[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

"Grorious!! Will serve the peopre's repubric werr!"

Great work Beale. Keep the RAM-less parts coming. You are an unstoppable machine.

One of the Shenzhou's useful characteristics is its ability to undock and re-dock the orbital habitation module from the return capsule. This would allow the Chinese to leave orbital modules in space, or docked to a station such as Tiangong. Is squeezing a set of docking ports in-between the capsule and the orbital module feasible, or is it awkward and unwieldy? What does the craft look like with a set of docking ports inbetween the two modules? Would a recess for one of the docking ports in the orbital module make it not so awkward if that's the case? Just spitballing.

Beale: What sort of IVA do you have planned for the Shenzou? I think something based on the V-C3 Operations block would be good. If you didn't want to get to particular about the size (I think your Shen is slightly smaller than the V-C3) you could probably just copy the IVA over as is!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Thanks!

"Grorious!! Will serve the peopre's repubric werr!"

Great work Beale. Keep the RAM-less parts coming. You are an unstoppable machine.

One of the Shenzhou's useful characteristics is its ability to undock and re-dock the orbital habitation module from the return capsule. This would allow the Chinese to leave orbital modules in space, or docked to a station such as Tiangong. Is squeezing a set of docking ports in-between the capsule and the orbital module feasible, or is it awkward and unwieldy? What does the craft look like with a set of docking ports inbetween the two modules? Would a recess for one of the docking ports in the orbital module make it not so awkward if that's the case? Just spitballing.

Thanks!

Ehm, the docking ports.

I understand what you mean here, but it's not really do-able in an elegant way. In my opinion it looks a bit "hacky" if you stick the ports to connect the OM and DM.

I think if your intention is to leave the OM on a station, then the "hacky" look is not so bad for the convenience of having a new small station module that future craft can dock to.

My English is really failing me here, I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Beale, I updated the config file for RO, it now has ALV support and fixed the compatibility for non-RO users.

Tried to do some "Zond" flights, but failed to pilot it correctly, so only suborbital flight. :c

Anyway, the crew survived. :)

http://cs14111.vk.me/c622818/v622818511/b70a/Mi01kNzvbIQ.jpg

http://cs14111.vk.me/c622818/v622818511/b714/KZQvCM9rW5s.jpg

http://cs14111.vk.me/c622818/v622818511/b71e/BXRZXCbtMUU.jpg

Awesome! :)

I will include with a quick patch soon (with shenzou OM, node and 1.25m port).

A failure is not so bad in RSS, I have difficulty reaching the Moon in even 1/10th scale thanks to it's funky inclination.

One of the bonuses of using your awesome mods.

Thanks!

What are you thinking of doing after the Shenzou OM?

Planetary probes Ex. Venera

Beale: What sort of IVA do you have planned for the Shenzou? I think something based on the V-C3 Operations block would be good. If you didn't want to get to particular about the size (I think your Shen is slightly smaller than the V-C3) you could probably just copy the IVA over as is!

I'm not so sure...

There are a few IVAs that need doing.

Off the top of my head, the Spektr, Shenzou OM and ATV(?) are missing one and the LK, VA and Soyuz OM are in need of a revamp.

But yeah, for a temp fix the V-C3 will do. :)

I hope I will see Voskhod or maybe... Buran?

And I am using stock parts to recreate vostok 3rd stage but the feel is not like with real one.

Anyways Your mod is better than any other.

Thanks!

Voskhod maybe, it would mean getting the airlock working, which could be difficult.

Buran: I think not. Very difficult. When Energia is done, maybe I could begin to take a look, but I wouldn't expect it :)

Thanks!

Voskhod maybe, it would mean getting the airlock working, which could be difficult.

Buran: I think not. Very difficult. When Energia is done, maybe I could begin to take a look, but I wouldn't expect it :)

If you are going to make Energia, may the radial boosters have their nosecap as a separate part? As they are used independently as "Zenit" launchers it will add more versatility.

If you are going to make Energia, may the radial boosters have their nosecap as a separate part? As they are used independently as "Zenit" launchers it will add more versatility.

Yeah, for sure :)

Another interesting thing I discover: The 1st stage engine of the Soyuz 2.1v is actually more powerful than standard Stage 1 engine on Soyuz FG. Perhaps another variant will solve some balance and TWR issues.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Ehm, the docking ports.

I understand what you mean here, but it's not really do-able in an elegant way. In my opinion it looks a bit "hacky" if you stick the ports to connect the OM and DM.

I think if your intention is to leave the OM on a station, then the "hacky" look is not so bad for the convenience of having a new small station module that future craft can dock to.

My English is really failing me here, I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Awesome! :)

I will include with a quick patch soon (with shenzou OM, node and 1.25m port).

A failure is not so bad in RSS, I have difficulty reaching the Moon in even 1/10th scale thanks to it's funky inclination.

Thanks!

Planetary probes Ex. Venera

I'm not so sure...

There are a few IVAs that need doing.

Off the top of my head, the Spektr, Shenzou OM and ATV(?) are missing one and the LK, VA and Soyuz OM are in need of a revamp.

But yeah, for a temp fix the V-C3 will do. :)

Thanks!

OK I believe in you.I think your mod will be the best and biggest Soviet Pack.

OK I believe in you.I think your mod will be the best and biggest Soviet Pack.

Thanks!

Tantares 12.3 and Tantares LV 3.2

Shenzou OM, Mir Node, 1.25m Docking Port and RO overhaul included.

@Niemand303, I've taken the liberty of splitting your configs up, one for Tantares and the other for Tantares LV, for the folks who use one mod without the other. Once again, thanks for making them! Incredibly detailed stuff.

