[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

12 minutes ago, Beale said:

Dear thanks to @CobaltWolf, who has donated his time to fix some engine balance issues highlighted from some othersm they will be integrated in the next patch. :)

I'm sure you are all aware, but if not Bluedog Design Bureau

I only corrected the thrust/ISP on the R-7 and Proton engines, so the rest might still be a bit suspect. R-7's stage 0 and stage 1 slightly changed thrust and majorly nerfed ISP but the upper stage got a substantial buff to thrust and ISP. Proton first stage got a thrust buff and minor ISP nerf. The second stage got a thrust nerf and ISP buff, the third stage got an ISP nerf and thrust buff. This is in line with the balance solution we have for BDB, which uses the IRL ISP values and 1/4 the IRL thrust on sea level engines and 1/2 the IRL thrust on vacuum engines (because in KSP you don't have a 12 minute ascent to build up velocity from your upper stages like you do in IRL or RO)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

I only corrected the thrust/ISP on the R-7 and Proton engines, so the rest might still be a bit suspect. R-7's stage 0 and stage 1 slightly changed thrust and majorly nerfed ISP but the upper stage got a substantial buff to thrust and ISP. Proton first stage got a thrust buff and minor ISP nerf. The second stage got a thrust nerf and ISP buff, the third stage got an ISP nerf and thrust buff. This is in line with the balance solution we have for BDB, which uses the IRL ISP values and 1/4 the IRL thrust on sea level engines and 1/2 the IRL thrust on vacuum engines (because in KSP you don't have a 12 minute ascent to build up velocity from your upper stages like you do in IRL or RO)

Thanks, er yes - I still need to fix the Kosmos 3 problem child also.

It's less stockalike more like venalike. :wink:

But there goes a question:Why the N1 first stage comes as two parts, while there are not other parst with 7.5m diameter while the 2 and 3 stages are single? Do you REALLY want no one use these parts "the wrong way" and stack those with Kerbodyne tanks and engines? It makes them not

On 5/31/2014 at 12:12 AM, Beale said:

flexible enough to be used in any other design

, but restricted to N1.

14 minutes ago, Gapone said:

It's less stockalike more like venalike. :wink:

But there goes a question:Why the N1 first stage comes as two parts, while there are not other parst with 7.5m diameter while the 2 and 3 stages are single? Do you REALLY want no one use these parts "the wrong way" and stack those with Kerbodyne tanks and engines? It makes them not

, but restricted to N1.

I strongly suspect this had more to do with how difficult those particular parts are to model, with the engine fairings and such, rather than how they're intended to be used in-game.

You can split these "stages" into fuel tank and engine (with only the bit of fuel tank it's mounted on) then take the bottom of n1 first stage fuel tank resize attach to the bottom of fuel tank then do the same flip attach to top of engine.

For the first stage merge two models together name it "5m liquid fuel booster" or something like it.

For proton stages the term "liquid fuel booster" is also applicable.

Edited by Gapone

I will be pleased to see the old N1 system (Tank-Plate-Decoupler-Tank-Plate) instead of the new (Stage-Decoupler-Stage). I know that it is more part count, but more compatible with Kerbodynes. And the new "complete stage" design looks weird when first stage engines are just nozzles sticking out from the cluster while upper stages have entire engines modeled into and after fairing decouple it looks ugly. I can not decouple fairings, but not stack these engines and fuel tanks with Kerbodyne ones. Like, take the old models and put on fuel tanks new textures without white color, also put on "new" performance stats. I can even DO THIS BY MYSELF and even LOCALIZE to Russian if you include it in the mod. Even alser, the new 3.75m decoupler has one structural string (or whatever it's called), while the old one had two. Can you remove the structural string for symmetry reasons?

Edited by Gapone

9 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

Luna 2 Probe (ish)

4sy7l1F.pngt0bbfCJ.png

And a custom extended station core module. (Energia-Vulkan LV)

9dVFLwV.pngdA6P0KP.png

These are incredible! And the recolours are really tasteful. Really nice job :D 
Dare I ask a craft file for those? 

4 hours ago, StriZ said:

I got a bug with the camera for crew place 0.

