[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I had an issue with the vostok parachute displaying similar behavior. Opened, but seemed to produce no drag. (It actually happened while streaming on twitch, a bunch of people got to see my confused face as Jeb pancaked into the side of a mountain a few times as I tried to cheat my way out of the situation lol)

I gave up trying to fix it,and just substituted in a different 'chute in my .craft

The soyuz/va chutes (all of them) are working fine for me as recently as yesterday.

1 hour ago, StriZ said:

I got a same problem. Vostok, Soyuz, VA parachutes don't slow. ;.; New LK parachute and Squad parachutes are working well.

And LK drogue parachute has wrong description (with russian).

Thank you for more information!

Argh, very inconsistent behaviour between separate installs. This is really hard to diagnose.
Are you all:

• on version 1.4.3?
  • Using any parachute mods / aerodynamic mods maybe?
  • Do your parachutes have any variant options (Little tear / droplet icon on the part)?
  • A screenshot of GameData would be very helpfuil too :) 

I appreciate the frustration, hope I can help fix this soon.

Happier news:

Fix on spacedock for Vostok fuel spheres, let me know if there are still problems / suggestions for balancing :) 

https://spacedock.info/mod/174/Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR

Edited by Beale

17 minutes ago, Beale said:

Argh, very inconsistent behaviour between separate installs. This is really hard to diagnose.
Are you all:

• on version 1.4.3?
  • Do your parachutes have any variant options (Little tear / droplet icon on the part)?
  • Yes
  • Nope
  • Yes (Tantares now in Colors), but they behave the same way anyway
  • U5AWNtq.jpg

I've just realised I'm experiencing the same problem as StriZ, only the LK parachutes seem to work. Stock, Cormorant and BDB's paracutes all work fine.

9 hours ago, Beale said:

Probably needs to be tweaked, what values should they hold? It is 10 or so currently?

A Procedural Tanks resized to match the A-USF01 holds 2/3 as much fuel.

lbFt76J.png

8 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:
  • Yes
  • Nope
  • Yes (Tantares now in Colors), but they behave the same way anyway
  • U5AWNtq.jpg

I've just realised I'm experiencing the same problem as StriZ, only the LK parachutes seem to work. Stock, Cormorant and BDB's paracutes all work fine.

Thanks!

Okay, this might be the issue @Drakenex might need to know :) 
I think currently any part variants applied to parachutes may break them.

@sslaptnhablhat could you try, temporary remove Tantares in colours, delete the partDatabase.cfg, etc. and try again?

Cogs are turning :)

7 minutes ago, Tyko said:

A Procedural Tanks resized to match the A-USF01 holds 2/3 as much fuel.

lbFt76J.png

Thank you! Yes that's terrible, I will fix it tonight :) 

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Thanks!

@sslaptnhablhat could you try, temporary remove Tantares in colours, delete the partDatabase.cfg, etc. and try again?

Cogs are turning :)

Yes, certainly.

EDIT: You're right, Tantares in colours was the cause.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

A few vanity shots of my hybrid 2 crew vehicle based on Tantares parts. I'm trying to mix and match to create unique looking ships that fill similar roles. This uses the Soyuz concept of having an extra habitation module to increase habitation time. It's capable of supporting 2 crew members for 20 days with USI-LS - enough for early lunar missions. I know typical Soyuz missions were designed to last 4-5 days at most, but not sure if that's an absolute limit for life support or just their target.

After 2 test flights, the 3rd mission involved first rendezvous and docking in space.HGCrtfF.png

glSfcqo.png

mQeoJAs.png

Bm1QGI2.png

Edited by Tyko

3 hours ago, ARTOBAN said:

TKS dont work

Is it trouble loading the craft files?

Please make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of Tantares - there is a new part there the TKS requires. :) 

2 hours ago, Tyko said:

A few vanity shots of my hybrid 2 crew vehicle based on Tantares parts. I'm trying to mix and match to create unique looking ships that fill similar roles. This uses the Soyuz concept of having an extra habitation module to increase habitation time. It's capable of supporting 2 crew members for 20 days with USI-LS - enough for early lunar missions. I know typical Soyuz missions were designed to last 4-5 days at most, but not sure if that's an absolute limit for life support or just their target.

After 2 test flights, the 3rd mission involved first rendezvous and docking in space.HGCrtfF.png

Yes yes! I love this! I really like the unique builds a lot.

Docking port on fron is interesting, what is that?

