[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 hours ago, Spike88 said:

If you need any help, check out my Tac-LS patch for Cormorant Aeronology.

Thank you, I had a peep at it for the basics but most of it was already under my belt. Didn't stop me from making a spreadsheet to do all the effort for me though....

On 24/02/2018 at 3:55 PM, Kilo60 said:

For some reason the large decouplers on the included craft file rockets with the forward arrow on them do not decouple from the bottom of the top jettisoned stages... It does work on the Soyuz capsule to decouple the engine from the capsule pod however...

98386BD02F36352BDBA243446BF04CD1594EE629

It's one of the other mods for sure causing this, but I'm not sure which. The part itself is working perfectly on testing.

Progress is being made, but slowly, the final part of Proton is a beast.

zeNk63R.png

17 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's one of the other mods for sure causing this, but I'm not sure which. The part itself is working perfectly on testing.

Progress is being made, but slowly, the final part of Proton is a beast.

Are you planning to rebalance Proton? It's way overpowered even for the 2.5x system and in a lot of cases either the 2nd or the 3rd stage add barely any additional performance...

28 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Are you planning to rebalance Proton? It's way overpowered even for the 2.5x system and in a lot of cases either the 2nd or the 3rd stage add barely any additional performance...

I can take a look at that, it's possibly too light in mass, but I think the feul amount is correct?

1 hour ago, Hay said:

Will you make the proton light?

As I said in our group chat, considering that this is the first time he's remade Proton from scratch since those were announced, there's no way he can get away with remaking it and not leaving a provision (ie, modeling and texturing it in a way that easily allows him to replace two of the six segments with dummies) to make Proton Light. :)

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

As I said in our group chat, considering that this is the first time he's remade Proton from scratch since those were announced, there's no way he can get away with remaking it and not leaving a provision (ie, modeling and texturing it in a way that easily allows him to replace two of the six segments with dummies) to make Proton Light. :)

If you want to reproduce the Proton L as closely as possible to the plan, it is not sufficient to omit two of the raidal tanks and engines. As can be seen from the announcements, the central tank would be extended and the interstage section completely reworked.

10 minutes ago, hraban said:

If you want to reproduce the Proton L as closely as possible to the plan, it is not sufficient to omit two of the raidal tanks and engines. As can be seen from the announcements, the central tank would be extended and the interstage section completely reworked.

mmhmm. I also asked him about that. My 2c on the issue, the simplest thing is to just have one first stage length - make it the average of the two lengths.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

mmhmm. I also asked him about that. My 2c on the issue, the simplest thing is to just have one first stage length - make it the average of the two lengths.

I also went the easy way for CSA Contares 'RUS'. The NEUTRON L first stage is also just a NEUTRON first stage relieved by two radial tanks and two engines. :)

Edited by hraban

Hey guys, quick question: I was redoing MIR, and noticed the large aperture radar dish is missing from the parts? I looked in science and antennae but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Also, could we get a foldable version of the little cone antenna?

8 hours ago, Hay said:

Will you make the proton light? 

proton_light_mods_1.jpg

Yes! Just for a bonus, the medium too.

1 minute ago, Abrecan said:

Hey guys, quick question: I was redoing MIR, and noticed the large aperture radar dish is missing from the parts? I looked in science and antennae but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Also, could we get a foldable version of the little cone antenna?

Do you remember what this one looked like? I can't think of any really large radar dish recently (Still missing Priroda dish).

Little folding cone antenna, sure, I can probably see this somewhere.

9gCgv7R.png

eaEhrVC.png

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

Yes! Just for a bonus, the medium too.

Do you remember what this one looked like? I can't think of any really large radar dish recently (Still missing Priroda dish).

Little folding cone antenna, sure, I can probably see this somewhere.

9gCgv7R.png

Backside (lower side) looks good but the upper *brrrrr* :mad:

@Abrecan I believe you mean 'TRAVERS' mounted on 'Priroda'?

screenshot102,medium.2x.1491769754.png

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Haha Priroda is what i'm referring to... anyone have any workarounds? @hraban OOoOooOoo is there a link, perhaps..?

Edited by Abrecan

21 hours ago, Beale said:

Plans are in motion.

zzCcIBo.png

tliGfZs.png

WuQBG5i.png

This is a noob question, but what is the main difference between the Proton currently in the mod versus the new proton? Is it an update of the current, or a different rocket under same name?

Edited by Spike88

30 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

This is a noob question, but what is the main difference between the Proton currently in the mod versus the new proton? Is it an update of the current, or a different rocket under same name?

He's remaking the same Proton from scratch at a higher quality / level of detail.