[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Did a bit of googling, and look what a nice stuff I've found.
A Salyut-based Kascad missle system with ten anti-satellite missles. A missle is basicly a pack of engines plus warhead. The station itself can be docked with for refueling and visiting by the crew of two for up to 7 days.

pg2.gif

pg3.gif

Or it can be repurposed (as always) as a multiple nano-satellite or probe launcher for scientific study of some planets orbit, atmosphere and ground.

There is enough stuff to release a pack of military vehicles someday - with Almaz, Soyuz-VI, Kaskad and something.

Holy cow! I did not expect this to be so fun! And so effective too! :D 

I might have to try it out on a space station!

Qn25toj.png
u3rofk9.png
YFGk8oY.png
OI5oWI3.jpg
MVn4wRd.png

@notJebKerman That's amazing! The kind of stuff I love to see :) 

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, DerpyFirework said:

@Beale, the realplume configs appear to have dissapeared. I can't find them in the download anywhere (maybe they got lost in git somehow?). I've also just submitted a new PR for the FGB engines.

Ach! You will have to forgive my lack of experience with this :) I will merge as soon as next pre-release.

Too labour intensive at the moment, but when I have some free time, it would be nice to give everything bump-maps.

uRsqtIT.png
aC9FnTU.png

Edited by Beale

Experimental Jet Proton (How much can I avoid finishing the first stage?) + multi-node module.

4ofxeia.png A strange rocket on the pad.
GgkdPqQ.png Maybe not much of a surprise, but it turns out jets have limited use.
69mTfqc.png Here it is! 
TRUZm1s.jpg A nerve-recking approach, with limited fuel and electricity.
OwW9EMM.png But, a precise docking later.
SzDKntl.png It's looking a bit more even now... I wonder what that could be in aid of.
WlHtS2H.png 6 ports above for fuel tanks, 5 ports below for visiting spacecraft.

1 minute ago, overkill13 said:

The source code is the zip file.  Erroneously named, but it includes a standard gamedata folder.

While true, it’s common practice to add a custom named zip file (as to prevent confusion).

9 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Hm, it seems there is no Tantares.zip-file in github, only the source-code.

3 hours ago, overkill13 said:

The source code is the zip file.  Erroneously named, but it includes a standard gamedata folder.

3 hours ago, Moiety said:

While true, it’s common practice to add a custom named zip file (as to prevent confusion).

Thanks, fixed.

9 hours ago, dimovski said:

Is... is that Polyus?

(You see, kind comrade Bealski, it appears as if you have just made me rise from the forum-dead with this post)

Dimovski! You return at last.

Yes, Polyus (Or the larger Skif family) is planned, along with functional laser (for peaceful mining purposes, of course).

4 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

Awesome, thank you so much for the release, great job. Time to build the beautiful MIR station.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SpaceToad said:

So, whats the difference between old Tantares and new Tantares?

Old Tantares is more complete, but (IMO) much lower quality - it also contains more random craft selections (American Cygnus, Japanese Fuji).

Spektr!

ylKLTtf.png
aTEKj29.png
NZNEovT.jpg

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Thanks!

Old Tantares is more complete, but (IMO) much lower quality - it also contains more random craft selections (American Cygnus, Japanese Fuji).

Spektr!

ylKLTtf.png
aTEKj29.png
NZNEovT.jpg

Cool, so will new Tantares have the same parts as old Tantares just with better textures? (I really hope it does, my entire lifter series uses parts from Cygnus, Soyuz, etc.) If not, will you keep those parts up to date?

15 hours ago, SpaceToad said:

Cool, so will new Tantares have the same parts as old Tantares just with better textures? (I really hope it does, my entire lifter series uses parts from Cygnus, Soyuz, etc.) If not, will you keep those parts up to date?

Unfortunately not, I'm kind of re-focusing on some areas I care more about, and chopping off the bits I care less about. End result hopefully much better quality and balanced pack.

11 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

It looks like Sputnik 3! (Btw, are there any plans for probe parts?)

You're not wrong! :D 

Personally, for probe parts - maybe. But, I currently use and enjoy very much @akron's Probes Plus.

Github

Spektr release.
You can (kind of) build the entire MIR structure now. But, there is a lot of fluff-parts to still do.

What are we lacking? Well: (Marked bold are questionable items).

• Priroda (Have the basic FGB body, but missing the big antenna, a lot of science parts).
  • Kvant-1 (Still missing the tug).
  • Docking Module (A full MIR module on it's own right, but bundled in with the Progress parts).
  • Progress itself.
  • FGB RCS parts (They're kind of cool).
  • FGB cargo-bay to keep @tjsnh happy :wink: (And myself to be honest).  
  • FGB Radiator
  • Mir-2 Truss.
  • Mir-2 Poisk / Pirs.
  • Mir-2 Micro-modules (Progress based).
  • Mir-2 Mega solar array.
  • Mir-2 Solar concentrator.
  • Shorter monopropellant tanks.

