[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 5/10/2018 at 8:20 AM, Beale said:

Never heard of it sorry. If somebody makes the configs I will link them on the first page though.

Hey, Kerbalism dev here. Did ya know google existed, bud?

4 hours ago, Beale said:

zBooEI8.png

Pokemon evolutions, well, there is a missing link in there somewhere... :wink: 

If I could make a suggestion, and you may have already considered this: Having the service module double as a fairing base would make packaging the Vostok atop the stack much easier.

Edit: The missing link is obviously Zond. :P

Edited by Mudwig

11 hours ago, Mudwig said:

If I could make a suggestion, and you may have already considered this: Having the service module double as a fairing base would make packaging the Vostok atop the stack much easier.

I second this motion.
As it stands now, I have to stick a fairing base between the vostok and the 2nd stage, and it comes out looking terrible. Having the battery pack also double as a fairing base would be amazing.

16 hours ago, Mudwig said:

Interesting idea, I will take a look!

7 hours ago, TK-313 said:

And don't forget the Bion/Foton series! These are still in use, btw.

Yes, these should hopefully be pretty easy with the existing framework.

The engine requires a little rework detail-wise, but here's the first of it.

A4BtIPo.png
27nFVNT.png
syvx9LE.jpg

On 5/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, Voidryder said:

Making good progress there Beale. Looking fantastic.  Can't wait for the next release. 

3 hours ago, akron said:

I can. @Beale take your time so I won't feel the need to start a new career over with the new hotness

Many thanks guys!

yRd2wNH.png

Ba8BkA5.png

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Many thanks guys!

yRd2wNH.png

Lookin' good.

I love the top antennae. Small details like that really help to give it the right character.

All it needs now is a faulty umbilical and an ejection seat with a survival kit that falls off every time and it'll be perfect!

On 5/11/2018 at 9:03 AM, tjsnh said:

Yes, that would be a great addition. Also eventually the brace for the Soyuz and perhaps a periscope, this way I don't have to use Contares each time, although he did a great job. 

Hi @Beale, wanted to say I am really enjoying this mod, I've installed it alongside Bluedog Design and am having great fun running parallel rival space programs.

I did run into a couple of issues with the realplume. I noticed that the 4 engine proton stage is missing the config entirely, I made my own and can submit a pull request if you wish. It basically applies the same effect as the 6 engine version.

The other issue is that the N-1 first stage is too quiet! Realplume scales the volume with the size of the plume. Since the plume effect has been scaled down to 0.4x for the 30 Nk33 engines, the N-1 ends up whisper quiet (especially if you throttle down even a little) when it should rightly sound like apocalyptic. I put a volume adjustment that makes it MUCH louder. Again I can put forth a pull request.

Hey @Beale, just wanted to add one more thing; I started work on a USI life support patch for Tantares parts for myself but I can submit that as a pull request once I'm done as well.

There is an existing open pull request for USI LS on github which blanket patches every crewed part with 75 supplies and 95% recycling. Meaning any fully crewed tantares part will have 138 days of mission endurance.

My own proposal will try for a *somewhat* more realistic approach keeping in mind USI life support is more gamified than stuff like TAC life support.

Put in simple terms I will do the following:

• Add maybe 2-4 months worth of supplies to selected space station parts without life support recycling. Salyut/Almaz will get longer endurance than real world I believe.
  • Add an appropriate number of habitation months to every space station crew component. Almaz/Salyut type stations should get something like 12 months of hab time and a fully assembled MIR will have years worth (I dont use the hab functionality myself).
  • No supplies at all in any descent modules just like real soyuz
  • Small amount of supplies for the orbital soyuz modules
  • Large amount of supplies in the Progress orbital module so you can use it for resupply
  • Life support recycling only in the Acamar science modules. Docking a Kvant 1 type module with any station and running the Recycler will drastically extend endurance.
  • Maybe a few days worth supplies in the lander

