[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Waiting for Proton revamp / expansion be like...

KHnO2ef.png

Well-theres-always-hope-GIF.gif

Development

How about splitting the Kvant-1? It may disrupt some craft files, but:

• 2.5m lab you can put together without resorting to clipping it, etc.
  • The octagonal section can have a hollow interior for placing experiments, etc.
  • It will lead to further 37K parts.
  • The octagonal section is also a fairing base, for building the Kvant tug easily.

wP1Ry25.png

Edited by Beale

35 minutes ago, Beale said:

Well-theres-always-hope-GIF.gif

Development

How about splitting the Kvant-1? It may disrupt some craft files, but:

• 2.5m lab you can put together without resorting to clipping it, etc.
  • The octagonal section can have a hollow interior for placing experiments, etc.
  • It will lead to further 37K parts.
  • The octagonal section is also a fairing base, for building the Kvant tug easily.

That's... actually not a bad idea. But you might want to keep a full part for a few versions. 

22 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

That's... actually not a bad idea. But you might want to keep a full part for a few versions. 

19 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

why not do both? full part and split part? no reason not to, that I can see just by reading the post here.

Thanks for the feedback!
I think it would be better to make a "clean separation" if doing this, and do it right now to avoid part bloat.

But, I will still like to hear more opinions.

For more information on the 37K modules,

four were planned for MIR, you can see they have some similarities to the final MIR modules.

• 37KD - this module was equipped with an airlock and large hatch at the aft end to allow cosmonauts to conduct spacewalks from Mir.
  • 37KT - the technological module was to be equipped with materials processing experiments and was equipped with a docking port for the Buran space shuttle.
  • 37KP - this applications module was to be equipped with earth resources and military reconnaissance sensors.
  • 37KG - this cargo module would deliver experiments to Mir too heavy for the Progress resupply ship.

37kcomps.jpg37K Comparison
From top:

• Chelomei's TKS module from Almaz, consisting of the FGB tug, VA re-entry capsule, and abort rocket;
  • 37K Kvant laboratory module, with FGB tug as used to dock with aft port of Mir;
  • 37K Kvant laboratory after docking;
  • NPO Energia design for follow-on 37K modules (cancelled);
  • FGB-derived modules actually used.

I think when you consider all this versatility, it's a good idea to split them.

Edited by Beale

1.Why air rudders for Soyuz doesnt steer? They must turn.

2.How add textures on mods parts and where download there?

Т.к. мой англицкий очень плох на всякий случай продублирую на русском.

1.Почему аэродинамические рули на Союзе не управляемы, когда должны быть отклоняемыми?

2.Как натянуть текстуры на детали из мода, не смог найти нужную папку? И где эти текстуры взять?

Edited by Krab96

1 hour ago, Krab96 said:

1.Why air rudders for Soyuz doesnt steer? They must turn.

2.How add textures on mods parts and where download there?

Reveal hidden contents

Т.к. мой англицкий очень плох на всякий случай продублирую на русском.

1.Почему аэродинамические рули на Союзе не управляемы, когда должны быть отклоняемыми? P.S. Почему решетчатые рули также неподвижны?

2.Как натянуть текстуры на детали из мода, не смог найти нужную папку? И где эти текстуры взять?

1. They are only there for stability, they aren't control surfaces.

19 hours ago, Beale said:

I was also thinking of a "non lab" version, just a basic crew compartment? (The red band can be replaced by grey or white).

Good idea, but I think a yellow band would make it fit better with the existing  mir/salyut parts.

20 hours ago, Beale said:

I was also thinking of a "non lab" version, just a basic crew compartment? (The red band can be replaced by grey or white).

Sounds like a good idea, more parts I will have to recolor!  :D

I'm thinking of when you're finished with this round of MIR Revamps that I'll look into painting the parts white or off white (or moldy green and white) to give that bit of old MIR authenticity.  It's something I've had on the back burner and now I think I'll get to it once you're finished!