[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I do not like this idea. Love Taurus II so far though!

I'd say have two configs, one hybrid throttleable, the other a pure solid. In my mind, having a SRB second stage is a pain in the ass (I've tried), but for those purists out there, they might enjoy the challenge.

So I'd say if you could, do 2 configs.

..//...

I've considered making it Hybrid-throttleable, as SRBs don't work great for Orbital insertion in KSP, IMO. Thoughts?

..//..

I think it should stay as a regular SRB(M) as the IRL PLV has a third stage? the BTS? which could be used for orbital insertion...

I think it should stay as a regular SRB(M) as the IRL PLV has a third stage? the BTS? which could be used for orbital insertion...

Well, Cygnus was launched by Antares, which solely had a liquid first stage, and a solid second stage. The solid is used IRL for orbital insertion.

Is it possible to get the APAS in 0.625? I'm kinda going off the idea that if a CBM is most comparable to a 1.25m port (especially if you look in FusTek's direction), and the APAS is smaller than it, surely it should be 0.625? Additionally if you look at the PMAs on the ISS, that serve as adapters between CBMs and APASs, the APAS is smaller than the CBM there too. The model looks great and I'd be happy to have it, I'm just giving my 2 cents, as the saying goes :)

What is the difference between tantares and tantares LV

Tantares is things that travel in space like a soyuz, or a progress or a Vostock

Tantares LV is launch vehicles - specifically a 1.25m R-7/Soyuz rocket (depending on what you want to call it) a 2.5 M U500/Proton rocket (depending on what you want to call it) and a kinda huge N-1 rocket (Only one name because it didn't get a chance to get another)

2. How would you feel about modelling a surface-attached Soyuz periscope, with an integrated decoupler? The periscope you see above decouples (thanks, offset feature!), but I have no doubt you could make a cooler-looking one, that I could safely stick right on top of the reentry capsule hatch. :)

That would also have the benefit of blocking the hatch, forcing you to Eva to/from the OM.

That's pretty cool! Have you considered including the .CRAFT file for that? I could always use a mostly stock (From the looks of it) Buran!

Oh and, http://kerbalx.com/TG626/BURAN

:cool:

Edited by tg626

Offsetting the Hamal probe core into the Tantares orbital module gives you a pretty OK Soyuz 7K-OK look:

http://i.imgur.com/R3y76xs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yUGkQuK.jpg

Also, Beale, some questions!

1. Do you have a donation link for your work?

2. How would you feel about modelling a surface-attached Soyuz periscope, with an integrated decoupler? The periscope you see above decouples (thanks, offset feature!), but I have no doubt you could make a cooler-looking one, that I could safely stick right on top of the reentry capsule hatch. :)

That's a nice approximation! :)

Questions:

1. I used to, but to be honest, I decided I'm not so comfortable receiving donations.

2. That's actually a really nice idea. Also tg626 has hit the nail on the head with the "forcing to use OM" bit. I like this.

Love it! :)

Thanks for the craft file!

Is it possible to get the APAS in 0.625?

Yup. I've modified gooddog's model, so there will be 1.25m and 0.625m variants.

Beale, you're gonna need to say this on the front page or people will keep asking.

You are right, I'll look to make some new icons when I can.

I do not like this idea. Love Taurus II so far though!
Also, maybe you should make the Castor 30 like the ones from the Explorer 1 in the FASA pack. Make them a solid rocket motor, unable to be throttled, but able to be shut down.

Thanks for the feedback!

This seems a neat solution (VenomousRequiem).

If I can make it so it can't be restarted, even sweeter! :)

Here it is anyway!

Simple Orbital Assist Rocket

3228a06b5f.jpg

a496565a8f.jpg

047f41b240.jpg

65cb01eea5.jpg

Edited by Beale

Moar shameless self promotion...

If that's self-promotion, keep it coming.

I can't wait for 1.0 to be out so I can get back into the game and start building again. I just can't justify setting up a new stable game with all the changes coming in 1.0, and with my IRL life.

I have some ideas on the next revision of .craft files.

1. Should it be hosted on KerbalX? Does it support craft packages?

2. How many different packages should there be? I'm thinking: Super-detailed, framerate murdering, CPU melting .crafts courtesy of spacecookie, simpler, basic .crafts by me, and Buran courtesy of you, since I suck at shuttles and spaceplanes.

So, basically waiting for PPTS, APAS, Pol launcher, and Angara apparently? And 1.0

If that's self-promotion, keep it coming.

I can't wait for 1.0 to be out so I can get back into the game and start building again. I just can't justify setting up a new stable game with all the changes coming in 1.0, and with my IRL life.

I have some ideas on the next revision of .craft files.

1. Should it be hosted on KerbalX? Does it support craft packages?

2. How many different packages should there be? I'm thinking: Super-detailed, framerate murdering, CPU melting .crafts courtesy of spacecookie, simpler, basic .crafts by me, and Buran courtesy of you, since I suck at shuttles and spaceplanes.

So, basically waiting for PPTS, APAS, Pol launcher, and Angara apparently? And 1.0

Well I do admire the dedication you have to these craft files!

1. It doesn't if I recall correctly. Which is probably a good thing IMO, the old Spaceport website was filled with craft files to the point that mods were harder to find.

2. I like the idea of tiered detail selections :)

Whatever you wish to do, I'm happy with it and I enjoy the work.

Kaboom!

4ed0905966.jpg

The Cygnus itself is due a little revamp I think, in particular the solar panels.

025ed184a0.jpg

8d412dcecf.jpg

0df9de55c0.jpg

2c0ccc4b67.jpg

VAB!

c100ac2137.jpg

How much fuel? That was shockingly easy.

1e3f05d355.jpg

Edited by Beale

The Antares looks amazing! I'm glad I could help I guess.

Anyways, on the seemingly popular topic of self promotion, look what I made!

8FFC934100B2EE097A6C545C2968E146EA7A5F5F

Again, I can't believe that I just not got around to it, but I made a Vostok. Maybe this could be the picture for the Imgur album on the front page? Question mark?? Notice me. ;-;

I can't wait for 1.0 to be out so I can get back into the game and start building again.

Same here. Still wanting to build my new spaceplane with VTOL capabilities which currently would be a waste of time.