Man, I got a mild form of depression reading that list!

J8KYuVz.png
CGIuroS.png
Q2WPvFN.png

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

LOuE7.png

Did somebody said "big solar panels"?

also Probes plus is great, it's one of my "must have" mods

Real big.

8GYsWiK.png

More career!

You know what time it is! Buckle up.

WMNx2lL.jpg Proton multi-core launches!
uOv1sxg.png It's awful!
GrOfCLG.png So awful!
YodSoxD.png But, the Argon power module is delivered to a safe orbit, 200km in the sky.
IVZMrD6.png Might as well check they work.
qBIppJ6.jpg The good old station lies ahead. A lot of great science has taken place here, but, is it time to start phase 2?
qXfYTQH.png Bad things will happen here.
dAgbhJr.png Retract the solar panels just to be safe...
eFLt7lM.png That went well!
k2yoSjP.png The station, now with a decent source of power, awaits the next crew (Scheduled to visit in the upcoming 'Alnair' prototype).

I have to say I love your mod @Beale. When 1.2 came out, I was waiting for @CobaltWolf's BDB Skylab to come out to start an East Vs. West type career with them eventually meeting up to form @cxg2827's ISS.

Now I'm waiting for you to release Proton K and Salyut/Almaz followed by the rest of MIR so I can start my career.

Edited by Spike88

22 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

It looks like Sputnik 3! (Btw, are there any plans for probe parts?)

I've been sitting on these partially textured probe cores for too long... I really should finish them. (Right one is Ariel btw)

ixAiztk.png

11 hours ago, Beale said:

You can (kind of) build the entire MIR structure now. But, there is a lot of fluff-parts to still do.

What are we lacking? Well: (Marked bold are questionable items).

• Priroda (Have the basic FGB body, but missing the big antenna, a lot of science parts).
  • Kvant-1 (Still missing the tug).
  • Docking Module (A full MIR module on it's own right, but bundled in with the Progress parts).
  • Progress itself.
  • FGB RCS parts (They're kind of cool).
  • FGB cargo-bay to keep @tjsnh happy :wink: (And myself to be honest).  
  • FGB Radiator
  • Mir-2 Truss.
  • Mir-2 Poisk / Pirs.
  • Mir-2 Micro-modules (Progress based).
  • Mir-2 Mega solar array.
  • Mir-2 Solar concentrator.
  • Shorter monopropellant tanks.

Any plans on miscellaneous parts like infrared vertical and solar sensors, external gyrodynes, periscopes and antennas like Igla and base block folding dish? Some small personal touches that make these empty cans home.

Spoiler

Two infrared vertical sensors marked with blue arrows (4 of those at any FGB-based module) and green periscope52cce658921e44ddaf77c36ac24b5175.jpg

Yellow light emitting diode hard left is an Igla docking system antenna (and some refreshing view of Kvant-1)galerie1%2046.jpg

Three girodynes mounted on Kvant-2 (black spheres on the right)fig11.jpg

And some great photos of Mir complex as of year 1990 config from Space Museum of Toulouse, which I've had suddenly ran across during my daily googling

Edited by Legcutter

21 hours ago, Spike88 said:

I have to say I love your mod @Beale. When 1.2 came out, I was waiting for @CobaltWolf's BDB Skylab to come out to start an East Vs. West type career with them eventually meeting up to form @cxg2827's ISS.

Now I'm waiting for you to release Proton K and Salyut/Almaz followed by the rest of MIR so I can start my career.

Proton is soon, I just need a good amount of time to sit down and do it.

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've been sitting on these partially textured probe cores for too long... I really should finish them. (Right one is Ariel btw)

ixAiztk.png

I forgot about those! (You've come a long way huh? :wink:).

15 hours ago, Daelkyr said:

I thought that I should take some time to enjoy your latest batch of parts. Here's a silly album of what I did.

So cool! 

Beautiful to see (I really want to try an ISS-alike now) :) 

15 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Any plans on miscellaneous parts like infrared vertical and solar sensors, external gyrodynes, periscopes and antennas like Igla and base block folding dish? Some small personal touches that make these empty cans home.
And some great photos of Mir complex as of year 1990 config from Space Museum of Toulouse, which I've had suddenly ran across during my daily googling

Excellent photos! Really clear without the grain and thermal covers of the IRL thing.

A few simple little parts incoming. Mainly antennas.

XQUen3H.png
MXNkIVz.png
aQk0hoP.png