7 hours ago, Beale said:

Thanks!

Holy weird bug batman!

7 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Yes, certainly.

EDIT: You're right, Tantares in colours was the cause.

ok, no colors for shutes then!

31 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

...but they worked for, like, one update after you switched to using stock texture switch, and Soyuz parachutes are only broken since the latest experimental release, I think.

yes, buggy bug that need to be fixed by Squad, but no worries my friend, nothing is going to stop me for coloring your KSP!!

Edit:

Fixed! Now you can launch the Buran in real colors and the ETS Vulkan too (kinda at least)

onzxrGN.pngX8aUZyZ.png

Edited by Drakenex

Hi

I would like to know if there is reallly enough space inside the pod for 3 Kerbals with helmet dressed.

If possible I like to know if the trust, ISP and the prices of the parts in this pack are balanced to the stock parts.

Thanks for the info :)

33 minutes ago, Kamaling said:

Hi

I would like to know if there is reallly enough space inside the pod for 3 Kerbals with helmet dressed.

Apparently there is. The real Soyuz descent module is extremely cramped too..

33 minutes ago, Kamaling said:

If possible I like to know if the trust, ISP and the prices of the parts in this pack are balanced to the stock parts.

Yes, it's balanced against stock

You may want to read back through this thread as @Beale has answered these questions before with much greater depth than my answers :)

Edited by Tyko

16 hours ago, Drakenex said:

yes, buggy bug that need to be fixed by Squad, but no worries my friend, nothing is going to stop me for coloring your KSP!!

Edit:

Fixed! Now you can launch the Buran in real colors and the ETS Vulkan too (kinda at least)

X8aUZyZ.png

I'm afraid we will need to confiscate this part, friend, it is contraband.

MAWxmsB.png

Please report to violation officer #334 for processing.

Well, I am joking, wow! Those are beautiful! Thanks for fixing issues so fast too.

1 hour ago, Kamaling said:

Hi

Thanks for the info :)

Hi there!

1. Yes, There are some difficulties with helmets because Kerbal heads are bigger than human heads, and kerbal helmets even larger.

2. Yes, all balanced against stock analogues.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:05 PM, Tyko said:

After 2 test flights, the 3rd mission involved first rendezvous and docking in space.

*pictures*

What's that part on top of the command module?

5 hours ago, Beale said:

I'm afraid we will need to confiscate this part, friend, it is contraband.

MAWxmsB.png

Please report to violation officer #334 for processing.

Well, I am joking, wow! Those are beautiful! Thanks for fixing issues so fast too.

just wanted to save some kerbal lives!!! :P

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, Beale said:

Are you all:

• on version 1.4.3?

Yes, I used 1.4.3, but it was working well before June 1st update.

I got a clear GameData dir, I had Squad parts and Tantares only. Chutes still are broken, look at this

eTZ0E1UKAKA.jpg

Parachute don't drogue on deploy and don't slow after full open.

1 hour ago, StriZ said:

Yes, I used 1.4.3, but it was working well before June 1st update.

I got a clear GameData dir, I had Squad parts and Tantares only. Chutes still are broken, look at this

eTZ0E1UKAKA.jpg

Parachute don't drogue on deploy and don't slow after full open.

Thanks for following the steps to confirm.

This is a very puzzling issue, but we will hopefully solve it. One thing I did not see in this or your last post, did you try delete the partDatabase and physics.cfg?
I might need to create a patch to force the drag cubes.

Thanks.

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thanks for following the steps to confirm.

This is a very puzzling issue, but we will hopefully solve it. One thing I did not see in this or your last post, did you try delete the partDatabase and physics.cfg?
I might need to create a patch to force the drag cubes.

Thanks.

Hasn't every iteration of Vostok had similar issues?

23 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hasn't every iteration of Vostok had similar issues?

This is a little different, the capsule itself will now slow down perfectly (Custom drag cube) - but, the typical physicsless parachute bug that effects a lot of mods is appearing for some people.

23 hours ago, Beale said:

This is a little different, the capsule itself will now slow down perfectly (Custom drag cube) - but, the typical physicsless parachute bug that effects a lot of mods is appearing for some people.

Well we're halfway there at least! ;-)

23 hours ago, Beale said:

One thing I did not see in this or your last post, did you try delete the partDatabase and physics.cfg?

I did it later. Souz and VA parachutes are working now, Vostok parachute is not. I tried it with different capsules.