I've been trying to work out how the various parts fit into the real world inspirations behind them. I looked at the craft files which I understand are quite old and out of date but I think I've sussed most things out. Couple of points:

Alniyat_Crew_2_2 = A-B12 Crewed Block was used in the crafts for Mir (Kristall, Kvant II, Priroda, Spektre) AND the TKS. Since the TKS was used as a resupply craft I want to add more supplies to it and differentiate it from the MIR modules. As such I will be assuming

• Alniyat_Crew_2_1 = A-B10 Crewed Block to be used for the station parts above (it has windows and everything). Reasonable amount of supplies as per point 1
  • Un-windowed Alniyat_Crew_2_2 = A-B12 Crewed Block to be used for TKS. Quite a bit more supplies than the B10 blocks.

On the other hand the FGB was a common component between the TKS and the MIR modules so I might keep them with the same amount of supplies... MIR will end up with a lot of food on the station.

The only remaining question mark for me is where these two modules fit in. Where do they come from? Which real world craft or proposal do they belong to?

jrcyosj.png?1

I have the outline of my plan here but havent started working out the values yet. I would appreciate any input if anyone has any ideas on whats appropriate or if anything in the overall plan looks odd relative to their real life counterparts even if you don't use USI. Its holidays over here and I've got the whole next 4 days to get into this :)

Spoiler

Intended patches

//// used on Almaz 1,10,6 | Mir Core | Salyut 1
//Eridani_Crew_1 = E-27KA Crew Module
Hab

/// used on Almaz 1,10,6 | Mir Core | Salyut 1
//Eridani_Crew_2 = E-27KB Crew Module
Hab
Supplies

////Used on Mir Kristall
//Alniyat_Habitation_2_2 = A-H12 Crewed Block
Hab

////// Alniyat_Crew_2_2 was Used on Mir (Kristall, Kvant II, Priroda, Spektre) AND TKS resupply in old craft files
////Assuming windowed Crew 2_1 can be used for stations
////Assuming windowless Crew 2_2 can be used for TKS
//Alniyat_Crew_2_1 = A-B10 Crewed Block
Hab
Supplies
//Alniyat_Crew_2_2 = A-B12 Crewed Block
supplies (extra due to usage in TKS resupply craft)

//// Used on Mir Spektre
//Alniyat_Crew_4 = A-L7K Crewed Block
Hab

////Assorted Alniyat bits
//Alniyat_Crew_1
//Alniyat_Crew_3_1
//Alniyat_Crew_3_2
//Alniyat_Habitation_1
//Alniyat_Habitation_2_1
Hab

//// Used on MIR Kvant
//Acamar_Lab_1 = A-SM1 Research Module
//Acamar_Lab_2 = A-SM2 Research Module
Recycler - will be fairly powerful to cover many crew

//// Used in Salyut
//Vega_Habitation_1 = V-SA7 Crewed Block
Hab

//// Used in Progress
//Hamal_Habitation_1 = H-FS1 Forward Section
supplies (lot of supplies due to usage in Progress resupply craft)

////SOYUZ
//Tantares_Orbital_1 = T-OM1B Orbital Module
//Tantares_Habitation_1 = T-OM1 Orbital Module
Hab (a month if at all, all crewed seats get given 1 month anyway by USI)
Supplies (a little)

////What are these used in?
//Tantares_Tantares_Orbital_2 = T-SZ1B Habitation Section
//Tantares_Tantares_Habitation_2 = T-SZ1 Habitation Section
Will probably add hab and small amount of supplies

////Mun Lander
//Tantares_Libra_Crew_1 = L-K15 'Луна' Lander Can
Supplies (few days)

Edited by Zorg
Spelling, formatting etc

27 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Zorg Those two orbital modules are for the Soyuz-A circumlunar concept, the Soyuz 7K craft specifically (or Shenzhou when using Tantares Now in Colors).

Thanks! Thats helpful to know. I will add more supplies and hab time relative to the regular orbital modules then.