Hide contents

TSPSWeRa5XI.jpg

Thanks I will fix this.

QR1J9dJ.png
y04M6X7.jpg

4 hours ago, Gapone said:

I will be pleased to see the old N1 system (Tank-Plate-Decoupler-Tank-Plate) instead of the new (Stage-Decoupler-Stage). I know that it is more part count, but more compatible with Kerbodynes. And the new "complete stage" design looks weird when first stage engines are just nozzles sticking out from the cluster while upper stages have entire engines modeled into and after fairing decouple it looks ugly. I can not decouple fairings, but not stack these engines and fuel tanks with Kerbodyne ones. Like, take the old models and put on fuel tanks new textures without white color, also put on "new" performance stats. I can even DO THIS BY MYSELF and even LOCALIZE to Russian if you include it in the mod. Even alser, the new 3.75m decoupler has one structural string (or whatever it's called), while the old one had two. Can you remove the structural string for symmetry reasons?

Why didn`t you download an older version of Tantares and use this old parts? They should work because they are only parts. All other people like the new parts from @Beale. So there is no need for the old ones anymore.

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me understand/troubleshoot a missing part issue with a craft from a previous KSP build (I moved from 1.4x to 1.5x and rebuilt all my mods).

Any help would be seriously appreciated! :kiss:

The part below appears to be from Tantares. I'm using the Craft Manager mod to see missing parts. The name appears to be "BK APAS".

I'm not sure, is this a deprecated part? or am I missing something else?

PART
{
	part = BK APAS_4292837844
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 3893663969
	pos = 0.268200427,30.2768822,-0.253736883
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 0,0.763750076,0
	rot = 0,-1,0,0
	attRot = 0,0.707106709,0,-0.707106709
	attRot0 = 0,1,0,0
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Root
	rigidAttachment = True
	istg = 1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 7
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = 2
	attm = 0
	modCost = 0
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	attN = bottom,Tantares.Habitation.2_4292837958_0|-0.0325|0

Here's a link to the craft file, if anyone is interested: OMV-M Mk2

From the Craft File, it looks like this may be the decoupler between the Shenzhou-style habitation module (Tantares.Habitation.2 in the Craft File) and the Crew/Descent capsule, which also has a parachute on it.

Also, here's what (I think) is the part on KerbalX: Tantares.Apas.B (although, honestly I'm not sure since I can't see it there)

Finally, I've got a screencap of the craft for reference: 

HB3AIVH.jpg

On 12/3/2018 at 5:12 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

What the heck, you experience the weird garbled Russian suit textures after 1.5 too?

I believe this is just a TRR bug, if switching to the vintage suit it is fine.

48 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me understand/troubleshoot a missing part issue with a craft from a previous KSP build (I moved from 1.4x to 1.5x and rebuilt all my mods).

Any help would be seriously appreciated! :kiss:

The part below appears to be from Tantares. I'm using the Craft Manager mod to see missing parts. The name appears to be "BK APAS".

I'm not sure, is this a deprecated part? or am I missing something else?HB3AIVH.jpg

Certainly not a Tantares part, I'm unsure where that comes from, but it does feel familiar :/

I have recreated the craft shown without any external parts, so you might narrow down what is missing.

Tantares_Apas_B was a part a very long time ago, but looks quite a bit different from what you have there :) 

34 minutes ago, Beale said:

I believe this is just a TRR bug, if switching to the vintage suit it is fine.

Certainly not a Tantares part, I'm unsure where that comes from, but it does feel familiar :/

I have recreated the craft shown without any external parts, so you might narrow down what is missing.

Tantares_Apas_B was a part a very long time ago, but looks quite a bit different from what you have there :) 

Pretty sure that's from Contares.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this and recreate the craft. I was hoping I wouldn't have to rebuild it after all, since the Mk2 version I felt had the perfect balance of TWR, parts, and functionality, but it may be I just use a new craft. Again, appreciate your looking at this.

48 minutes ago, Kablob said:

Pretty sure that's from Contares.

I'll look at that mod more specifically. I seem to remember I had decided in my 1.4x playthrough to focus purely on Tantares, so not including other parts mods or Contares, etc. But I'll look back at that.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by scottadges