[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, Deltac said:

Spektor Attached.  Additional Snack capacity increased.

cfruaI7.png

It's great!

Do you have any other angles? For reasons...

On 9/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

ssc5d0v.jpg

p9q3o8w.jpg

Priroda with Contares Travers radar.

EDIT: @Beale I apologise for my awkward request, but could you please create a slight depression in the ends of the Mir docking compartment? The flat surface clips through the BDB CADS port.

Nice craft, thanks to @hraban for the nice little Travers. 

And sure, I will take a look.

Some unknowns...

iXEJWUc.png|
CYHtapu.png Wait...

Nice (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ  , can you share save file ?

13 hours ago, Deltac said:

Я только что закончил МИР. Посмотрите товарищ!

9tw1bVq.pngTT6Llbx.pngApY3h9S.pngWi01CzX.png

Ой, подождите ... Я не закончил ...; 3

Также интересный горнодобывающий лазер. 

Nice (ノ ◕ ヮ ◕) ノ, вы можете поделиться файлом сохранения?

2 hours ago, ARTOBAN said:

Nice (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ  , can you share save file ?

Here are my ships folder and subassemblies.

Mods needed:

• Tantares
  • Contares and Contares RUS
  • Blue Dog
  • AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads
  • Tantares in Colors
  • Monkey business Inc LK parts
  • Cormorant
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (Not a requirement, I just chose to use that.)

I think that should be it.  I also have the DLC for KSP, but I don't think I used any of those parts.

Edited by Deltac

21 hours ago, kopapaka said:

A classic! Many thanks :cool:

19 hours ago, Deltac said:

Energia M new rocket.  First flight must be Kerbaled of course.

MJ2y4RA.pngXGrkwQq.pngDa2Kt0k.png

Interesting expansion!

It starts a little bit to remind me of:

fetch.php?w=750&tok=a1d90d&media=timelines:mir-ghost.jpg

I have to wonder if the ports IRL could handle this level of strain from docking the modules that way, or would the station slowly creak apart. The ports on MIR were already re-inforced, and masts were placed from Spektr (Kvant?) to the core module.

Polyus

CwDG3z7.png

I am having a little headache with this one. The IRL application is not really suited to KSP, and I am not too interested in creating weapons (Anti-sat rockets for the Almaz may be suitable here though).

It leaves two first ideas (Or any other suggestions)

• Large space station module (Not totally out there, Polyus did carry MIR-2 on its belly, and the modules may have formed the basis for the larger Energia launched MIR-2 station). The remaining questions is what are these very large modules purpose?
  • ISRU craft. Interesting and a good fit for the large converter / ore tank. But, kind of niche, limited to asteroids and low-gravity worlds (But how do you land it then?!?!).

Any good Polyus references, be sure to hit me up!

N06OZUX.png
Ry7MyjP.jpg

10 minutes ago, Beale said:

I have to wonder if the ports IRL could handle this level of strain from docking the modules that way, or would the station slowly creak apart. The ports on MIR were already re-inforced, and masts were placed from Spektr (Kvant?) to the core module.

I think you touched on it - especially during MIR, they did a lot of work with developing in-orbit construction, often assisted by EVA astronauts. If needed they absolutely could have designed some way of reinforcing the ports, especially if they designed the ports in such a way to allow that prior to launch.

Also, for my 2c on Polyus, I can only echo the sentiment of 'creating weapons in KSP is not interesting' (since, y'know, what's the point in a peaceful exploration game?)

27 minutes ago, Beale said:

I am having a little headache with this one. The IRL application is not really suited to KSP, and I am not too interested in creating weapons (Anti-sat rockets for the Almaz may be suitable here though).

Thanks...I'm with you and @CobaltWolf = zero interest in weaponizing KSP

The Almaz would be interesting only insofar as creating some challenging launch profiles.

Edited by Tyko

12 hours ago, Beale said:

Large space station module (Not totally out there, Polyus did carry MIR-2 on its belly, and the modules may have formed the basis for the larger Energia launched MIR-2 station). The remaining questions is what are these very large modules purpose?

Labs bigger and more efficient than the current Mir stuff (but weighing and costing a lot because balance) is the first application that springs to my mind. Also, lasers, hmmm... What about integration with KSP Interstellar Extended? IMHO, Polyus acting as an "orbital energy transmitter" could make for some good endgame content.

P.S. And instead of solar panels it would then carry radiators. Because who needs solar panels with a reactor onboard :)

Edited by TK-313

About the Polyus-issue:

I would just make a new scientific experiment called “log ionosphere” , and call it a day. Lasers are invisible in space anyway so animations are unneccessary, and Polyus actually did have plenty of scientific value. (And lets not forget that most space technology has a military twin).

I also agree with my co-posters that we shouldn’t militarize Tantares, so the anti-ICBM side of Polyus can be safely ignored, just like we can ignore the Space Shuttle as a nuclear delivery vehicle

By the way, can anyone recommend me some good books about Mir? Russian-language is fine

@Beale Have you considered making your own radial decoupler for the rockets that need them? I know we can use the stock ones, but I am curious. I know some of us like to use Janitor's Closet mod filters, and It would be nice to just be able to enable Tantares and TantaresLV in the mod filters and not have to have anything else enabled to build a rocket. Just a suggestion. Keep up the amazing work, Beale!!!

21 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Homebrew Polyus:

3VHEoKg.jpg

Nice! Packed with all the features! :D 

6 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Beale Have you considered making your own radial decoupler for the rockets that need them? I know we can use the stock ones, but I am curious. I know some of us like to use Janitor's Closet mod filters, and It would be nice to just be able to enable Tantares and TantaresLV in the mod filters and not have to have anything else enabled to build a rocket. Just a suggestion. Keep up the amazing work, Beale!!!

Good suggestion, I have become a little frustrated with the stock decouplers in places.

Many thanks for the Polyus input.
While figuring this out I will make a small TantaresLV addition.

What is this? I will give you a limited clue...

Ur2LOwg.png

Edited by Beale

21 hours ago, Deltac said:

Truss 1 assembled.  Space for future truss segments if needed.  We have the power!

rLJNmi9.png

This is really nice, wow!

The poor shuttle is not looking as big anymore.

More things!

More clues.

CZsLO2S.pngyjyfk5O.png1nIoq0V.png

cS7ptv1.png

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Yeah I'm going to need a craft file real quick. 

Here you go.   You'll need Cormorant, Contares Main and Rus, Monkey Space thing with the proper LK base, Tantares and Tantares LV, and I use KJR to keep things together :P

Kosmos 2I.  Random fact of the day, the Kosmos 2I was not used for the Voskhod programme.  The more you know!