[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Ah I'm now seeing where the strut issue on my craft files is coming from. The struts that I thought were stock are actually KW. I'm too lazy right now to replace those struts, so that's tomorrow. Until then, I ask that you have KW (or at least the strut parts in that pack, if you're smart enough to do that) installed to use my craft files.

BTW Beale, any progress on the Fuji re-dev?

Ah, okay, we know the problem some were having now :)

The FUJI: I am sadly caught up with work again. Perhaps the OM today.

Perhaps...

HA! I love that song! What are the odds you'd select it?! Well probably pretty good actually, considering you're from Italy. Still though, quite a coincidence.

Ha! Thankyou.

It is a "classic" (At least to me). I am happy it has found an audience in the greater world!

A little tricky to use, as, as I found out many renditions were sing by outspoken supporters of Fascism, er...

Thankfully not the version I choose, which is from the film of the same name.

Eeeeeeee!

Beale, you talk all the time about "Oh, if only I had more time..." but it seems to me you get a phenomenal amount done! Love your work, as always. :)

Thanks!

I have to make time :)

http://i.imgur.com/chn3zEF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E9kFdWH.jpg

The Shenzhou module is fantastic. :)

Also, did the launchers get a rebalance/realism pass?

If so, the Soyuz launcher seems to be more reasonably powered (although I still have to throttle down the engines a lot, using FAR).

The larger launcher, however, can still function as a VTOL SSTO... :D

Wow! Nice stuff. Glad to see it finding uses.

The Soyuz launcher, yes it has had a bit of re-tuning.

The Proton, untouched. I realise it can put small payloads up in one stage. :blush:

I must give it a look...

This had been brought up a few versions ago but the antennas unlike their stock counterparts still have physics enabled.

Oops! Fixed!

Nice to meet you! :wink:

It's awesome! I was expecting something to pop up from that cargo bay. :D

[spoiler=Some Italian music I prefer recently :)]

Attention: Melodic Death Metal

Thanks!

Oh believe me, I had tried. But, it kept getting stuck on the way out.

Thank you for the music there! (Maybe not quite my taste, but some will enjoy!)

Edited by Beale

hey Beale, i have to say "thanks" to you, because i ordered the Soyuz manual book today as my personal christmas present :D can'T wait to hold it in my hands with all the jucy Soyuz stuff inside :D

Aha! Very nice.

It is a great book. Well, okay, reading about the Soyuz ventilation system is not so interesting to me, but the rest of it is fascinating.

Some other, sorta, good news.

The Fuji OM fits on the existing sheet, with enough space left over for Solar panels and Docking port / parachute.

Great!

WIP

P90C37J.png

Brilliant model: love it as always!!

No US ball with bubble??

My kerbals are bitterly disappointed:

;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;

Look at them! Distraught!

(P.S I don't mean to cause offence)

Aha!

No the ball, is for a later time.

I am so sorry.

But enjoy the standard OM :)

kYQzMe5.png

This is what I have left to work with.

Not a lot of un-used space!

SSGRHJ8.png

Ha! Thankyou.

It is a "classic" (At least to me). I am happy it has found an audience in the greater world!

A little tricky to use, as, as I found out many renditions were sing by outspoken supporters of Fascism, er...

Thankfully not the version I choose, which is from the film of the same name.

#Awkward. I know now Schipa's version is the best for some non-musical reasons!

That OM is very pretty. Each of your ships look better than the last! We're going to be seeing some pretty impressive stuff in 2050.

Many thanks! :)

A quick album.

http://imgur.com/a/ry3BY

Your speed is beyond any imagination! Do sentient bread sleep? [thinking heavily]

Also, my althistory sense is tingling, I will totally use all of your newest possibilities to make a story, with Fuji, Tiangong-4 and "Mir-2"! <3

AqJM_G7ocFk.jpg

Edited by Niemand303

#Awkward. I know now Schipa's version is the best for some non-musical reasons!

That OM is very pretty. Each of your ships look better than the last! We're going to be seeing some pretty impressive stuff in 2050.

Schipa is grateful :wink:

f365b30ade.jpg

Thankyou on the OM! Hah, we shall see what the modding scene is like for Kerbal Space Program 12

Your speed is beyond any imagination!

Also, my althistory sense is tingling, I will totally use all of your newest possibilities to make a story, with Fuji, Tiangong-4 and "Mir-2"! <3

http://cs413425.vk.me/v413425864/603d/AqJM_G7ocFk.jpg

Haha! Thankyou! You know, it is the texture sharing that allows this. It's very nice to UV unwrap an object to find half of the needed textures already there for you. :)

I do wonder if Japan would collaborate with China on such things? Ah, but this is no place for politics.

