[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Nice stuff! In an attempt to keep part to a minimum, I am trying to concentrate on crafts that have IVAs for the parts that support a crew. Which folders can I remove? I am going through the cfg files, as the folder names have nothing to do with the in-game names of the various components.

A suggestion perhaps for June when you have time to work on more complex parts:

Some more MIR/Soyuz-like RCS clusters would be good. Russian RCS is always quite different, using only 2 blocks at each end with more jets, compared to the stock types.

On Zarya ISS module

iVI8MzU.png

On Soyuz (I think these are only fitted to the upper part, the lower are integrated in to the service module?)

ohsp4a5.jpg

In both they fire:

- Either up or down (effectively the part is rotatable though)

- outwards

- left and right

This means you only need a pair at the top and a pair at the bottom, rather than 4 at each end (on large modules) and thus reduces part count :D

Also some little mono-propellant engines for the MIR Core type modules that surface mount in the lower end, and a fold out comms dish ala Zvezda would be cool.

Just some 'would be nice' suggestions.

Meanwhile...

Here's something very interesting.

Soyuz docking port and OM top resized to 0.9375m.

Look at it! It all makes sense now.

All in favour of resizing (Or new alternate parts) this way (June)?

I happen to love the new layout! I have always felt that the Soyuz was just a wee-bit small, so i welcome the change. IMO, i would rather have a replacement than an additional alternate sized soyuz.

The docking port size issue might pose a problem, but a simple adapter, or a well designed fictional androgynous port, could cover that niche.

EDIT: didnt see the decision! That sounds like a great compromise from the feedback. Either way, can't wait for the new greebly bits!

Edited by schoff123

I'm not sure if I'm the only person that has this problem but A lot of parts are missing when I look in the VAB/SPH.:(

Did you download and install both Tantares and TantaresLV? They're both required to get all the parts.

I like the changes, but I liked the original as well.

http://i.imgur.com/6ULMGLm.jpg

HeeHee, It scares me a little.

Thanks for feedback.

Beale, I'm seeing some oddness with the landing gear for the LK. They aren't staying deployed. When you switch scenes then return to the lander, the gear are retracted again. Thought you'd like to know.

That said, Farshot 2 is rolled out and ready to fly. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/fXm6BBA.png

Yep, known bug, I need free time to get and look into it deeply.

Nice N-1 setup!

Nice stuff! In an attempt to keep part to a minimum, I am trying to concentrate on crafts that have IVAs for the parts that support a crew. Which folders can I remove? I am going through the cfg files, as the folder names have nothing to do with the in-game names of the various components.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, sorry? :(

A suggestion perhaps for June when you have time to work on more complex parts:

Some more MIR/Soyuz-like RCS clusters would be good. Russian RCS is always quite different, using only 2 blocks at each end with more jets, compared to the stock types.

On Zarya ISS module

http://i.imgur.com/iVI8MzU.png

On Soyuz (I think these are only fitted to the upper part, the lower are integrated in to the service module?)

http://i.imgur.com/ohsp4a5.jpg

In both they fire:

- Either up or down (effectively the part is rotatable though)

- outwards

- left and right

This means you only need a pair at the top and a pair at the bottom, rather than 4 at each end (on large modules) and thus reduces part count :D

Also some little mono-propellant engines for the MIR Core type modules that surface mount in the lower end, and a fold out comms dish ala Zvezda would be cool.

Just some 'would be nice' suggestions.

Interesting! Cheers.

I'll look into this, but I have avoided these style of RCS ports due to limitations with RCS FX.

The MIR/Salyut engines are an absolutely.

I happen to love the new layout! I have always felt that the Soyuz was just a wee-bit small, so i welcome the change. IMO, i would rather have a replacement than an additional alternate sized soyuz.

The docking port size issue might pose a problem, but a simple adapter, or a well designed fictional androgynous port, could cover that niche.

EDIT: didnt see the decision! That sounds like a great compromise from the feedback. Either way, can't wait for the new greebly bits!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I love how popularity of this mod grows. :3

I hope RO will be update at least in a couple of weeks so I have a job again. :D

http://cs621617.vk.me/v621617909/288a8/xXc9wfHITTE.jpg

RO stuff! Many thanks :)

967de6ff89.jpg
I'm not sure if I'm the only person that has this problem but A lot of parts are missing when I look in the VAB/SPH.:(

You may have installed in the wrong location, which would break the model URIs.

Screenshot of GameData folder?

Little work on Kliper...

7bcb10c19d.jpg

Final result may look like:

0c565f51a1.jpg

The kliper is pretty :) Small question, which colours are you going to choose ? I like much the cream-white / beige and charcoal grey of the first screen :) . Your textures are looking better and better everyday, well done as always :D

Still want Kliper to be bigger. But anyway It is so great that my eyes started bleeding of joy! XD

I think it will, have to be bigger yeah, based on the Kliper's use of the Soyuz OM, I can see it is currently off-scale a little.

But, thanks! :)

Congrats on release of the Ariane! One of my favorite IRL Rockets!

Many thanks!

