[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 9/9/2018 at 5:50 PM, Beale said:

MrPySvU.png

So I've also been looking for info on the meteor satellites, and unfortunately what's available online seems to be lacking. 

What I've gathered from Here is that the early version you're basing your model off of had a gyroscopic attitude control system as well as a gas based system for the first part of the mission.  Soooo my guess is that the Vostok upper stage situated the satellite into an orbit, and then the gas system refined the orbit and set the attitude with the gyroscopic system taking over for fine maneuvering.

This site gives us the much needed rear shot, though it's a bit grainy.  Also that apogee and perigee would be low Earth orbit, though that shouldn't stop anyone from sending their Meteor's to other planets in KSP :P

The Meteor also had sun tracking solar panels, so new solar panels!   Also, it had an umbrella looking antenna, so new folding antenna! :D

And lastly, I think this would look good on top of a Voskhod, let the Kerbals spy on those evil clouds!

On 9/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, TK-313 said:

Just a little something I remembered. @Beale, do you still have this texture?

Unfortunately lost to the mist... But, it can be recreated very easily when I have a moment.

Would there be great interest in a full LK-700? Custom capsule and all (Downward facing windows).

On 9/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, Deltac said:

Almaz color update!

TLlVCWc.png

Tantares in colors still needs an update for the added bits to the almaz parts, but other than that, boy does this look pretty!

It's cute! @Drakenex I love it!

4 hours ago, Deltac said:

So I've also been looking for info...

On 9/10/2018 at 9:52 PM, hraban said:

As far as I could determine...

Great links, much appreciated!

I will include some basic electric engines along with the Meteor parts in this case. :) 

3YSAkFu.png
SsCDkGR.png
7HLUuyL.png

1 hour ago, TK-313 said:

Speaking of Meteor. This is just a mockup, of course, but...

41990375942_cb14c381fd_b.jpg

Stunning! I wish I had seen these earlier, it fills in some missing details well :)

Many thanks!

46 minutes ago, Beale said:

Unfortunately lost to the mist... But, it can be recreated very easily when I have a moment.

*looks with little kitten eyes*

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

Stunning! I wish I had seen these earlier, it fills in some missing details well :) 

Friendly reminder: there's a ton of reference material here in the form of museum exhibits from Moscow. Feel free to consult ;)

18 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Friendly reminder: there's a ton of reference material here in the form of museum exhibits from Moscow. Feel free to consult ;)

Holy mother land!  Thank you, I will save this for future uses!

Edited by Deltac
Information duplication

1 minute ago, Dutchbook said:

What museum is that? Seems like a great place to visit when in Moscow :)

It's three museums, actually :) The Cosmonautics museum, the Cosmos pavilion at VDNKh and the Polytechnical museum next door from Cosmos (that's the one with cool lunar and martian base concepts). It's all in the tags, actually. As well as spacecraft type and name, I tried to make browsing this collection as convenient as possible :)

On 9/13/2018 at 6:10 AM, Deltac said:

And now I present to you, Vosk.. I mean Vostok 2.0!

mfyPGLM.png

Ahem, well, God's a witness I've tried to maintain silence, but since it has actually started already...

Foton-M and Bion-M
16854670.jpg

Two extra ways for using this funny Voskhod capsule I dream of :blush:

17 hours ago, Kaleu said:

The mod have a wiki or some sort of list for the parts ?

Like X engine correspond to Y engine in real world.

Something like that

Unfortunately not existing, but I can clear up any questions you may have.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:06 PM, TK-313 said:

Oh I have not forgotten - I don't know why I missed the Meteor :)

On 9/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, Deltac said:

Launch of the Meteor X experimental Satellite!

And now I present to you, Vosk.. I mean Vostok 2.0!

mfyPGLM.png

Wow! It's cute! Not a bad combination...

4 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Ahem, well, God's a witness I've tried to maintain silence, but since it has actually started already...

Foton-M and Bion-M
16854670.jpg

Two extra ways for using this funny Voskhod capsule I dream of :blush:

I never saw a render like this, very cool!

qfsFRoM.png
ctpkGpa.png

I have a suggestion to make! Looking at images of the vostok spacecraft, I noticed these flaps around the retro rocket; these flaps were actually a thermal control system. I would like to suggest, therefore, that you add those into the game for a better vostok recreation. Besides, I think it would be nice to have an early game thermal control system, in case you send your vostok to moho or something.

7 hours ago, mr. engino said:

I have a suggestion to make! Looking at images of the vostok spacecraft, I noticed these flaps around the retro rocket; these flaps were actually a thermal control system. I would like to suggest, therefore, that you add those into the game for a better vostok recreation. Besides, I think it would be nice to have an early game thermal control system, in case you send your vostok to moho or something.

Nice idea, though currently I have no plans for anything Vostok related.

4 hours ago, Deltac said:

Saw a progress 2, so I made one too!

ztcWgLE.png

Docked with MIR, dropping off snacks.

That's great, I really love the colour scheme!

GCbeo8K.png
DsGQ090.png

Here I sit broken hearted.  I came to see more posts before posting, instead I have to double post.

Anyway, I made this thing.  I've seen it before but I don't know if it was a real world design, or if it was Eyes turned skyward or something like that.

CT6sSxK.png3czpxuX.png