / 0.20, many differences now I don't think you could replicate that appearance easily. :) 

Oh man! Original(ish) Tantares. Even two years on those parts still look great. 

Beale, I don't suppose you (or another enterprising Tantares community member!) has any interested in making those original parts compatible with the current version of Kerbal? :)

Edited by DGatsby

43 minutes ago, DGatsby said:

Beale, I don't suppose you (or another enterprising Tantares community member!) has any interested in making those original parts compatible with the current version of Kerbal? :)

Hahaha, thanks!

Unfortunately I do not even have the models or textures anymore, they were deleted some time ago (I'm not always so sentimental).
The work to upgrade them to current version would also be quite significant unfortunately (But, I suppose there were far fewer parts to edit) :) .

Edit: Very strange - I do have some old shuttle parts lying around...

07dabbb315.jpg

0af54facab.jpg

Edited by Beale

52 minutes ago, Beale said:

Hahaha, thanks!

Unfortunately I do not even have the models or textures anymore, they were deleted some time ago (I'm not always so sentimental).
The work to upgrade them to current version would also be quite significant unfortunately (But, I suppose there were far fewer parts to edit) :) .

07dabbb315.jpg

0af54facab.jpg

Wow! , I would like to see a Tantares style Buran alike shuttle..

2 hours ago, DGatsby said:

That thought had occurred to me as well. As someone who loved thee old TLV and could take or leave the new one (the old color scheme was awesome!), I have been considering trying to update some "legacy" Tantares parts for the new areo/heat systems. Depending on if Beale is ok with that it might be a project I look into later this year. Also, for clarity, I would be doing a strict function update. I would not be adding any fancy UV maps or anything like that, nor would I be developing those parts in any way, just getting them to work as originally intended.

36 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

That thought had occurred to me as well. As someone who loved thee old TLV and could take or leave the new one (the old color scheme was awesome!), I have been considering trying to update some "legacy" Tantares parts for the new areo/heat systems. Depending on if Beale is ok with that it might be a project I look into later this year. Also, for clarity, I would be doing a strict function update. I would not be adding any fancy UV maps or anything like that, nor would I be developing those parts in any way, just getting them to work as originally intended.

Any kind of modification is fine by me! I'd love to see what you can come up with :) 

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Hahaha, thanks!

Well I suppose that would be a fair amount of work!

1 hour ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I as well would love to see what you come up with!

55 minutes ago, NerdMC said:

The version that I downloaded (on Curse) does not come with craft files. Is it meant to be like that?

Yeah it dose not come with craft files. There are some packs out there of pre-assembled craft though. IIRC Curt has a nice pack but I don't know if it is up to date.

18 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

@Beale You can get old versions on Kerbalstuff, it's in the Changelog section.

Yup!

Sadly it "only" goes as far back as version 11.

19 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Transport Mun sience and one tourist...

Nice!

The configuration of the lander and transfer stage is really neat :D

15 hours ago, NerdMC said:

The version that I downloaded (on Curse) does not come with craft files. Is it meant to be like that?

That's the case :)
As is already said, several good crafts available from others ( @CaptKordite@curtquarquesso ).

Things

TKS DC & LK-1 Solar panels.

I don't know whether to include the LK-1 solar panels, because they are of quite an unusual orientation (On end of arm, extend sideways, see Cygnus image).

I've also made the same solar panel in the more conventional layout, it's a very good bridge between the Soyuz solar panels and Kvant solar panels (See last image).

5341d47e90.jpg
b4742dd99c.jpg
327692702b.jpg
0f99227a46.jpg
909b783850.jpg
8fe30abfcc.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Second this. That "unusual orientation" could be quite useful at times. 

Thirded. If I understand them (they are meant to be placed on either side of the engine bell?) then I can think of a fair few designs where that would be useful. My request however would be to also include a half-length version, as most CSMs wouldn't need such big panels.

Also, @Beale, I have been saying something for a while and I wanted to check that it was fact. Do you actually plan on revisiting Gemini at some point? I've been deflecting requests for it by throwing you to the wolves and I wanted to make sure.

24 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Yes, please include those LK-1 solar panels. :D

17 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Second this. That "unusual orientation" could be quite useful at times. 

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thirded. If I understand them (they are meant to be placed on either side of the engine bell?) then I can think of a fair few designs where that would be useful. My request however would be to also include a half-length version, as most CSMs wouldn't need such big panels.

Also, @Beale, I have been saying something for a while and I wanted to check that it was fact. Do you actually plan on revisiting Gemini at some point? I've been deflecting requests for it by throwing you to the wolves and I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the feedback!

@CobaltWolf Absolutely! I would say it is the next thing to do directly after TKS, but I am working so slowly at the present time :( 

Continue wolf throwing! :wink: 

On 17.01.2016 at 10:27 PM, Beale said:

Hahaha, thanks!

It's been a while since I've been here. Nice to see TKS unification with LK-1 since they share the Chief Designer IRL :P

Also, I think those shuttle parts would be great to make smaller shuttles, nearly the size of old Mk3. :)

1 hour ago, Mods_o_joy said:

I can still control the Hammel No-neck Progress Block when out of range of Mission control with no satellites, Is it not remotetech2 integrated?

I don't think some of the parts have RT2 support, I could control things without connection.

On 1/23/2016 at 4:02 PM, Mods_o_joy said:

I can still control the Hammel No-neck Progress Block when out of range of Mission control with no satellites, Is it not remotetech2 integrated?

If you can give me the exact name I can look into it. It would help considerably if you could PM me with a full mod list. What is interesting is that if it lacks a RT config it should lose control on the pad immediately after staging away any launch clamps. I suspect it might be a weird interaction of mods.

Edit: Found it! Hamal control C and D does in fact lack a config. I will whip up a fix in a second here.

Edit 2: Updated RT Control Config (Note: this is meant to replace _Extra_RemoteTechControl.cfg in your Tantares folder.)

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

On 1/21/2016 at 7:51 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Awesome! Take your time, hope everything is going well!

Thanks!

On 1/23/2016 at 5:05 PM, [MG]Atlas said:

Where is the Vega.Node.A and Vega.Crew.B ? I have downloaded a Mir with Tantares and it need those parts, and in the config there only is an A part and D part from Vega.crew and I cant find a Vega.Node A ... Where did they go?;.;

Vega Node A is deprecated (should be in release notes).

Vega_Crew_B should very much still be there, can you check re-installation?

On 1/23/2016 at 7:31 PM, Mods_o_joy said:

Can you upload The LV Mod to Curse?, Kerbalstuff is On the fritz

Next version! 

22 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

If you can give me the exact name I can look into it. It would help considerably if you could PM me with a full mod list. What is interesting is that if it lacks a RT config it should lose control on the pad immediately after staging away any launch clamps. I suspect it might be a weird interaction of mods.

Edit: Found it! Hamal control C and D does in fact lack a config. I will whip up a fix in a second here.

Edit 2: Updated RT Control Config (Note: this is meant to replace _Extra_RemoteTechControl.cfg in your Tantares folder.)

Great stuff! :) 

Little more

It's the crew compartment for TKS.

Very basic, very very basic. No doors, no windows, but I think that is the idea.

df11e03b9a.jpg
5902667778.jpg
5d1b81f504.jpg