I hope you enjoy! :)

The kliper is pretty :) Small question, which colours are you going to choose ? I like much the cream-white / beige and charcoal grey of the first screen :) . Your textures are looking better and better everyday, well done as always :D

Thanks!

Colour scheme, that's actually the lighting in the first picture (yellow = more cinematic? :wink: ).

It will be the white as seen in second.

Here's something a little off-topic, that I've been working on:

Don't worry, I've got the orbit a lot more stable since than in this video!

Video of "Newton" the N-Body app I've develop as part of my thesis.

Edited by Beale

Here's something a little off-topic, that I've been working on:

Don't worry, I've got the orbit a lot more stable since than in this video!

Video of "Newton" the N-Body app I've develop as part of my thesis.

Plain awesome app! I'd love to see some Lagrange points in action (especially stable ones) :3

Also, some more of International Cooperation in Tantares DMP:

American crew shuttle (Orion-esque), LKM-like lander, and ATV-M refueling ship (a cryogenic heavy upper stage on top of Ariane V is a cool addition *badum-tss*)!

B7SKpN45-ms.jpg

Yeeeees. Yeeeeeees.

The new FAR is out. I will create an updated FAR config file for Tantares' crafts sometime soon. They all may need to be done, so it will take a while.

Brilliant!

No worries, I appreciate your help :)

Plain awesome app! I'd love to see some Lagrange points in action (especially stable ones) :3

Also, some more of International Cooperation in Tantares DMP:

American crew shuttle (Orion-esque), LKM-like lander, and ATV-M refueling ship (a cryogenic heavy upper stage on top of Ariane V is a cool addition *badum-tss*)!

http://cs623618.vk.me/v623618511/2ed57/B7SKpN45-ms.jpg

Many thanks!

In-fact I got the Moon very stable now, with the help of some very clever people, so let me add in Lagrange points with the little surplus development time I have, I'll keep you posted.

Orbit over the course of 1 Earth year.

On that build, that is plain awesome!

Very big fan of the... Lem-K ? :D

Is that in Mun orbit? Very cool to see large-scale mission in DMP.

Edited by Beale

Good news and bad news for FAR users.

Good news: All of the Tantares LV rockets currently work with the new FAR thanks to Ferram's voxel-model based design. Also, it will take me very little time to create a config file for all of the Tantares LV rockets, and the Tantares pods/capsules. (Thanks Ferram!) I might even have time to create it this afternoon.

The bad news: it is very difficult to configure the Kliper so that it flies (or falls gently) in FAR. I may have to tweak the flaps to add heat resistance, heat dispersion, etc. As they are, the flaps cannot withstand reentry. My first attempt at configuring the Kliper for FAR:

lCiDYzw.png

They survived, but that's not what I'd call a safe landing.

Another update: I've tweaked the Kliper's stock config so that it better handles reentry. I'll upload the new version to Dropbox when I upload the FAR config file.

Good news and bad news for FAR users.

Good news: All of the Tantares LV rockets currently work with the new FAR thanks to Ferram's voxel-model based design. Also, it will take me very little time to create a config file for all of the Tantares LV rockets, and the Tantares pods/capsules. (Thanks Ferram!) I might even have time to create it this afternoon.

The bad news: it is very difficult to configure the Kliper so that it flies (or falls gently) in FAR. I may have to tweak the flaps to add heat resistance, heat dispersion, etc. As they are, the flaps cannot withstand reentry. My first attempt at configuring the Kliper for FAR:

http://i.imgur.com/lCiDYzw.png

They survived, but that's not what I'd call a safe landing.

Another update: I've tweaked the Kliper's stock config so that it better handles reentry. I'll upload the new version to Dropbox when I upload the FAR config file.

Nose heavy eh!

But, great news on FAR, many thanks for looking at that :)

Thank you also for the work on the Kliper.

Kvant Panels

Should they rotate this time?

3rd from left.

91f89f262c.jpg

Edit:

They rotate! Alamz-like station with four Kvant panels.

ef2c5832b6.jpg

Edited by Beale

Brilliant!

No worries, I appreciate your help :)

Many thanks!

In-fact I got the Moon very stable now, with the help of some very clever people, so let me add in Lagrange points with the little surplus development time I have, I'll keep you posted.

Orbit over the course of 1 Earth year.

On that build, that is plain awesome!

Very big fan of the... Lem-K ? :D

Is that in Mun orbit? Very cool to see large-scale mission in DMP.

Thanks! Since the west is mostly represented by VenomousRequiem, the crew shuttle is of her design, and I tried to make a combination of LK and LEM with my lander. :D

Also, congrats on achieving a stable Earth orbit! :)

I was just trying to picture the golf ball that its a tee for...or worse..the golf club :confused:
@CrisK.

MY GOD! That's one heck of a lawn dart...

Nose heavy eh!

But, great news on FAR, many thanks for looking at that :)

Thank you also for the work on the Kliper.

Haha! The CoM needed to be moved a bit forward so that the craft didn't flip or spin during reentry. It does fly like a lawn dart (and probably should), but I need to figure out how to add more lift and a bit of drag in FAR. I have asked Ferram for advice.