Do sentient bread sleep?

c9b2087472.png

Let me ask you, child. Truly, are you bready?

For the Fuji:

Now I reasonably close to finishing it. A release soon.

The drawback will be lack of IVA. For a few parts now this is the case.

I am sorry for this really, they are very time-intensive it seems. I think after Fuji focus for Tantares will be on getting the "lost" IVAs into the game.

Energia

Expect some Energia / Zenit related news fairly soon, also :)

Edited by Beale

You should use the stock 2.5m stack decoupler.

Or use some low-profile decoupler found in many mods (my favorite is one from NovaPunch). Stock 2.5m decoupler is ugly, IMO - it totally breaks nice, sleek designs with its fattiness and yellowness.

Or use some low-profile decoupler found in many mods (my favorite is one from NovaPunch). Stock 2.5m decoupler is ugly, IMO - it totally breaks nice, sleek designs with its fattiness and yellowness.

I use the little blue separator for the "Nice Sleek Rocket"

Which get shot back into the discarded stage and explodes :( which is why I ask. The yellow/black/ugly one performs better, but it's ugly. :(

I typically use the blue 2.5m separator, yes.

But, I have yet to experience this!

Ehm... Yes, soon there will be 2.5m decoupler I imagine. :)

The stock 2.5m separator is also rather weak due to it's short height. Basically incompatible with physical time-warp.

Edited by Beale

So, using the Altair capsule's integrated decoupler, I flipped it over to build a cool-looking 2-stage Mun lander:

peNiY59.jpg

The only problem with it being that the crew crawl out of the hatch head-first:

Hvb1qpU.jpg

And fall down:

I5eEziZ.jpg

And in an incredible show of strength - flip over the lander when they stand up under the ladder! xD

X0JZX3q.jpg

You had one job, Halfrod, just one job...

(i use MechJeb)

I have discovered that if I wait longer then 1 sec to fire the engines of the next stage, the seperator does not kerplode.

As a side note, doesn't the next stage engine ignite BEFORE separation on the Russian rockets with that open bracing between the stages? I thought that was why they are open like that, but I could be wrong.

Edited by tg626

Boosters, use the shift key with the "a,d -s,w - q,e" keys and angle the extendable ladder out more so that it doesn't stick into the ground. That why the kerbals can move away from an otherwise perfectly good lander.

I hope that there will be Energ-etic and something that we haven't zenit before.

I need to make up new puns.....

Oh and I've been working on a future version of Strings (that atmospheric probe thing a few pages back). I just need time to launch it.

Edited by gooddog15

As a side note, doesn't the next stage engine ignite BEFORE separation on the Russian rockets with that open bracing between the stages? I thought that was why they are open like that, but I could be wrong.

That's right, cause they use the thrust of the previous stage as ullage to help ignite the next stage. I really hope we'll get decoupler fairings that are like that in Tantares someday<3

So, using the Altair capsule's integrated decoupler, I flipped it over to build a cool-looking 2-stage Mun lander:

http://i.imgur.com/peNiY59.jpg

The only problem with it being that the crew crawl out of the hatch head-first:

http://i.imgur.com/Hvb1qpU.jpg

And fall down:

http://i.imgur.com/I5eEziZ.jpg

And in an incredible show of strength - flip over the lander when they stand up under the ladder! xD

http://i.imgur.com/X0JZX3q.jpg

You had one job, Halfrod, just one job...

Wow!

I really like that! One thing I've not always liked about using descent capsules for landers is that the window is never in a practical orientation for landing. But you know, just flip it and it seems it is solved!

I hope that there will be Energ-etic and something that we haven't zenit before.

I need to make up new puns.....

Oh and I've been working on a future version of Strings (that atmospheric probe thing a few pages back). I just need time to launch it.

You are a punny guy :)

I look forward to a launch!

That's right, cause they use the thrust of the previous stage as ullage to help ignite the next stage. I really hope we'll get decoupler fairings that are like that in Tantares someday<3

This is interesting!

Ehm, maybe I should play around with staging on my rockets.

Sadly I think KSP's exhaust damage would lead to explosions.

Soon we will have the "Mesh" fairings, do not worry :)

Wait... Couldn't we just scale the included gray decoupler up to 2.5m? That would just take a config.

Yeah, for sure!

Copy TLV_Decoupler_A folder, and...

Change:

name = TLV_Decoupler_tg626
module = Part
author = Tantares

mesh = model.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 2.5

And now, you have a larger decoupler :)

Also, might want to up the ejection force.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
explosiveNodeID = top
ejectionForce = 500
}

Why I do not do this: I like every part to look different as an icon, so you know immediately what you are grabbing in the VAB.

Edited by Beale