4f6bda91a0.jpg

Edit: I've fudged the version number. We'll pretend version 12.2 existed, okay?

Also,

Possible "Final" variant of the RD-1XX alike engines, highest thrust, but lowest efficiency. I could reduce the thrust of the CEM(B) with this.

Thoughts? Obviously I do not want to clutter people's parts folder.

378b90111d.jpg

Edited by Beale

Thanks!

Tantares 12.3 and Tantares LV 3.2

Shenzou OM, Mir Node, 1.25m Docking Port and RO overhaul included.

@Niemand303, I've taken the liberty of splitting your configs up, one for Tantares and the other for Tantares LV, for the folks who use one mod without the other. Once again, thanks for making them! Incredibly detailed stuff.

http://puu.sh/denZC/4f6bda91a0.jpg

Edit: I've fudged the version number. We'll pretend version 12.2 existed, okay?

Yay! Congrats on such an awesome release! It's time to build Chinese space stations!

1EbLo23M3Ps.jpg

I will start my "realification" work on Vega parts soon (I'm getting addicted to Stanislaw Lem and Philip Kindred Dik books (ah, those filters, I can't put a "c" in his name) :) ).

Yay! Congrats on such an awesome release! It's time to build Chinese space stations!

http://cs618827.vk.me/v618827511/23aa4/1EbLo23M3Ps.jpg

I will start my "realification" work on Vega parts soon (I'm getting addicted to Stanislaw Lem and Philip Kindred Dik books (ah, those filters, I can't put a "c" in his name) :) ).

Thanks!

Great! I am somewhat tempted to do a Tiangong now... Later :)

Thank you for your work on the RO going further. It's intimidating to me to use on a daily basis, but I really can appreciate the work and thourough research you're putting into these configs.

MiànbÄÂo (Shenzou OM) roughly translates to 'bread' in English. You son of a b...rrread....

:wink:

I've just noticed the lights aren't actually working on the Shenzou OM as they should.

I'll fix soon, but I think I'll wait if people uncover any further bugs.

0e06809cdc.jpg

Anybody freezing on load-up at the Launcher pack, especially Engine_A on both ALV and TLV?

That seems a very odd issue... Sorry I am not sure what could cause this.

Have you tried a re-install of the mod?

Also, do you have any error reports by any chance? They are found in the /Kerbal Space program/ Directory and take the form Ex. 2014-11-12_232446 .

The only thing that springs to mind with freeze-on-load is either a bug with a plugin code, or running out of memory

Let's hope we can get this working :)

Kerbal Stuff Stats

3,000 Downloads! It's a great day!

It caught my attention that the fourth biggest hit for Tantares is via Google Japan. A little unexpected :confused:

8d425c45e1.png

Version 12.1 was also the most popular, despite containing the least amount of content compared to other updates.

I suspect this is due to finally giving the Kerbal Stuff page a proper icon!

3b600de5ad.png

I love stats!

Quick Long March Mission

a605234f53.jpg

de32930792.jpg

cc45ff8479.jpg

Shortly before the successful rescue of Kermon Kerman.

cf6dc346e6.jpg

Edited by Beale

Anybody freezing on load-up at the Launcher pack, especially Engine_A on both ALV and TLV?

Likely unrelated to Tantares. Just because it freezes on loading a certain part, doesn't mean it's the fault of that part. Don't know the technical reason, but I believe that's the case.

Edited by curtquarquesso

I downloaded the new version and did a Shenzou mission (I only put the thing into orbit, I may dock something to it) using a design based on the screenshots posted above by Beale. I quite like the Tantares parts, as they look nice and function well all while fitting into the stockalike theme. I'm also quite interested to see what the Zhenzou orbital module IVA will be like if or when it is finished (I quite like IVA, despite not using it too much while flying stuff).

I downloaded the new version and did a Shenzou mission (I only put the thing into orbit, I may dock something to it) using a design based on the screenshots posted above by Beale. I quite like the Tantares parts, as they look nice and function well all while fitting into the stockalike theme. I'm also quite interested to see what the Zhenzou orbital module IVA will be like if or when it is finished (I quite like IVA, despite not using it too much while flying stuff).

Thanks! That's really nice to hear.

IVAs are needed. I imagine the Shenzou IVA will be more like a command module on the inside than the other orbital module.

I think it helps that you made the Fuji spacecraft.

That is true! I'd forgotten that.

Maybe time to give the Fuji another go...

Here is the latest picture of Kenzou 1(My shenzou type mission).

e0JgAUp.jpg

The probe at the top is a simple probe with a kerbal engineering system part put on as well as a hoop antenna. In rp it essentially gives the kerbals access to the internet and stuff, so the kerbals have something to do while sitting around up there. I would have posted this earlier actually, but I got distracted by stuff on imgur. I also discovered Kiwis (The bird from New Zealand type, not the fruit type) are really cute.

I really like the shenzhou OM.

It looks really nice!

On that note, are you going to release that chinese capsule that you were working on in the eyes turned skywards thread?

Also does sentient bread have natural enemies? Or are they invincible to everything (like krakens, bread krakens, my dog, tribes of magical banana people, sharks, sharks with laser eyes, batman, ect)?

Edited by gooddog15

The Soyuz craft file that you put up won't open. It says I'm missing some parts. I'm assuming those are the fairings? Is it made using ProceduralFairings?

EDIT: I have ProceduralFairings installed, and yet it still says it is missing "strutConnectorMedium". Does anyone know what this is?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3