[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Very nice recreation! Did you build it in parts or is it a whole craft?

I built it in parts, recreating each module (core, Kvant-1/2, etc). I ended up replacing Kvant-1 and Kristall after having docked them because I just didn't like some stuff about them. A few goofs here and there were easily fixed by removing parts on EVA with KIS. I had built the docking module with the two big block things on the side but after getting it docked I realized that those blocks are the solar panels that were later added to Kvant-1 so I took them off with a quick EVA. I launched Kvant-1 with the big Sofora and Rapana girders on the side, which made the rocket pretty painful to control, but if I had KIS installed at the time I would have just packed them on the side and detached/reassembled them in orbit.

I'm really liking that VA capsule and heatshield. Do you have any plans to create the Federation capsule?

20 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Well, she is a beauty. 

But can you Kliper? 

MSfa2p3.pngIxo31Eh.pngpv7SOn9.pngYIaXw9d.png

Off course my friend!

nJYVJN8.png

Again, 95% Tantares and 100% wütender Deutscher free :P

2 hours ago, ddavis425 said:

Do you have any plans to create the Federation capsule?

Beale had it, then abandoned it, but is easy to restore:

3c1AHVQ.png

Let me know if you want more info!

Edited by Drakenex

1 hour ago, Beale said:

If you could only have one...

2xPJT0p.png
lk1small.jpg

My only ask is that it's a separate part because I'm using that pod a lot in my playthrough and would prefer its basic shape/size doesn't change  :)

What's in that nosecone? I always seem to have something to attach to the tops of my pods - either parachutes, docking ports or maybe RCS.

Edited by Tyko

1 hour ago, Saltshaker said:

I like the one on the right, though it should be a separate part.

7 minutes ago, Tyko said:

My only ask is that it's a separate part because I'm using that pod a lot in my playthrough and would prefer its basic shape/size doesn't change  :)

What's in that nosecone? I always seem to have something to attach to the tops of my pods - either parachutes, docking ports or maybe RCS.

Just a quick clarification, of course, it will be a separate part :)

The nosecone is two parts, a service section and a parachute section, or maybe a drogue and main chute, not sure yet.

39 minutes ago, HooHungLow said:

We can now finally launch the N-1 Lunar Missions. 

t1R7ue3.png

You're missing block G (Stage IV).

0WCS2kH.png

N1-L3 in real life colors circa 1969, I'm going to pack it some time tonight.

2 hours ago, Beale said:

2xPJT0p.png
lk1small.jpg

Obviously both, I don't know why but I'll need them for sure

3 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Speaking of which... @Beale, I'd say that by now the link to this mod does belong in the first post. Would you? :wink:

+1 :D That sounds like a good idea

1 minute ago, Drakenex said:

You're missing block G (Stage IV).

N1-L3 in real life colors circa 1969, I'm going to pack it some time tonight.

Obviously both, I don't know why but I'll need them for sure

+1 :D That sounds like a good idea

Yeah, I realized I picked the wrong picture after I posted, LMK when you get those new textures uploaded, they look real sharp!

18 hours ago, Beale said:

2xPJT0p.png
lk1small.jpg

The one on the right, the more pointy one.
Preferably with an attachable mesh. Or even a small flat top or attachment point for an antenna (or whatever) which would be jettisoned when the chute pops.

2 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Preferably with an attachable mesh. Or even a small flat top or attachment point for an antenna (or whatever) which would be jettisoned when the chute pops.

^ adding an attach node might be nice actually! It'll look dumb if used incorrectly so that's not really your problem if users abuse it :P

23 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

Taking LK Lunniy Korabl up for a test...

fjikZvx.jpg

That's cool! I remember reading the LEO LK did not have legs, but cannot find the source now.

21 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Dunno how many times it's been asked, if at all, but any plans for Energia/Polyus parts

It's coming along nicely... :wink: 

k8xSSp4.png

21 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Speaking of which... @Beale, I'd say that by now the link to this mod does belong in the first post. Would you? :wink:

Done :) 

5 hours ago, tjsnh said:

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

^ adding an attach node might be nice actually! It'll look dumb if used incorrectly so that's not really your problem if users abuse it :P

I will put it to two parts, so you could have a docking port or something on the main parachute, and depending on the mission you can have an extra drogue chute instead.

mIfxVfq.png
TVnju0P.png
I9CPCnT.png
A9NOYOy.png

35 minutes ago, Beale said:

That's cool! I remember reading the LEO LK did not have legs, but cannot find the source now.

Thank you! And I guess not including them makes sense, especially considering I had to add multiple structural parts between the engine and the fairing in order to get it to fit inside...

32 minutes ago, Tyko said:

This is looking SO COOL  :D  Is the top node a standard 0.625m?

Indeed it is :cool:

tlAYiq3.png
1TIK3Ei.png
YueO15v.png
J5TWocC.png

I have updated GitHub for TantaresLV with the new Energia textures.

@Drakenex @HooHungLow I did not quote all your posts, but no complaint, I am really loving these crafts!

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

It's coming along nicely... :wink: 

k8xSSp4.png

Done :) 

I will put it to two parts, so you could have a docking port or something on the main parachute, and depending on the mission you can have an extra drogue chute instead.

mIfxVfq.png
TVnju0P.png
I9CPCnT.png
A9NOYOy.png

A - the way you setup the extended taper with that structural part = THANK YOU!

B - the idea with the attachment node on top wasn't so much for a docking port, but more to mount a little transmitter like the actual LK-700 mock-up had:
https://falsesteps.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/lk-700.jpg

Even still, this will make for a pretty good LK-700 capsule stand-in - THANK YOU!

1 minute ago, tjsnh said:

A - the way you setup the extended taper with that structural part = THANK YOU!

B - the idea with the attachment node on top wasn't so much for a docking port, but more to mount a little transmitter like the actual LK-700 mock-up had:
https://falsesteps.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/lk-700.jpg

Even still, this will make for a pretty good LK-700 capsule stand-in - THANK YOU!

Ohhhh, well actually it is the LK-1 ahahaha.

lk1small.jpg

There is the extra drogue which will also have a node, so you can still make the LK-700.